Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

€1004 all in from AMD.

1020 for me! Card was 996, 24 quid delivery.

Did a load of 3d mark benchmarks with SAM turned off. Did them all with it on, all scores went down!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

.G. wrote: »
    Did a load of 3d mark benchmarks with SAM turned off. Did them all with it on, all scores went down!

Synthetic benchmarks are pointless. Not all workloads benefit from SAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dmigsy wrote: »
    Since I'm upgrading the PSU anyway I thought may as well bump up to 750W at least. Seems like there's a shortage of the higher Watt PSUs too. Couldn't see the one Seasonic one anywhere so reckon I'll just get this: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

seems expensive

what about something like this? lots of good reviews and significantly cheaper (Use code TEO for an extra 10 off)

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RM-Series%E2%84%A2-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020195-UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

seems expensive

what about something like this? lots of good reviews and significantly cheaper (Use code TEO for an extra 10 off)

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RM-Series%E2%84%A2-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020195-UK

Did a bit more reading on it and 650W is more than enough. Went for a Corsair RM650x which seems like a good upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

EoinHef wrote: »
    Think most people would except the 6800 XT is the rarest GPU of the lot atm.

Good bit easier to get a 6900 XT

If that's the case then I'll get the 6900XT.

So Thursday around 4:30PM GMT is the best time to check the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Keyzer wrote: »
    If that's the case then I'll get the 6900XT.

So Thursday around 4:30PM GMT is the best time to check the site?

6900 XTs dropped on the 4th,11th and 18th at just after 16.30 so yeah,that would be the time to look to buy from AMD direct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

There was a partdrop notification for a 6800XT on Amazon.de a little while ago. Had it in my basket, but it wouldn't deliver to Ireland or the UK.

I was going to try mailboxde.com for a German address but apparently my account is long gone. Very frustrating. Supplier was Amazon US

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Simi wrote: »
    There was a partdrop notification for a 6800XT on Amazon.de a little while ago. Had it in my basket, but it wouldn't deliver to Ireland or the UK.

I was going to try mailbox.de for a German address but apparently my account is long gone. Very frustrating. Supplier was Amazon US
    I have a DE address, managed to place the order, but was cancelled seconds later.
    Placed it again, same.

I contacted support and opened a ticket. I don't expect much.

Synthetic benchmarks are pointless. Not all workloads benefit from SAM.

True but everything I've read says you'll gain in some games and lose on others and nobody can specify its best to leave it off or on. Benchmarks aren't definitive but when it's detrimental in all of them it's likely to do more harm than good.

• Advertisement

dmigsy wrote: »
    Did a bit more reading on it and 650W is more than enough. Went for a Corsair RM650x which seems like a good upgrade.

I've watched mine closely. 225w on the gpu under its heaviest load. Everything else about 190w. And that with a 5900x and 32 gb ram.

Change the fan curve though, it's set to not go above 60% which leads to temps in the high 80s and hot spot temps in the high 90s.

6900 XT drop just now on amd.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was refreshing since 4.29 and never got one. Site crashed on me.

Immediately unavailable...

Edit - gone now... no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Let me add the 6900 to basket and go through payment but declined at the end, shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

5000 series cpus available though.

Yup.

They must literally be making 10 gpus a week,joke. Why did they even launch the 6000 series.

Its ridiculous.

I'm not starting my new build until I have a 6900XT in my hands. No point in ordering anything else until then.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a 6900 XT on it's launch day. They were in stock for a good while that day. It was the price really that put me off but now I want one even though it is still selling for the same price as on launch day.

Couldn't get one or a 6800XT. Made it all the way to the purchase button, but OOS.

Had to settle for a 5600x at (near) RRP.

• Advertisement

Couldn't get one or a 6800XT. Made it all the way to the purchase button, but OOS.

Had to settle for a 5600x at (near) RRP.

Im after a 6800 XT more than the 6900 XT. The 6800 XT said it could be added to cart but i got no alert for the 6800 XT so i doubt it was even in stock at all today.

Next week will be 3 weeks since AMD have gotten a 6800 XT onto their store

Im after a 6800 XT more than the 6900 XT.

Next week will be 3 weeks since AMD have gotten a 6800 XT onto their store

Same, but I figured I'd have a better chance going for the 6900 XT.

Forget stock alert bots, I'd say you'd need a bot to buy it for you to get a 6800 XT at the moment

Forget stock alert bots, I'd say you'd need a bot to buy it for you to get a 6800 XT at the moment

I'm still denied access to the AMD direct buy website. Just checked now. I'd say it is because I was refreshing the page constantly from 25 past to what ever time it was 20 to or quarter to.

Pain in the hooperino...

I'm still denied access to the AMD direct buy website. Just checked now. I'd say it is because I was refreshing the page constantly from 25 past to what ever time it was 20 to or quarter to.
    I was doing the same. Saw the "Add to cart" button, clicked and I got an instant message that there is no stock.

However, since they know how bad the situation is, they could have
    1. Person authentication, to block bots
    2. Queue list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

sign up for account and use google authenticator app when making a purchase is it really that hard for these sites to implement !

The reality is neither AMD or Nvidia or even many of the retailers out there give a sh!t who buys the stuff as long as its sold so they won't make that more difficult. Of course they would love to have more stuff out there so they can sell it too but I doubt they're arsed whose buying what little they do have.

Things will be harder direct from AMD now cos everyone knows the drops happen at 4.30 on a Thursday.

fergus1001 wrote: »
    sign up for account and use google authenticator app when making a purchase is it really that hard for these sites to implement !

Imagine doing that eh? That'd be mad wouldn't it...

.G. wrote: »
    The reality is neither AMD or Nvidia or even many of the retailers out there give a sh!t who buys the stuff as long as its sold so they won't make that more difficult.
    AMD cares a bit more for gamers, as they tried to lower performance for mining. But they cannot do much, as mining uses pretty much the same calculations as games, and therefore degrading one, would impact the other too. More details here.

Nvidia on the other hand, never cared about its customers, that is why it is always my second choice.

• Advertisement

Wizard! wrote: »
    AMD cares a bit more for gamers, as they tried to lower performance for mining. But they cannot do much, as mining uses pretty much the same calculations as games, and therefore degrading one, would impact the other too. More details here.

Nvidia on the other hand, never cared about its customers, that is why it is always my second choice.

Nvida gimp performance only when mining algorithms are detected,im sure AMD could do the same. Personally im not sure its a good idea to do that.

AMD have done a big fat zero when it come to trying to get these cards to gamers.

Nvidia moved there FE sales to a retailer that somewhat protects against bots.

Advertisement