Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As soon as the Out of Stock went to BUY DIRECT for me....BAM, no access **** show on AMD website.

Also tried Scan, Ebuyer and CConline....

nVidia's launch was bad AMD is just utter pure disgusting.

Anyway, after looking at HWUB and Jay2cents the 6900xt is getting scathing reviews that just aint worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Using a different browser would get you around access denied ive found.

Some 6800 XTs came into stock so was trying for those

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I get to the review page and it just keeps looping back to the shipping page.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Fair enough for before, however I think this one is reliable enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ITdex_JrBM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How much was the 6900 XT advertised for anyway in euros if anybody seen?

• Advertisement

How much was the 6900 XT advertised for anyway in euros if anybody seen?

€980-996 on AMD's store depending on your countries VAT/Sales tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

you really need to have your head checked if you bought a 6900xt..its the EXACT same card as the 6800xt with a few extra cores which give it at best 9%improvement overall for double the price of the 6800xt...fools and their money and all that

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    you really need to have your head checked if you bought a 6900xt..its the EXACT same card as the 6800xt with a few extra cores which give it at best 9%improvement overall for double the price of the 6800xt...fools and their money and all that

Maybe if you could pick up a 6800 XT at RRP. I have my series X to play games on at the moment but I honestly think graphics cards are going into sky high prices.

One time a high end Nvidia card well a **80 series card was around €4-500 and AMD even cheaper. Now a same level card is €8-900.

*by the way they are guess numbers didn't look them up but they are close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RTX 3080 is supposed to be €700 retail, not 800-900.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RTX 3080 is supposed to be €700 retail, not 800-900.

Supposed and as I said they were guess numbers. I'm also a bit pissed the 6800 XT isn't available for cheaper then it is.

• Advertisement

Either the 3080 or 6800 XT are good at the price of founders or reference respectively.

I'm leaing toward a 6800 XT,I almost had one today,because of the extra memory. Either is a big upgrade from a 1080.

I think choices are try get a founders/reference GPU for a decent price or wait for stock to stabilise and hopefully pricing with it. Obviously some people just don't care and are happy enough to get a card at a premium too,there business imo,there money even if it seems crazy

Thats not justifying scalping,just some people have the cash and don't care.

Its crazy retailers can push prices so high with these cards yet when looking at console Sony and MS control the pricing so tightly,I wish Nvidia and AMD cared enough to do the same

A person I know who's had a 6900XT for a week or so just told me he is getting signifigantly higher frequencies on that card than he has on the several 6800XT's he has tested.
    Reckons that with powertable mods (or just a bios that doesn't limit power limits as much) it is without doubt going to be a OC beast and untouchable by any consumer card ever released in terms of frequency numbers and rasterization FPS output.

He also said it's a card 99.999999999*% of people shouldn't ever buy, and that if you're going for AMD the 6800 (non XT) is the price to performance sweet spot for a high end GPU.

He also said he's of the opinion that the 3080 is a better value than any of the AMD cards at 1440p and especially 4k, especially if you use DLSS and ray tracing as even though the AMD cards have more VRAM he thinks the memory bandwidth deficite is a bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Anyway, after looking at HWUB and Jay2cents the 6900xt is getting scathing reviews that just aint worth it.

looked to me that the card didnt have their final drivers as J2C said the cards were limited to 250 watt power draw

the powercolor 6900xt apparently is able to beat the 3090 comprehensively allegedly

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amd-confirms-reference-big-navi-graphics-cards-will-no-longer-be-made-from-early-2021/

You will need to get a reference card by early 2021 if you want one at all. If the AiB cards stay at high prices then the msrp AMD announced for the 6800 series is just marketing BS,well bar the 20 cards they seemed to have in stock for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Rezident

Homelander wrote: »
    The latest on my missing RX6800.....delivered to a random business nearby that's nothing whatsoever to do with me or my workplace. Went over to it and they hadn't a clue but they had less them glowing things to say about Fastway themselves.

Only found this out through AMD support, it's still marked as delivered to me and signed for by me on the official tracking number.

I can't put into words how criminally incompetent Fastway are as a delivery service. How they are even in business just boggles the mind.

That is actually shocking of Fastway. Amazon seem to be abandoning my deliveries now on the doorstep and just hoping they don't get stolen.

My 6800 finally shipped and is due to arrive tomorrow so I will have to stay home and watch for deliveries all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

EoinHef wrote: »
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amd-confirms-reference-big-navi-graphics-cards-will-no-longer-be-made-from-early-2021/

You will need to get a reference card by early 2021 if you want one at all. If the AiB cards stay at high prices then the msrp AMD announced for the 6800 series is just marketing BS,well bar the 20 cards they seemed to have in stock for sale

https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1336684121830137858

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

I really want to see these cards on a waterblock.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Sweet. Thats the right move givin how things have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 appagri

EoinHef wrote: »

6900 XT is still available at the time of this edit

What link you using?

• Advertisement

appagri wrote: »
    What link you using?

It was on AMD.com on day of launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'm getting 60 fps at 1080 (my monitor res) on cyberpunk on my 5700xt so I see no need to upgrade this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I'm getting 60 fps at 1080 (my monitor res) on cyberpunk on my 5700xt so I see no need to upgrade this time around

1080p medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

fergus1001 wrote: »

On 3440x1440 @5700xt on ultra 40fps. Havent checked the latest drivers yet.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

According to the benchmarks I've seen the 5700XT just about hitting 60FPS average at ultra settings at 1080p but there will be dips into the mid 40's.
    At 1440P Ultra you would probably want to cap it at 30FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Rezident

My 6800 finally arrived! Delivered the one day I had to be away on the far side of the country in Court, but it's safe now.

Let the games begin. Although I may leave Cyberpunk until it's finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If we take Navi as unobtanium for the minute then what would be a good bargain basement interim step from an R9 290? (I know, I know) Doesnt seem like it makes sense to splash for a 5700XT when it looks like it wont hit 1440p @ 60 which is my min requirement. Well, it wont in 2077 and SC if SC ever lands.

So 2nd hand ebay specials what would ye look for?

The 5700 XT is a good card. Beats a 1080Ti even in Cyberpunk as I watched a Gamers Nexus video yesterday.

I used to game at 4K with a 5700 XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

ED E wrote: »
    If we take Navi as unobtanium for the minute then what would be a good bargain basement interim step from an R9 290? (I know, I know) Doesnt seem like it makes sense to splash for a 5700XT when it looks like it wont hit 1440p @ 60 which is my min requirement. Well, it wont in 2077 and SC if SC ever lands.

So 2nd hand ebay specials what would ye look for?

Have you tried playing it on your current card?
    I'm running it on a vega 56, 50-60 fps at 1440p with settings adjusted to mostly medium (high in some places).

Undervolted and Overclocked the 56 is a handy card for most stuff. Should be cheap enough now? Maybe even get a vega 64?

• Advertisement

Vega is a good shout but a 5700 XT beats any Vega as I had a 56 a few years ago before I moved to a 5700 XT. But it's difficult to find a 5700 XT cheap at the minute. It will drop in price when AMD finally release a 6700 XT.

Advertisement