Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Crickets from the media regarding Clinton, only one reporting his name is newsweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Crickets from the media regarding Clinton, only one reporting his name is newsweek.

I watched that documentary on Netflix and I think it was said that he was on the island, but there were never any allegations of wrongdoing against him. One of the girls said she’s only ever seen him there when no one else was around and never saw him with any girls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 homes_for_all

elli21 wrote: »
    Dershowitz seems to be in big trouble.He was Epsteins layer that got him that soft sentence when he was first convicted.

He also wrote an article in 1997 claiming "Statutory rape is an outdated concept" and that 14 is a good age for concent.

So he did his job as a lawyer, and once wrote a piece that would have the US in line with many of our EU brethen (Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal etc) on the age of consent?

Yeah he's gonna face the electric chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump's crew knew too.

They did and there the only ones to do something about it,Trump has been vocal from the start, he said Bill has questions to answer. He refers to him as a predator.

You can't seriously be trying to insinuate that nothing has happened under his watch.

If it was lies where's the defamation case???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,091 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So he did his job as a lawyer, and once wrote a piece that would have the US in line with many of our EU brethen (Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal etc) on the age of consent?

Yeah he's gonna face the electric chair!

He brokered a deal which kept all associates of Epstein immune from prosecution, which included himself and a deal which was to be kept from the victims, who had a right to know that a deal had been made.

Of course he's not going to get the chair, but quit acting like he's Mother Theresa.

• Advertisement

He brokered a deal which kept all associates of Epstein immune from prosecution

Lawyer stuff, in essence? And in a deal with the State? Yeah, he's not getting into trouble for that anymore than Crochrane would for getting OJ off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lawyer stuff, in essence? And in a deal with the State? Yeah, he's not getting into trouble for that anymore than Crochrane would for getting OJ off.

odd how you quoted that post but omitted this part
    which included himself

odd how you quoted that post but omitted this part

So we're down to he's in trouble because he included himself in a deal brokered with the State? I have no idea if that's controversial, doesn't seem to be on the face of it. You can represent yourself in court, so I imagine you should be able to do so in other dealings with the State?

Happy to be pointed at the law that that break though.

They did and there the only ones to do something about it,Trump has been vocal from the start, he said Bill has questions to answer. He refers to him as a predator.

You can't seriously be trying to insinuate that nothing has happened under his watch.

If it was lies where's the defamation case???!!

*sigh*

Let's take it from the top.

"They did" do something about it, meaning Trump?

Trump hired Acosta, the guy who gave Epstein the sweetheart deal to let him off.

Trump fought to keep Acosta on when people objected.

As for "Trump called Clinton a predator."

1) it was to his advantage to say so.
    2) he wasn't the only person saying so.
    3) saying that doesn't do jack sh1t about the
    problem.
    4) you think trump gives a sh1t about women being assaulted, you're beyond naive
    5) why didn't he run on locking Bill up for sexual assault rather than Hillary for some bloody emails
    6) he is implicated in this too
    7) if he was against Eptstein's actions, why would he wish Maxwell well?

The reality here is the justice system stinks in the US. "As much justice as money can by" springs to mind. The idea that of all people Trump is a crusader for equality and justice is beyond parody.

*sigh*

Let's take it from the top.

"They did" do something about it, meaning Trump?

Trump hired Acosta, the guy who gave Epstein the sweetheart deal to let him off.

Trump fought to keep Acosta on when people objected.

As for "Trump called Clinton a predator."

1) it was to his advantage to say so.
    2) he wasn't the only person saying so.
    3) saying that doesn't do jack sh1t about the
    problem.
    4) you think trump gives a sh1t about women being assaulted, you're beyond naive
    5) why didn't he run on locking Bill up for sexual assault rather than Hillary for some bloody emails
    6) he is implicated in this too
    7) if he was against Eptstein's actions, why would he wish Maxwell well?

The reality here is the justice system stinks in the US. "As much justice as money can by" springs to mind. The idea that of all people Trump is a crusader for equality and justice is beyond parody.

Bad case of derangement syndrome right there, your only reading the news from one angle. If you think the current administration have done nothing for women your severely mistaken.

