Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

In the laguna is the 2.0 as reliable as the 1.5 engine.

The 2.0 seems to be alot more scarce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Barr wrote: »
    In the laguna is the 2.0 as reliable as the 1.5 engine.

The 2.0 seems to be alot more scarce

I have the 180 GT which has the €750 tax very quick Car and pulls through the Gears well plus it has a chain..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Truckermal wrote: »
    I have the 180 GT which has the €750 tax very quick Car and pulls through the Gears well plus it has a chain..

How many cars have you got? I'm pretty sure you have/had a Lexus then you also picked up a car recently afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I'd nearly buy it just for the reg!:pac:

Trust me. You don’t want the 1 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Trust me. You don’t want the 1 reg.

Haha!

I remember when I was younger I was annoyed at having such low digits as it was easy for someone to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Haha!

I remember when I was younger I was annoyed at having such low digits as it was easy for someone to remember.

It came in handy one time with a speeding ticket. Two Gard’s discussing stopping “the mayor” in the canteen. My friend also a Garda overheard them and knew the car and owner straight away... cough cough nudge wink wink.

The rest of the time you’re just answering random peoples questions.

No I didn’t order the no1.
    No I didn’t pay extra.
    No I don’t know how to get the no1 plate.
    No it’s not the mayors old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

How many cars have you got? I'm pretty sure you have/had a Lexus then you also picked up a car recently afaik.

Only ever keep two yes I had a LS 460 but replaced that with the Renault! Herself has the A6 I posted last week..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Was it the guy that buys the focus new every year now ecosport

That would be something to find out. Seems a bit too much of a high spec for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed for review

Cleaned and reopened, action has been taken.
    Back on topic folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Ian OB

If it wasn't for the horrible fuel efficiency I'd love this. Having to fill the tank every 300 miles killed me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-santafe/25672075

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

1998 skoda felicia petrol

750 euros

http://www.adverts.ie/21752209

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Ian OB wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the horrible fuel efficiency I'd love this. Having to fill the tank every 300 miles killed me.

You're right there
    Worst car I ever owned from a fuel economy point of view, I used to get about 20mpg if I was lucky
    I even had an E39 5 series 2.5 automatic and it did around 25mpg! :eek:

Great room in it alright. I was towing a trailer with firewood one day when the axle broke on the trailer at the side of the road. Opened the back window and filled it to the neck with all the firewood in the trailer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    You're right there
    Worst car I ever owned from a fuel economy point of view, I used to get about 20mpg if I was lucky
    I even had an E39 5 series 2.5 automatic and it did around 25mpg! :eek:

Great room in it alright. I was towing a trailer with firewood one day when the axle broke on the trailer at the side of the road. Opened the back window and filled it to the neck with all the firewood in the trailer :D

That's nothing. I had a 2.4 petrol one. Fuk me it was a thirsty beast. Almost €50 to get to Redcross in Wicklow from Ashbourne..and the same to get home :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

24 to the gallon was more than the wife's 2.0 petrol X-Trail ever managed...
    Excellent in every other way, but you'd need a tame Arab to keep it in juice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Drove one for a while in 2003, the roll on them was horrific!!!! Like a hippo on chocolate skates!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I really cannot see how any sensible person on a bangernomics budget could justify one of these over, say, a focus or i30 or similar. Unless you have a family of baby elephants.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I really cannot see how any sensible person on a bangernomics budget could justify one of these over, say, a focus or i30 or similar. Unless you have a family of baby elephants.

For towing and only short trips it would be perfect. Higher tax is a killer of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

For towing and only short trips it would be perfect. Higher tax is a killer of course.

Ah, I was thinking of that one, but on my walk this morning the 5 Tucsons of that era that I spotted had no towbars. It's usually 1 or 2 kids in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ah, I was thinking of that one, but on my walk this morning the 5 Tucsons of that era that I spotted had no towbars. It's usually 1 or 2 kids in the back.

The car was changing from around then but started really around 2007 onwards where people have been going the fake suv route..... Space for the buggy and easier with the height for getting the kids in and out of their seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Corolla gls with NCT until 10/21 and 9 months tax. This was the top UK spec for it's day with elec sunroof, 4 elec windows and air con.

Sit in and drive for €675

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-1-4-new-nct-and-tax/26150412

• Advertisement

Nice find! That's incredible value at that money
    Looks to be in great condition too and that front wing looks like a dead simple fix
    Pity it's up in Donegal :(
    Same owner for last 6 years too

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Nice find! That's incredible value at that money
    Looks to be in great condition too and that front wing looks like a dead simple fix
    Pity it's up in Donegal :(

Hadn't even checked the ownership! That bodes well. And nice to have a few more switches inside than misery Irish spec ones

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

How'd ye check the owners as a matter of interest

How'd ye check the owners as a matter of interest

Just go to https://www.cornmarket.ie/car-insurance-quotes/your-car/ and pop in the reg there and it shows last date of sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zs-05/26123965

N2NjY2E0M2NhODM2ZGFkMGM2NGVjYzViOWJlNTBiNzFFjmg7afWedSi2b4QH4btVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgxMTQ5NzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 05 MG ZS with NCT til September 2021, €999

Heap of alleged recent work, head gasket (of course!) and timing belt etc. Could be a nice buy

Perfect colour and all
    That would definitely tempt me, and especially with the head gasket sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭CoBo55

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zs-05/26123965

N2NjY2E0M2NhODM2ZGFkMGM2NGVjYzViOWJlNTBiNzFFjmg7afWedSi2b4QH4btVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgxMTQ5NzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 05 MG ZS with NCT til September 2021, €999

Heap of alleged recent work, head gasket (of course!) and timing belt etc. Could be a nice buy

I didn't think the ZS came with the small engine. Definitely a car that will appreciate in value in the coming years.

It seems that only Ireland & Portugal got the 1.4 version

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

It seems that only Ireland & Portugal got the 1.4 version

In spain was common the 1.8 version..
    1.4 was mounted on the Zr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Looks fantastic, specially for the price.

Do you think he set it down there with the forklift?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement