Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Mammy instead of looking for a job I am going out to protest with my friends.
    Will you come with me and stand in front.

Viva la revolution.
    Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know it was anti-fa, anti-fa isn't a group, Andy Ngo.

You can often tell someone is antifa, or antifa-wannabe/hangaround, because they wear clothing saying "antifa" or "antifascist" on them.

Like Greta Thunberg and her parents

EE6g6-Vw-XYAI7y3-B.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

biko wrote: »
    You can often tell antifa because they wear clothing saying "antifa" or "antifaschist" on them.

EE6g6-Vw-XYAI7y3-B.png

so every anti-fascist is now antifa? do you not oppose fascism? i would have thougth most reasonable people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Mammy instead of looking for a job I am going out to protest with my friends.
    Will you come with me and stand in front.

Viva la revolution.
    Pathetic

Quoted your own post with a reply and deleted it again. Did you forget to change accounts?

BloodBath wrote: »
    Quoted your own post with a reply and deleted it again. Did you forget to change accounts?

wait, what?

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »

No meant to edit not reply.

Water cannon, flash bang, sound cannon them off the streets.

Identify and incarcerate crusty leaders
    Cut all welfare to rioters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Portland seems to be some sort of epicentre for Antifa.
    "Rose City Antifa" is the oldest Antifa group in the US.

They got known for beating up a Bernie Sanders supporter who was carrying a US flag.
    https://www.newsweek.com/antifa-violence-portland-bernie-sanders-video-1082072

image.jpg

Scum

so every anti-fascist is now antifa? do you not oppose fascism? i would have thougth most reasonable people do.

Josef Fritzl vibe about that man

You don't have to be a violent thug to oppose something. You don't even have have to wear special clothes to signal or posture.

Do you have an "anti-rape" tshirt? If you don't, then how do I know you're not condoning rape?
    Easy, because I assume you're a normal person.

You don't have to be a violent thug to oppose something. You don't even have have to wear special clothes to signal or posture.

Do you have an "anti-rape" tshirt? If you don't, then how do I know you're not condoning rape?

you are describing 3 people wearing tshirts with an antifascist slogan as antifa. do you not see how ridiculous that is? I mean, clearly you dont see how ridiculous that is, but i have to ask anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

This is people's default stance, they dont have to announce it to the world, I find it funny how recently many companies are coming out with statements like "We are anti-racist and are against white supremacy" well yeah I would be concerned if you were not. Maybe they just want to sell more product and do not actually care.
    PoSO1hu.jpg?width=529&height=675

This is people's default stance, they dont have to announce it to the world, I find it funny how recently many companies are coming out with statements like "We are anti-racist and are against white supremacy" well yeah I would be concerned if you were not. Maybe they just want to sell more product and do not actually care.
    PoSO1hu.jpg?width=529&height=675

good job on missing the point of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

good job on missing the point of my post.

Sorry, No coffee moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,009 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can often tell someone is antifa, or antifa-wannabe/hangaround, because they wear clothing saying "antifa" or "antifascist" on them.

EE6g6-Vw-XYAI7y3-B.png
    https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1154734497662943232?s=21

So Greta agrees with me in that her tshirt is linked with antifa...

or she was talking to somebody who made the same mistake as you.

:rolleyes:

Acknowledging thats what a bunch of trolls on twitter felt when she posted the photo is not an admission on her part that she is endorsing Antifa. Which is the strawman you seem to be dredging up here. Here you are trying to claim she is Antifa or a "wannabe hang-around," with scant merit.

What's wrong with owning a t-shirt that says anti fascist? It seems reasonable. It also doesn't make you a member of antifa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

What's wrong with owning a t-shirt that says anti fascist? It seems reasonable. It also doesn't make you a member of antifa.

No it doesn't, but it just shows you the damage antifa has done and the problems that can now arise by displaying that you oppose fascism (though I don't know why you would, the vast majority do). Yet many here want to defend the violent thuggish group that antifa is to the hilt. A group doing more harm to their cause then good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Brian? wrote: »
    Nobody in their right mind are supporting riots. Plenty of people in their right mind are supporting peaceful protests.

Nobody in their right mind would support concentration camps either but you'd be surprised how many people would defend such a murderous ideology. I wouldn't call them in their right mind. More like useful idiots.

When Trump said "There were very fine people on both sides" in Charlottesville, half of the 'protesters' there were labelled murderous right-wing fascists by your cohort because of one person who drove a car and killed a woman. I can easily find quotes of your lot asking such things as "If they were peaceful protesters, why didn't they leave when the violence started?" Same applies here.

Just one person who represented that group was enough to label the entire lot. Fair enough; but at least be consistent. It's the hypocrisy that really gets me.

That lunatic got life imprisonment(rightfully so) but many of the Antifa 'protesters' caught throwing molotov cocktails are getting off scott free. Could you explain that to me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

The brand identity is too similar for there to be no association. But different enough to claim that there isnt one.

