Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

She had a lovely tone Eva.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Love that song, it's one of my many anthems that send me to the land of nod. Hadnt heard the cover though

I love that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ah man, I’m fecked already :(

Looked at the OP and said the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

10th Place :: Boy & Bear - Fall at your feet (Crowded House Cover Version)

At first listen, this song was actually quite high on my list. it was hovering around top 5 and i was really enjoying it. Especially the banjo picking introduction. The harmonies are quite nice. But on re-listens it started to lose its sheen for me and by the 3rd or 4th listen, i was cutting the song off before it finished as I felt like I had heard enough of it. i still like the intro. it does have a lovely start and i think anyone listening to it for a first time will really enjoy it!

10th Place - 6 points to
    Green&Red

• Advertisement

The next 3 songs I found very hard to separate. They're all songs i have heard a hundred million times, so I just went with what i liked that little bit more

Rikand wrote: »
    10th Place :: Boy & Bear - Fall at your feet (Crowded House Cover Version)

At first listen, this song was actually quite high on my list. it was hovering around top 5 and i was really enjoying it. Especially the banjo picking introduction. The harmonies are quite nice. But on re-listens it started to lose its sheen for me and by the 3rd or 4th listen, i was cutting the song off before it finished as I felt like I had heard enough of it. i still like the intro. it does have a lovely start and i think anyone listening to it for a first time will really enjoy it!

10th Place - 6 points to
    Green&Red

You were only meant to listen to it once!!

If you like the banjo there own stuff is more like that, a band I came across a few years ago and really like

9th Place :: Wicked Game - London Grammar (Chris Isaak Cover Version)

When the person who submitted this song saw that wicked game was one of my favourite cover versions of all time, they might have thought they were on the money. (well this was my initial thought, but I see them posting now and they dont think this, lol)
    There's no doubting the girl has a great voice and she sings this song really well, but its more or less the same song as the original, just with a different singer. It doesnt have that extra spice that I would be lookin for and I more less just felt that i was listening to the original, but with a deeper singing female vocalist

9th place - 7 points to
    Strawberry Milkshake

Loved the last two originals. Will check out these covers when I drag myself off the sofa :)

8th Place :: The man who sold the world - Nirvana (David Bowie Cover Version)

I love this cover version. Again, like above, its not massively different to the original. Similar style but Kurts voice really works for the song. I dont really have anything else to say about it. Cheers! :)

Spotify Link inc

https://open.spotify.com/track/1XnPVbzLhuBv0sHaCTgyoi

8th Place - 8 points to
    Ectoplasm

• Advertisement

Woohoo I made the boards top 10 chart!

Green&Red wrote: »
    You were only meant to listen to it once!!

If you like the banjo there own stuff is more like that, a band I came across a few years ago and really like

Yep, I'm definitely going to check out more of their stuff. Thank you for the recommendation :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah balls. That was my other pick, but I stuck with the stupid Walrus song.

Love that Nirvana track

Good call, ecto. I love this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Yeah I love it. Think it's one of the songs that really showed off Kurt Cobain's voice. Twas between that and Placebo but happy enough with where I landed :)

7th Place :: Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez (The Knife Cover Version)

This is such a great song. Really wonderfully stripped back version of The Knifes original electronic synth powerhouse. I had kinda forgotten all about it, so that's perhaps why it scored a little better than the previous two, so gg you ;)

7th Place - 9 points to
    Builebeag

Love that also Ecto

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Yeah I love it. Think it's one of the songs that really showed off Kurt Cobain's voice. Twas between that and Placebo but happy enough with where I landed :)

Ooh, which Placebo?

Top 6 - 5 of these tracks I loved right from the outset. The other worked its way up here with some serious grafting

It should be noted that I am not one of the great musical masterminds of the world. I'm never going to be a musical critic. You won't see me writing articles in NME or Hot Press or presenting segments on radio. I just like what I like :)

Bahahahahahaha!!!! :D

Great thread so far folks, a couple of nice covers I haven't heard before.

• Advertisement

Great thread so far folks, a couple of nice covers I haven't heard before.

You should do a Walrus Stu, I'd love to see your version ;)

Ooh, which Placebo?

Where is my mind, perhaps ?

if so, would have scored in a similar position most likely

Going to need a new word besides love now

That heartbeats song is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Where is my mind, perhaps ?

if so, would have scored in a similar position most likely

I was thinking Running Up That Hill. That entire bonus album is great, haven't listened to it for ages. That's tomorrow's drive sorted!

Ooh, which Placebo?

Running Up That Hill, their cover of Kate Bush.

Good pick, buile

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Running Up That Hill, their cover of Kate Bush.

Nice

Yeah, really enjoying the different songs. I sense a new playlist...Boards Beats perhaps :)

7th Place :: Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez (The Knife Cover Version)

This is such a great song. Really wonderfully stripped back version of The Knifes original electronic synth powerhouse. I had kinda forgotten all about it, so that's perhaps why it scored a little better than the previous two, so gg you ;)

7th Place - 9 points to
    Builebeag

Don't know the original but this is a great song, as are the two before it.

• Advertisement

6th Place :: Sepultura - The Hunt (New Model Army Cover Version)

This was in my top 3 songs for ages for this reveal and only started to lose its sheen towards the 4th listen because I found myself loving the original that little bit more. But this is a brilliant entry. A fantastic powerful cover version from a great band that I have liked for years, but I don't think I have ever actually heard this song. It also introduced me to New Model Army who are a great band and I've been listening to some of their stuff in the past couple of days as a result. I'm looking forward to checking out more stuff from them once this reveal is over. Thank you so much for submitting this!!!

6th Place - 10 points to
    Fixxxer

(I have it playing again here now and I'm just quietly head banging away to it. Still love it :D)

Advertisement