Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

.G. wrote: »
    Would that be a good card for high refresh 1440p?

Well that's what they mentioned it was for numerous times through out the show.

Up to 165Hz refresh so should be good at 120-144Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

2424Mhz is a nice high clock. Wonder if it will run as hot as the 5700XT.

2424Mhz is a nice high clock. Wonder if it will run as hot as the 5700XT.

I didn't find my 5700 XT to run hot. But I came from Vega 56, Fury X and R9 290.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The 5700xt doesn't run that hot. It's just the first to show that junction sensor so everyone freaked when they saw 80+c on that when the other sensor was reporting 15-20c lower. Have an undervolt on my 5700 so it's only peaks around 150w.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So who's ready for some more disappointment ~4.30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

EoinHef wrote: »

Me for sure...

Will try anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh what's happening at 4.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eh what's happening at 4.30?
    EoinHef wrote: »
    You see what you did there? Now we have to tell him! :P

Wizard! wrote: »

Tell him at 4:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Got nowhere with refreshing last time so I think I'll via the partalert discord link, make a bee line for the 6900XT and hope for the best.

6800XT's are like fabled creatures at this stage. Even if they appear to be in stock, I'm not sure they actually are.

• Advertisement

Simi wrote: »
    Got nowhere with refreshing last time so I think I'll via the partalert discord link, make a bee line for the 6900XT and hope for the best.

6800XT's are like fabled creatures at this stage. Even if they appear to be in stock, I'm not sure they actually are.

Hen's teeth the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

They dropped. Anyone get one?

Nice one got a 6900 XT. Wasn't so lucky last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Keyzer wrote: »
    Hen's teeth the lot

I saw the 6800xt there on refresh and was out of stock before I could clock on at to cart.
    Was it ever really available?

Son of a bitch

Got to entering card details, had it auto populate with Dashlane so should have been only a second

Wouldnt accept card details

Well done...

Son of a bitch

Got to entering card details, had it auto populate with Dashlane so should have been only a second

I checked out with Paypal when I got mine a few weeks ago. Probably the fastest way to do it. No form filling at all.

dmigsy wrote: »
    I checked out with Paypal when I got mine a few weeks ago. Probably the fastest way to do it. No form filling at all.

Got so close this time. Actually got the payment through and the bastards declined the payment

Son of a bitch

I had prelogged into my paypal account so when I was on AMD site all I had to do is click buy on PayPal and all details were already populated.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

They dropped. Anyone get one?
    Ordered confirmed here :D
    Me too!
    SickBoy wrote: »
    I saw the 6800xt there on refresh and was out of stock before I could clock on at to cart.
    Was it ever really available?
    I saw the 6800XT, tried to add it to cart, but immediately got the "not available / empty cart" error. Then I clicked on 6900XT and voila!
    Son of a bitch

I had my Paypal open in another tab, already logged in and 2 factor authenticated...

^^^^^
    That!

It maybe not the best VFM, but a 6900XT is better than nothing... :o

• Advertisement

I had my Paypal open in another tab, already logged in and 2 factor authenticated...

I done the same.

I done the same.

Cheers I'll remember that for next time and top my revolut up with a grand just in case bank of Ireland were the ones responsible for the declining.

Nice one lads. I was after a 3080 and I'm still half keeping an eye out for one but the 6900xt is a great card, can't believe how cool and quiet it is. Mine arrived on the Friday the week after I ordered on a Thurs afternoon.

Cheers I'll remember that for next time and top my revolut up with a grand just in case bank of Ireland were the ones responsible for the declining.

You will need at least 1050. With shipping. Mine came to 1044.95

Thanks for the advice on Paypal, I'll do that next week...

Seems to drop 4:35-4:36 is what I found out from last week and today. Don't quote me on that though. Last week I was refreshing the page every second from about 4:25 onwards which didn't do me any favours as it never showed it in stock for me. Today I waited to 4:35 and it just showed stock and I was straight on it. I even done the PayPal trick last week to be ready but the constant refreshing didn't help me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

BoI is flipping shockingly bad for this kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Usually just after 4.30 alright.

No joy for me on the 6800XT,congrats to those who got cards though:)

Captcha wrote: »
    BoI is flipping shockingly bad for this kind of thing

I seem to remember them blocking the last graphics card I tried to buy actually. But this was going through my Curve card so It should have worked.

Ah well there's always next Thursday.

Interesting that the 6800XT isn't triggering the PartAlert bots, even though it's showing as in stock at the drop time. It really must be non-existent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was one parts alert post but all I got from it was add to cart which turned to out of stock when I clicked on it.

Advertisement