Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Her (Virginia Giuffre) deposition is a devastating read - I just finished it. She suffered a life of abuse from when she was a young girl. She comes across as extremely sincere.

On many topics, she gives information which could easily be corroborated through documentation if journalists/lawyers/prosecutors were really bothered at that time.

FBI clearly failed her. She talks about how certain agents tried to reopen the case but were shot down from above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Not sure if this has been posted here before:

Virginia had a difficult childhood. She first met Maxwell at Mar el Lago in 2000. Her dad worked there as a maintenance manager and got her a Summer job. She was only working there for 2-3 weeks when she was sex-trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell.

She was working as a locker room attendant and wanted to become a Masseuse. One day, she was reading a book on Massage Therapy outside when she was approached Maxwell. They had a conversation which led to a job offer and training to become a "Masseuse" for Epstein.

She was 17 years old. She had already been sexually abused in her life (before age 11 also), run away from home many times, attended many different schools, had been shipped away from family in Florida to California, been dumped at some type of Foster care home, amongst other things...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted here before:

Virginia had a difficult childhood. She first met Maxwell at Mar el Lago in 2000. Her dad worked there as a maintenance manager and got her a Summer job. She was only working there for 2-3 weeks when she was sex-trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell.

She was working as a locker room attendant and wanted to become a Masseuse. One day, she was reading a book on Massage Therapy outside when she was approached Maxwell. They had a conversation which led to a job offer and training to become a "Masseuse" for Epstein.

She was 17 years old. She had already been sexually abused in her life (before age 11 also), run away from home many times, attended many different schools, had been shipped away from family in Florida to California, been dumped at some type of Foster care home, amongst other things...

Did you watch the Netflix documentary? A lot of the girls had troubled home lives and a history of abuse and running away. Most of them probably. Seems they had a kind of a radar for who was vulnerable, like lots of other abusers I guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Not to be one of those people, but why haven't the Irish MSM reported anything about the recent revelations re Bill Clinton, corroborating his relationship and past activities with Epstein? The only Irish article I could find was published by the Sun:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5730049/bill-clinton-jeffrey-epstein-young-girls/

Am I missing something here? Is it old news?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Nah It didn't implicate Donald Trump so.....

I'd imagine, there is a sizeable population of men and women in LA getting a little more and more uncomfortable until someone commits suicide anyway!

Do you see that tweet from Ricky Gervais last night..."oh ya, Hollywood, stop f##king kids"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

All the leftys tend to be wife beaters or sexual deviants or embezzelers. They start off promising social justice for all then start molesting your kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,753 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's how Epstein got so wealthy, surrounded himself with young models and then used those models to gain leverage over very powerful people.
    Maxwell was as bad, she was the one rimming those models pool side on his private island according to witnesses who worked there.
    She knows all his secrets, and I hope it comes out! Andrew for one needs to be unmasked if he's involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

It's how Epstein got so wealthy, surrounded himself with young models and then used those models to gain leverage over very powerful people.
    Maxwell was as bad, she was the one rimming those models pool side on his private island according to witnesses who worked there.
    She knows all his secrets, and I hope it comes out! Andrew for one needs to be unmasked if he's involved.

suspect MAxwell will cop a deal with a short sentence in return for silence or accidently die in prison.

Id say Andrew will be used as the patsy the people demand but alot of lads in the herd will go unchecked.

They wont even have their names mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The irfu sacked paddy Jackson after being found not guilty two days before Clinton and Mitchell received freedom of Belfast honour. Both now embroiled in Epstein scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He was a pure rig in his younger years so he might be starting to sweat a bit now if it all comes out in the wash.

Doubt he will ever see the inside of a courtroom though, oul Lizzie would never allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The media is very selective about what they report, Trump was rightly called out about his association with Epstein but Clinton seems to get a free pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    why haven't the Irish MSM reported anything about the recent revelations re Bill Clinton

Because it's US news, not Irish news, and anyone with half-a-brain knows that there's not a lot of difference between the Democrats and Republicans. Corruption and degeneracy is an issue with people in powerful positions regardless of whose interests they work in.

The US culture war is increasingly poisoning the rest of the online Anglosphere too.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

joeguevara wrote: »
    The irfu sacked paddy Jackson after being found not guilty two days before Clinton and Mitchell received freedom of Belfast honour. Both now embroiled in Epstein scandal.

I am not an apologist for Clinton or Mitchell, but I'm not using it as an excuse to excuse the behaviour of Jackson that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Not to be one of those people, but why haven't the Irish MSM reported anything about the recent revelations re Bill Clinton, corroborating his relationship and past activities with Epstein? The only Irish article I could find was published by the Sun:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5730049/bill-clinton-jeffrey-epstein-young-girls/

Am I missing something here? Is it old news?

There's no story though. There's no suggestion from anyone that Clinton did anything wrong.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I am not an apologist for Clinton or Mitchell, but I'm not using it as an excuse to excuse the behaviour of Jackson that night.

The not guilty behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,753 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So even now, she is getting a deal from the powers that be, say nothing, don't land us in it, and you'll be out in 2 years. What a world, and the rookie attorneys and cops have to toe the line, or else they'll have to say goodbye to their careers ?