What has Ivanka been working on with the full support of her father? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So we're down to he's in trouble because he included himself in a deal brokered with the State? I have no idea if that's controversial, doesn't seem to be on the face of it. You can represent yourself in court, so I imagine you should be able to do so in other dealings with the State?

Happy to be pointed at the law that that break though.

* he brokered a deal (not unusual)
    * which included a provision that all associates of Epstein were immune from prosecution (very unusual)
    * And he was one such associate (extremely unusual)

How's that for you?

Bad case of derangement syndrome right there, your only reading the news from one angle. If you think the current administration have done nothing for women your severely mistaken.

What has Ivanka been working on with the full support of her father? :rolleyes:

Hang on - you can't just dismiss my post by using that ridiculous saying "derangement syndrome".

Debate the points. What part of my post was wrong? Where is the derangement?

* which included a provision that all associates of Epstein were immune from prosecution (very unusual)

How's that for you?

I'm still left wondering where's the big trouble coming for him in all this, that was the initial assertion.

A magazine article, doing his job as a lawyer and representing himself. This is all... well you guys are the ones claiming he's in for it, I'm just asking where and why?

How's that for you?

not only was he one of the associates the lawyers he was negotiating with didnt know he was one of the associates. dershowitz needs to be disbarred for that alone. not that he will have much use of a law licence when they finally lock him up.

What part of my post was wrong?

It's worse than I thought, you can't even see the nonsense you posted.
    "Other people called him a predator" Other people aren't the president. You may not respect the man but when a president calls you a predator and says you have questions to answer it's a serious allegation.

"I wish her well" you see that as support for Maxwell, you've literally lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

I'm still left wondering where's the big trouble coming for him in all this, that was the initial assertion.

A magazine article, doing his job as a lawyer and representing himself. This is all... well you guys are the ones claiming he's in for it, I'm just asking where and why?

You haven't read the released court document's this morning ..have you?

elli21 wrote: »
    You haven't read the released court document's this morning ..have you?

No, can't say I'm going to either. Are they arresting him for the magazine articles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Just in

521623.jpg

No, can't say I'm going to either. Are they arresting him for the magazine articles?

no, but they will arrest him for having sex with a minor.

EeOW4GyXsAAnNPh?format=png&name=small

You asked the where the why?

Where:Private planes,in New York,New Mexico and US Virgin Islands.

Why:Jane Doe#3.

These are all just allegations so far..hence posted that it looks like he is in trouble.

Calm down dear with your electric chairs and arrested for writing articles

• Advertisement

Came here to post that one about Bill Clinton.. Him, Epstein, Maxwell, and two young girls. On the island. Mad stuff.

Came here to post that one about Bill Clinton.. Him, Epstein, Maxwell, and two young girls. On the island. Mad stuff.

except none of the girls involved have said they had sex with him.

Did anyone else see the picture of a pretty famous Irish celebrity friend of the Clinton' on what looks like an Island with a girl in his lap, it was posted on I think the drudge report or something. Is that picture out of context?

That's the most worrying thing, you remember that old joke about the worst thing about riding a 12yr old?

That's the most worrying thing, you remember that old joke about the worst thing about riding a 12yr old?

why is that worrying? it certainly isn't worrying for clinton.

why is that worrying? it certainly isn't worrying for clinton.

Yea that's what I'm saying. Can't get in trouble if no victim.

Yip no allegations against Clinton although I would find it difficult to beleive that he was unaware of Epsteins and Maxwells carry on.

Trump was on the island also and no allegations against him,but I do recall the footage of Trump stating that Epstein was like him and liked young women..then added that Epstein liked them younger than him..Fairly sure he knew what was going on

why is that worrying?

What happens to sex trafficked women especially ones who may cause you a headache down the road.

What happens to sex trafficked women especially ones who may cause you a headache down the road.

that is just the clinton derangement syndrome talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I find it odd that Maxwell was just able to pick girls up from Mar a Lago and take them with her. Is it normal over there to go into an establishment and just take their staff with you? If you were in a pub or sports club or a hotel or somewhere like that, I don't think you can just take their staff away for a few days. Surely the boss would be annoyed about his staff just upping and leaving like that. I know that if I was running a pub and my staff were going off with customers, I'd have them sacked.

Advertisement