Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

that is just the clinton derangement syndrome talking.

Is it? What would you do in his boots if that's what you were into. There's a Human Trafficking side to this investigation. It doesn't work out well for some girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I find it odd that Maxwell was just able to pick girls up from Mar a Lago and take them with her. Is it normal over there to go into an establishment and just take their staff with you? If you were in a pub or sports club or a hotel or somewhere like that, I don't think you can just take their staff away for a few days. Surely the boss would be annoyed about his staff just upping and leaving like that. I know that if I was running a pub and my staff were going off with customers, I'd have them sacked.

you know who owns mar a lago, right?

You know who's been barred for years...they may have run in similar social circles but he's doesn't like Epstein.

You know who's been barred for years...they may have run in similar social circles but he's doesn't like Epstein.

Giuffre was recruited from mar a lago in 1999. she was 15. trump called epstein a "terrific guy" in 2002. he didnt bar him from mar a lago until 2004. their falling out was over a property dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Why do Trump boot licks shill so, so, hard for someone who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire?

Remarkable stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That can be left out of it for now.

What I'm more interested in is the role played by that fine respectable establishment in all this human trafficking lark. By the sounds of it, these girls were just working away, minding their own business when Maxwell would just go "You're coming with me" and off they go getting blowjob training on an island and being forced to have sex with old people.

I don't understand how that was a normal sort of thing to be going on in mar a lago. If I were the owner I'd be really annoyed about having to find cover every time they went skiving off work without my approval.

It would be a different story if it was arranged in advance or something like that.

What I'm more interested in is the role played by that fine respectable establishment in all this human trafficking lark. By the sounds of it, these girls were just working away, minding their own business when Maxwell would just go "You're coming with me" and off they go getting blowjob training on an island and being forced to have sex with old people.

I don't understand how that was a normal sort of thing to be going on in mar a lago. If I were the owner I'd be really annoyed about having to find cover every time they went skiving off work without my approval.

It would be a different story if it was arranged in advance or something like that.

you can't leave it out. either the manager just let that go on, which would be very odd as you say, or they were told to turn a blind to whatever maxwell and epstein did. who do you think had the power to tell them to do that?

Giuffre was recruited from mar a lago in 1999. she was 15. trump called epstein a "terrific guy" in 2002. he didnt bar him from mar a lago until 2004. their falling out was over a property dispute.

He calls everyone terrific. Remember Rocketman, terrific guy.
    He was barred for taking a members daughter back to his place and tried to force her to do things she was uncomfortable with. It wasn't a property dispute, not sure where you pulled that fake news from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

you can't leave it out. either the manager just let that go on, which would be very odd as you say, or they were told to turn a blind to whatever maxwell and epstein did. who do you think had the power to tell them to do that?

Whoever happened to be in charge down there at the time, I suppose.

I just think that it's easier to discuss the role of the establishment if the owner's name if left out of it.

He calls everyone terrific. Remember Rocketman, terrific guy.
    they were friends for years. dont try to pretend they weren't.
    He was barred for taking a members daughter back to his place and tried to force her to do things she was uncomfortable with. It wasn't a property dispute, not sure where you pulled that fake news from.

i got it from the New York Times. FAKE NEWS! I suppose?

• Advertisement

i got it from the New York Times. FAKE NEWS! I suppose?

For sure. Just look at the top ten headlines today, all having a go just like the Irish Times on a daily basis, lobsided reporting. Bari Weiss resigned a few weeks ago over the culture there.

For sure. Just look at the top ten headlines today, all having a go just like the Irish Times on a daily basis, lobsided reporting. Bari Weiss resigned a few weeks ago over the culture there.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I'm watching the Epstein documentary these days. I really hope Stupid Name Maxwell gets put away for a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

I'm watching the Epstein documentary these days. I really hope Stupid Name Maxwell gets put away for a long, long time.

Netflix one is dire, very little mention of money, universities or politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Would you settle (not in a million years will it happen) for her to get a relatively short sentence and the actual purveyors to see justice?

Treppen wrote: »
    Netflix one is dire, very little mention of money, universities or politics.

Yeah, it's not great. Very light on details.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Would you settle (not in a million years will it happen) for her to get a relatively short sentence and the actual purveyors to see justice?

she was taking part in the abuse as well. she wasnt just procuring. though i am sure i will regret using the word 'just' when somebody later throws it back in my face.

joeguevara wrote: »

She was very much involved herself, including being involved in some of the sex acts with minors.

I think she should give up names to shorten her sentence to something that will still see her live out most of her remaining life in prison.

She was very much involved herself, including being involved in some of the sex acts with minors.

I think she should give up names to shorten her sentence to something that will still see her live out most of her remaining life in prison.

I agree. I did read however that a lot of victims were requesting sweet heart deal for her in order for her to assist prosecution in putting away people that would never be touched. Interesting aspect to this.

They don't need to offer her any deal, they've loads of video footage, Epstein was a home movie fan, had everything labeled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

They don't need to offer her any deal, they've loads of video footage, Epstein was a home movie fan, had everything labeled.

Footage of What?

If there is footage, then there would be a roundup and large scale prosecution. Unless there is 100% evidence chain of time stamping, video footage will not be enough. Maxwell is the key for identification of victims, giving background on ages and whether payment etc. She is needed if this is going to get the men involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Wow.
    Mad to see people taking political sides in a child sex abuse case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ben Done wrote: »
    Wow.
    Mad to see people taking political sides in a child sex abuse case.

I hope every single person from either side gets locked up for what they did.

Listening to the Giuffre documentary, she said they told her she was to be given training as a professional masseuse and then given a well paid job. She saw it as a career opportunity way better than her minimum wage + tips dead end job. It wasn't a "come here for 1 day" type of arrangement. Of course they left out some important details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

This kind of thing always make me wonder the following:

Is it that the sort of people who are driven to be extremely rich and powerful are sick ****s (psychopaths, narcissists, etc.), or is this sort of thing in many humans (deep down) and is it just the rich and powerful who have the means to do it and get away with it?

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    This kind of thing always make me wonder the following:

Is it that the sort of people who are driven to be extremely rich and powerful are sick ****s (psychopaths, narcissists, etc.), or is this sort of thing in many humans (deep down) and is it just the rich and powerful who have the means to do it and get away with it?

There are many other alternatives. Firstly every rich and powerful person doesn't partake. Secondly there are paedophiles who are dirt poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I dunno man, is he floundering to distance himself? Trump has a bit of an ego and is the kind of guy they would like to cage. I wonder how many politicians are captured in various ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sorry if this has been posted already but the court ordered documents have been released. Read them now to your hearts content:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/secret-jeffrey-epstein-documents-have-been-released-by-court-order-read-them-all-here/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Overheal wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted already but the court ordered documents have been released. Read them now to your hearts content:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/secret-jeffrey-epstein-documents-have-been-released-by-court-order-read-them-all-here/
    ugghhh phrasing! Anything really juicy yet? I'm just on the Ghislaine girl on girl action part

Advertisement