So even now, all these paedos are controlling the situation?

The not guilty behaviour?

OJ Simpson was found not guilty, but I am entitled to have a different opinion.

If my son behaved how Jackson did as stated that night with a drunk women, I would be ashamed.

So even now, she is getting a deal from the powers that be, say nothing, don't land us in it, and you'll be out in 2 years. What a world, and the rookie attorneys and cops have to toe the line, or else they'll have to say goodbye to their careers ?

So even now, all these paedos are controlling the situation?

Is there a deal? All I have seen is an unverified’pal’ claiming there will be a deal. Apologies if I missed it.

• Advertisement

Happy4all wrote: »
    OJ Simpson was found not guilty, but I am entitled to have a different opinion.

If my son behaved how Jackson did as stated that night with a drunk women, I would be ashamed.

Are you saying you reject the justice system and we would all be better served if you just read a newspaper summary of the case and decided if the person is guilty on a daily basis depending on whether the 6 o clock news played goody or baddy music when they walked out of court?

Do you think our education system could do with fixing aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is there a deal? All I have seen is an unverified’pal’ claiming there will be a deal. Apologies if I missed it.

there was some woman claiming to be a friend of maxwells that was selling stories. turned out she was a complete fantasist.

there was some woman claiming to be a friend of maxwells that was selling stories. turned out she was a complete fantasist.

Thought so. No sweetheart deal here without a full list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Are you saying you reject the justice system and we would all be better served if you just read a newspaper summary of the case and decided if the person is guilty on a daily basis depending on whether the 6 o clock news played goody or baddy music when they walked out of court?

Do you think our education system could do with fixing aswell?

Jesus you've actually managed to bring your teacher bashing fetish into a thread about Epstein ! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,091 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yesterday, an interview aired with DT, the reporter being jonathan swan.

In it, Trump triples down on wishing Gislane Maxwell well, but also says (twice) that Epstein was perhaps murdered.

That's the current POTUS suggesting that on his own AG's watch, a prolific paedophile was murdered.

Not even a headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Former Formula 1 driver Eddie Irvine has said he saw Virginia at Epsteins parties in New York and Miami
    EDDIE Irvine has spoken for the first time about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, declaring: "If the charges are true, it ain't good."

The former Formula 1 driver admitted he partied with the paedophile financier and his alleged fixer in New York and Miami.

Speaking exclusively to Sunday Life, he also told how he saw the pair surrounded by models and beautiful girls, including Virginia Giuffre, who claims the pair forced her to have sex with Prince Andrew.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/formula-1-legend-eddie-irvine-partied-with-jeffrey-epstein-and-ghislaine-maxwell-in-new-york-and-miami-39396969.html

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭batman75

I have a feeling that Ghislaine Maxwell may well be afforded immunity from prosecution under the agreement reached with Jeffrey Epstein by prosecutors years ago. If she is guilty of what she is accused of she is hideous and so was Epstein.

Once Prince Andrew became aware that Epstein had been prospected for sex trafficking and or sex with a minor he should have cut all ties and communication with Epstein. His interview is chilling for his lack of empathy for the girls Epstein violated. It serves him right that his chronic lack of judgment haunted him again when he agreed to do the interview with the BBC. His lack of self awareness borders on the comical. He apparently thought it went well. Instead he flushed his reputation (whatever it amounted to) right down the toilet. How must his daughters have felt watching their dad defend his friendship with a serial sexual abuser.

If Maxwell is not afforded immunity then I expect Prince Andrew won't be the last famous casualty of this whole sick situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Muahahaha wrote: »

Weird, the formula 1 guy was probably seeing models falling over each other every other day of the week, every part of the world he went, and then more models at Epstein's house + 'party girls' ... But yet he recalls seeing this particular one from years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Because it's US news, not Irish news, and anyone with half-a-brain knows that there's not a lot of difference between the Democrats and Republicans. Corruption and degeneracy is an issue with people in powerful positions regardless of whose interests they work in.

The US culture war is increasingly poisoning the rest of the online Anglosphere too.

The war was started and perpetuated by the wokes. It started with Gamergate(which was a reaction to an industry that called it's customers sexist)

So in fact it had its origins online in the first place. Then it moved to the US the same way it moved into gamer magazines, through humanities courses(Grievance studies). Colleges and universities started spewing out activists that became the journalists.

I wish I was as naive as you to think we are immune in places other than online.

Everyone seems genuinely on the side of the conspiracies, if you're a dem Trump is involved, if you're a republican Clinton is involved; it's mad to think how mainstream conspiracy theories are these days.

This story has much more of a bearing on the US elections than the culture war, neither side seemingly happy to piss off Ghislaine, as she could easily implicate whoever she likes. Whoever wins can then pardon her for her good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Treppen wrote: »
    Weird, the formula 1 guy was probably seeing models falling over each other every other day of the week, every part of the world he went, and then more models at Epstein's house + 'party girls' ... But yet he recalls seeing this particular one from years ago.

Yeh, there's something highly suspicious about that titbit of info.

I'd buy it if Virginia Giuffre was a stunner that you wouldn't forget. But she isn't, and I find it very difficult to believe that she'd bury her memory into anyone's brain at a party.

Advertisement