Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I'm pretty sure addresspal will charge Irish VAT on top of the price you pay so you will pay VAT twice.

Thought OCUK were VAT registered here so that'd stop me getting charged twice.
    Edit: Nvm get watcha mean. OCUK would charge UK VAT to NI so I'd be paying Irish again then. So relatives are the only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Could I get it shipped to cousins so and then brought down over the border or use addresspal/parcelmotel

Most of my new build (including my 6800XT) are currently sitting in the in laws place in Tyrone. One of the few times I would be mad to visit them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Thought OCUK were VAT registered here so that'd stop me getting charged twice

I don't think they are actually doing delivery to the republic at the moment. At least they weren't last week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

They are Vat registered. It seems like that with the recent delivery problems and customs issues, they are just not bothering with dealing with Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

[url="https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-xbox-series-x-and-pc-part-shortages-wont-end-soon-says-amd/1100-6486800/]PS5, Xbox Series X, And PC Part Shortages Won't End Soon, Says AMD[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't realize there were still shortages on consoles. I got my series X a few days after launch.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Looks like AMD will be launching a 6700XT soon.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_radeon_rx_6700_xt_teased_with_12gb_of_memory_and_a_q1_launch_date/1

Another card I can't wait not to be able to buy! :pac:

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a 6900 XT from AMD on launch day. I remember reading on here they were still in stock on AMD's website. The main reason was it is a dear card but doesn't look that dear when you try to find 6800 XT for the same price as 6900 XT from a retailer. Mad prices for a 6800 XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a 6900 XT from AMD on launch day. I remember reading on here they were still in stock on AMD's website. The main reason was it is a dear card but doesn't look that dear when you try to find 6800 XT for the same price as 6900 XT from a retailer. Mad prices for a 6800 XT.

I picked up a 6900Xt direct from AMD a few weeks back, I wanted the 6800XT because the difference in performance doesn't justify the difference in price.

That said, delighted with the card, especially when I see what 3080's and 6800xts are selling for. Was half tempted to flog this at profit but then I'd have many money and no card, and that would be no craic.

Whisper quit, even under load, doesn't get very warm and fans turn off at 50c. If i manually ramp it up to 100% fan speed is gets kinda loud in my case, but i've never heard it over case fans in use yet.

My only dilema now, so do I want to sell my 5600x and get a 5900x and be a total AMD fanboy wanker?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My only dilema now, so do I want to sell my 5600x and get a 5900x and be a total AMD fanboy wanker?

Only if you're playing at 1080p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didn't realize there were still shortages on consoles. I got my series X a few days after launch.

Japan still going mental

https://twitter.com/AJapaneseDream/status/1355334055521206275?s=20

https://kotaku.com/complete-chaos-in-tokyo-retailer-over-ps5-sales-1846164340

Weird we never see that happen over Xbox consoles in Japan! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just missed a drop of 6800 XTs and 6900 XTs on AMD.com,been on the PC all day with alert app open while working and it happens in the 25min that I go for a shower:(

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just missed a drop of 6800 XTs and 6900 XTs on AMD.com,been on the PC all day with alert app open while working and it happens in the 25min that I go for a shower:(

Damn I should really install an alert app. I'm looking for a GPU.

Clicked instantly and was already sold out by the time I got to chrome.

Clicked instantly and was already sold out by the time I got to chrome.

It's madness there is people buying them to sell for a profit and then miners. And of course everyday people who just want a card.

I may just go without one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

At what price?

Wizard! wrote: »
    At what price?

At the most reasonable price you can get any where. In other words what they are suppose to be sold for.

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/ie

Wizard! wrote: »
    At what price?
    msrp

I wouldnt be buying one unless it was close to MSRP,im prepared to wait. I have a 3080 for now so not desperate to get one.

Gonna sell the 3080 when I do manage to get a 6800 XT,today was disappointing because the drops on AMD.com don't happen very often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I wouldnt be buying one unless it was close to MSRP,im prepared to wait. I have a 3080 for now so not desperate to get one.

Gonna sell the 3080 when I do manage to get a 6800 XT,today was disappointing because the drops on AMD.com don't happen very often

If I get one I'll swap ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Davauer

AMD RX 6700 XT spotted online, suggesting 12GB GPU could be released soon
    The Gigabyte models shown include Aorus, Gaming (plus Gaming OC – meaning overclocked) and Eagle (plus Eagle OC) variants of the RX 6700 XT, and all are marked ‘12G’ to indicate that they will be loaded with 12GB of video memory.the RX 6700 XT is rumored to have 40 compute units and 2,560 stream processors,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Sadly i'm finding that the rx 6800 keeps causing power spikes which my PSU just can't handle. I've got a 650W PSU which is the recommended power unit from AMD, but it's just not enough, so i'm moving up to 850W to ensure the spikes don't keep tripping and rebooting the system, which is a real pain tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sadly i'm finding that the rx 6800 keeps causing power spikes which my PSU just can't handle. I've got a 650W PSU which is the recommended power unit from AMD, but it's just not enough, so i'm moving up to 850W to ensure the spikes don't keep tripping and rebooting the system, which is a real pain tbh.

Interesting. I was just watching a thread over on OcUK where they were talking about spikes with both the high end Nvidia and AMD cards. Spikes with the 3090 and 6900XT were particularly high. They referenced a Linus video in the thread, but I've yet to watch it.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Interesting. I was just watching a thread over on OcUK where they were talking about spikes with both the high end Nvidia and AMD cards. Spikes with the 3090 and 6900XT were particularly high. They referenced a Linus video in the thread, but I've yet to watch it.

what's really annoying is that they're not due to load. they always seem to happen at the same spot, for the same games and or web pages, but it's impossible to understand why and what triggers them.

How big are the spikes?

I've yet to see a 3080 going over 320W's

How big are the spikes?

I've yet to see a 3080 going over 320W's

i've downloaded HWinfo and will try and get some readings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

i've downloaded HWinfo and will try and get some readings

Take a look at your powersupplys layout. Is it single 12v rail, or split. What exactly is the power delivery going to the card?

Some sites are reporting that AMD's competitor to DLSS might be made available next month.
    https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-technology-may-launch-this-spring

• Advertisement

Take a look at your powersupplys layout. Is it single 12v rail, or split. What exactly is the power delivery going to the card?

it's single 12V. GPU socket and/or PPT power is showing 173W.

Advertisement