Its a neat-ish goalpost moving trick that allows cult members to get their cult jollies while being able to deny the existence of said cult.

2u2me wrote: »
    Nobody in their right mind would support concentration camps either but you'd be surprised how many people would defend such a murderous ideology. I wouldn't call them in their right mind. More like useful idiots.

When Trump said "There were very fine people on both sides" in Charlottesville, half of the 'protesters' there were labelled murderous right-wing fascists by your cohort because of one person who drove a car and killed a woman. I can easily find quotes of your lot asking such things as "If they were peaceful protesters, why didn't they leave when the violence started?" Same applies here.

Just one person who represented that group was enough to label the entire lot. Fair enough; but at least be consistent. It's the hypocrisy that really gets me.

That lunatic got life imprisonment(rightfully so) but many of the Antifa 'protesters' caught throwing molotov cocktails are getting off scott free. Could you explain that to me?
    Biker79 wrote: »
    The brand identity is too similar for there to be no association. But different enough to claim that there isnt one.

Its a neat-ish goalpost moving trick that allows cult members to get their cult jollies while being able to deny the existence of said cult.

And here we see the other side of it. Just as the people rightly observed the Proud Boys, alt right etc. were proxies and/or sympatico with hategroups like the KKK, through "neat-ish goalpost moving tricks" that allowed "cult members to get their cult jollies while being able to deny the existence of said cult."

Though a key differentiator there would be the Proud Boys, KKK etc. actually had/have membership rolls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Overheal wrote: »
    And here we see the other side of it. Just as the people rightly observed the Proud Boys, alt right etc. were proxies and/or sympatico with hategroups like the KKK, through "neat-ish goalpost moving tricks" that allowed "cult members to get their cult jollies while being able to deny the existence of said cult."

Though a key differentiator there would be the Proud Boys, KKK etc. actually had/have membership rolls etc.

So far right groups are bad? We already knew that, but thanks for the update.

The problem is that Antifa (or whatever you want to refer to them as) are also bad, so we have morons on both ends of the left right political divide and you are siding with the ones of the left end of the spectrum.

I, and many others here don't agree with either side and as this is a thread about Antifa we vent our opinions on Antifa, those supporting Antifa (or indeed tangential ideologies) seem to think that pointing out that Antifa are a bunch of thugs somehow equates to support for thugs on the other end of spectrum, which isn't true and neatly sidesteps the issue at hand.

All that goes on here is a lot of playing the man and not the ball. Don't like Antifa? Well then you're obviously a fascist, and or a racist. Talk about nonsensical reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Its like the Salem Witch Trials - if you sink you're guilty, if you float you're a witch. Such is the circular reasoning of the anti-fascist, anti-racist brigade.

All you have to do is make the accusation...and let the mob take care of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The power of Antifa to taint all opposition to fascism is immense.

As you can see Greta has clarified that she has no time for the authoritarian pricks of Antifa.

nullzero wrote: »
    So far right groups are bad? We already knew that, but thanks for the update.

The problem is that Antifa (or whatever you want to refer to them as) are also bad, so we have morons on both ends of the left right political divide and you are siding with the ones of the left end of the spectrum.

I, and many others here don't agree with either side and as this is a thread about Antifa we vent our opinions on Antifa, those supporting Antifa (or indeed tangential ideologies) seem to think that pointing out that Antifa are a bunch of thugs somehow equates to support for thugs on the other end of spectrum, which isn't true and nearly sidesteps the issue at hand.

All that goes on here is a lot of playing the man and not the ball. Don't like Antifa? Well then you're obviously a fascist, and or a racist. Talk about nonsensical reasoning.
    Which is equally as fallacious as saying if you are antifascist then you are antifa, which is the logic we see displayed here with guff about Gretas shirt. That's my illustration. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

No it doesn't, but it just shows you the damage antifa has done and the problems that can now arise by displaying that you oppose fascism (though I don't know why you would, the vast majority do). Yet many here want to defend the violent thuggish group that antifa is to the hilt. A group doing more harm to their cause then good.

Damage? Imagine most people I know would have no issue including my elderly mother who isn't exactly a radical leftist or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

6% of the portland population is Black, the rest are progressive whites (The ones finger painting on the walls of buildings)

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1285975506903429120

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Overheal wrote: »
    Which is equally as fallacious as saying if you are antifascist then you are antifa, which is the logic we see displayed here with guff about Gretas shirt. That's my illustration. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

I couldn't give a damn about Greta Thunbergs's wardrobe to be perfectly honest.

Antifa are a bunch of thugs (that isn't a fallacious statement), normal people who don't have a dog in the far left/far right fight are sick and tired of their bullsh1t, if you want to defend Antifa then you deserve to been shouted down. Extremism on both ends of the left right spectrum killed millions in the 20th century, we shouldn't tolerate any extremism at this point in history.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    you deserve to been shouted down

As long as you're consistent about this for the whole spectrum of speech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement