Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

Rikand wrote: »
    Reveal will start during or just after love island depending on how glued I am to it lol

And for those of us who don't want that in our Google search history, what time does Love Island finish at? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And for those of us who don't want that in our Google search history, what time does Love Island finish at?

10pm I believe. Baggly told me anyways :P

I'm heading out for a walk with the dogs, will be back after 10pm to hopefully hear some more new songs that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just having my dinner and then I'll start the reveal

(Late dinner cause I worked late :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Do you have these pre scripted or is it flow of consciousness posting Rikand?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Do you have these pre scripted or is it flow of consciousness posting Rikand?

It is a pre-scripted flow of consciousness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Just having my dinner and then I'll start the reveal

(Late dinner cause I worked late :( )

Late dinner here too. Does that move me up a few spots by any chance? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Songs with great intros

This is my favourite song intro of all time :)

Now, I wasnt expecting people to deliver intros of this length or of this variety or of this awesomeness. An intro can mean so many things :D The mean objective was to deliver good songs!

On the whole, I didnt enjoy this category as much as I enjoyed the Covers category but howandever, lets get on with the reveal for Category 2!

And while we're waiting for song 1, here's an extended version of that Great great intro :D

One more thing. I dont typically know who has submitted everything. I have all the songs grabbed from everyone, put into a word pad file, mixed around and then I listen to them. I get a little surprise too when it comes to reveal time and I discover who it is that submitted what when I go back through my list of PMs :D

She sells sanctuary was in my head for this one!!!

• Advertisement

I think I'm gonna be last for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think I'm gonna be last for this!

I'm fearing the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Pretzill wrote: »
    I'm fearing the same :)

I think we all are

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's cool folks, I'm here to take the fall for ye all ;)

15th Place :: Death Cab for Cutie - Brothers on a hotel bed

The thing about death cab for me is you kinda have to be in the right mood and frame of mind to enjoy them. Like, Follow you into the dark is probably their song I know best and I liked it, but it worked for me at a time when I was kinda in that frame of mind and I'm not in that frame of mind anymore so the song has lost that sheen. This death cab song is one of those songs where I feel I would have to be in the right frame of mind to really enjoy it. And after listening to it for 4-5 days, not once did I enter that frame of mind. The intro is a very nice tinkle of the piano keys. The song in general has a nice beat to it but I just never enjoyed the vocal at all. If this had been an instrumental, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more

15th place - 1 point to
    Deleted User

Woohoo not last this time! I'm chalking that down as a win folks :pac:

One of my favorite ever songs is a death cab for cutie song.

Actually Rikand mentioned it there, for some reason I havent listened to much of there stuff, so I must actually do that. (memo to self)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Can't listen in at the moment - looking forward to all these picks :)

14th Place :: Oasis - Stand by me

Like.... it was good..... it was okay....okay.....yeah, it was okay. Like the intro was nice, short bit of guitar, played well and Liam, well, he was Liam. I was like, maybe he won't be too insufferable but then he said the word "learn" and I was like, yeah typical Liam Gallagher. The chorus is pretty okay though. If the song was all chorus, like Champagne Supernova, maybe it might have been up a couple of places more, but, well, like, its okay....its not bad..... its decent.

It's not great either though.

14th Place - 2 points to
    You guessed it!
    Necro

I’ve never listened to that band before. Heard the name alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Pretzill wrote: »
    Can't listen in at the moment - looking forward to all these picks :)

Likewise, having to follow in silence which is frustrating. Will listen to them all tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I’ve never listened to that band before. Heard the name alright.

Oasis? :D

Didn't need to guess. I predict all Necros songs are by Oasis (or Blur)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Has Necro gone for Oasis for every round? :P

Awww, that's one of their best songs too and arguably their best intro...

Thankfully for Rikands sake (and my point scoring LOL) it's the last of Liam from me :pac:

osh wrote: »
    Oasis? :D

:D

He took that Oasis or Blur arguement to heart a while back :P

Has Necro gone for Oasis for every round?

Nah... almost did but it felt a bit one dimensional :pac:

osh wrote:
    Didn't need to guess. I predict all Necros songs are by Oasis (or Blur)

Sacrilege!!!

Top 3 Hype

Our remaining contestants
    Barney
    Mollyb
    partyjungle

Just found this thread now. Very exciting so far. I can't even remember which song I submitted :pac:

• Advertisement

Just found this thread now. Very exciting so far. I can't even remember which song I submitted :pac:

Harvest moon

Advertisement