Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Can hand on heart say that every single major decision point in my life involved my taking the one I view now as the second best one on offer and the funny thing is I do assess things prior to acting, some people have very second rate judgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I’m not very good at online security and use simple passwords.

For instance, someone hacked my account yesterday and said I liked Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I’m not very good at online security and use simple passwords.

For instance, someone hacked my account yesterday and said I liked Ed Sheeran.

Excellent, Franz. Made me laugh there, even though I'm in pain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I'm in public bathroom I always try to fart really loud to see how people react.
    No high 5's, fist bumps or chest bumps yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

3 minimum concerts / gigs I attend to in a year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I sometimes pretend to be on my phone to avoid people!

I sometimes have full on fake conversations on the phone in Irish as a way to sell chocolate to Americans.

I have a BARELY conversational level of Irish, if I ever happen to try it with someone who can actually speak it it'll be incredibly embarassing but you know what, so far it's worked fairly well :o

I don't really like dogs.

Sometimes, people with handicaps annoy me.

I hate fascists, but the nazi uniform and flags etc, looked cool as fuk.

I hate women's football. It's just not very good, folks.

I don't find fat women attractive.

Sometimes, at home only, I don't wash my hands after a wee (seldom, but it does happen occasionally).

I don't really want to go to see Mrs. Ragnar's friend and her new baby tonight.

I'm sure I can think of plenty more in time.

I did think of a few more:

I occasionally pee in the shower.

I help other people out all the time, but I really, really enjoy getting the praise for it. Is this the "sin of pride"?

I'm great at looking like I'm always busy at work, but I spend half my day on Boards :D

I'm really good at my job, so manage to do the required work at a high standard, much quicker than anyone expects (is this the sin of pride showing again?)

If I can't find my spider catcher quickly enough, I will kill the spider (I really hate and fear them :( ) I know this is wrong, but I have no regrets about it at the time.

A long time ago I had a job as a Security Guard, based in many different sites. I robbed each and every one of them (never anything major, just things like cleaning supplies, stationery, packages of meat, books, etc). In my defence, I never went overboard, and was working very unsociable hours on absolutely terrible pay, so I justified it to myself.

I'm going to take a tea break from 3.00 to 3.30 this afternoon, even though I'm only working 2.30 - 4.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dogs and spiders, R? You're a monster!

Dogs and spiders, R? You're a monster!

I have never killed a dog :eek:

Hahaha while I am relieved to hear that, I was just talking about your dislike of both.

• Advertisement

Hahaha while I am relieved to hear that, I was just talking about your dislike of both.

I'm a cat person, what can I say!

As for spiders - they are 8-legged, freaky, evil, demon spawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I have. Guy set his dog on my cat so I killed the dog.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I fart around my dog to see how much I can scare her.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I fart around my dog to see how much I can scare her.

I looked after a lab cross for a while and she used to fart like a human. Big, loud, full-on farts that you would expect to hear from one of the lads in the etiquette thread.

My confession is that even in my mid-20's I found this way funnier than I should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

I'm drunk at 2:30 after a boozy lunch and loving it!

Another confession (I'm beginning to think I'm a Bad Man :()

Went home at lunch time and the only cat food left in the cupboard was the particular flavour he doesn't like (I buy big multi packs with different fishy flavours in it and have learnt long ago that he will just not eat the flavour in the red pouch). I put it in his bowl to see would he eat it, but alas no, he just stood there staring at me and meowling like an infant.

For the benefit of anyone that doesn't have a cat, I have to explain that cats are extremely fussy when it comes to food (they are the opposite of dogs, who eat their own sh!te). He's never hungry anyway, as he gets fed pretty much constantly!

So anyway, I couldn't cope with the whining, and I went to the cupboard to see what type of acceptable human food there might be for him. BINGO! A large tin of mackerel in tomato sauce. I poured it into a clean bowl and he attacked it with gusto.

Now for the confession part: The mackerel belongs to my lodger - I'm vegetarian so would never have any of my own food that Shadow would eat.

TLDR: My cat is fussy, but I will steal your food if he wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I like to watch love island with the wife.

The fastest I've driven is 166mph

I hate concerts/gigs/festivals

I miss being able to fap 4/5 times in one day

I hate the new look woman have - fake tan, bubble lips, 2 inches of make up etc etc

I've never voted in a general election

If I won the lotto, I'd make it my life's mission to prove money can buy happiness

I can't stand Irish comedians or the likes of father ted

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If there is someone driving aggressively behind me, I will remain driving careful and safely, but will let every other road user out of junctions, let all pedestrians cross the road and watch their rage boil up.

Me too...and stick rigidly to 50 KPH & 60 KPH speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes somebody will appear on The Late Late Show/etc and they'll sing a song or read a poem and social media will break be in saying how brilliant they are most of the time I find the person crap/out of tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

so - just after getting annoyed at what looks to me a controlling person posting their queries in the wrong forum, i realized i am not following my own rules (and this is my confession): not to post on threads that are opened by ppl with less than 100 posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

My wife is a moderator ...l

In my own head I am outrageously hilarious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

FFred wrote: »
    In my own head I am outrageously hilarious....
    That blue balls picture and the text you linked it to that you just posted in the picture thread gave me a real big laugh, and I laughed so much going through that thread today when bored in work so you are definitely a funny man.

Autecher wrote: »
    That blue balls picture and the text you linked it to that you just posted in the picture thread gave me a real big laugh, and I laughed so much going through that thread today when bored in work so you are definitely a funny man.
    M0UFgAK.jpg

I was half pissed on lots of Aldi beer when I started my now famous thread ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Gallaghad?

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Gallaghad?
    How very dare you ...
    DGfU5TMXgAAinvI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Stay pissed - you do your best work when under the influence. :pac:

I did an online personality test that looked at the Dark Triad traits. I scored relatively high on machiavellianism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Drinking Aldi beer right now, can't beat it..

IkJ1OdU.jpg

Advertisement