Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce whingeing

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Candie wrote: »
    Three words.

Manual bowel excavation.

I could never be a nurse.

Try cleaning sewers then or work in an abattoir, so that you can buy your nicely packed meat cuts and burgers in the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Candie wrote: »
    Three words.

Manual bowel excavation.

I could never be a nurse.

Ah, look. Some people will say anything in these threads. No reality is too obvious to deny.

Yer man actually said clearing a sewage pipe is a dirty job but nursing isn't. Just to cling on to the argument they made that only men do the dirty jobs.

It's such a luxury to be honest and able to acknowledge that both jobs above are dirty jobs.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Try cleaning sewers then or work in an abattoir, so that you can buy your nicely packed meat cuts and burgers in the supermarket.

Oh yes. That's a dirty job and I'm very grateful to those who do it. But if you're willing to pretend nursing isn't a dirty job for the sake of this argument, then you've lost perspective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ah, look. Some people will say anything in these threads. No reality is too obvious to deny.

Yer man actually said clearing a sewage pipe is a dirty job but nursing isn't. Just to cling on to the argument they made that only men do the dirty jobs.

It's such a luxury to be honest and able to acknowledge that both jobs above are dirty jobs.

All jobs can be dirty. Just last week I spilled coffee on my pants on the way to work and one of my co-workers got bird poo on his jacket during 11 o clock break

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I still can't get over the cleverness and forward thinking of God,.when he made womens feet smaller than mens and just so they could get closer to the kitchen sink.. remarkable just remarkable...
    Ps: I do all the cooking and most washing up in my house as the missus is mainly drunk most the time from the wee glass of wine she has, and she can get very drunk and persuasive, so to keep the peace I do basically everything round the house.. I'm just kinda reminding women why they have smaller feet than men,. that's all I don't want any trouble or back-lash and I hope her indoors doesn't read this. Thank You Please 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i have done loads of dirty jobs like jetting a few sewer pipes. imo pipes from washing machines and grease traps. some of them can be shockingly horrible.
    i would do that anyday over nursing and home help jobs. fair play to the mostly women that do that. i couldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Oh yes. That's a dirty job and I'm very grateful to those who do it. But if you're willing to pretend nursing isn't a dirty job for the sake of this argument, then you've lost perspective.

Of course nursing can be a dirty job and physical too, though with hoists and H&S regulations now - I think the latter has eased somewhat. You'll find male nurses and male assistants working in the caring professions too.

The central point remains though - true equality in all aspects of life between the sexes is a myth. And there's nothing wrong with that - some things women do better, some things men do better - put them together, we're all the stronger and society functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

, that women are underrepresented in very tough work like blocklaying, farming and saving turf.

They're doing a terrible job.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    All jobs can be dirty. Just last week I spilled coffee on my pants on the way to work and one of my co-workers got bird poo on his jacket during 11 o clock break

God, you're letting yourself down now.

Do you honestly think dirty work isn't part of nursing? All to avoid acknowledging that not only men do the dirty work.

I think anyone with an ounce of sense knows nursing includes some fairly dirty jobs. They are very important jobs and that should be acknowledged in pay and public appreciation, like bin collectors and sewage workers.

I'm mostly curious to know how far you're willing to go with such a weak argument. All to avoid acknowledging reality. Fascinating behaviour.

God, you're letting yourself down now.

Do you honestly think dirty work isn't part of nursing? All to avoid acknowledging that not only men do the dirty work.

I think anyone with an ounce of sense knows nursing includes some fairly dirty jobs. They are very important jobs and that should be acknowledged in pay and public appreciation, like bin collectors and sewage workers.

I'm mostly curious to know how far you're willing to go with such a weak argument. All to avoid acknowledging reality. Fascinating behaviour.

I just said my job can be dirty too. I agree that nursing is also a dirty job.
    Iv seen the state of their overalls and finger nails after they have pulled a gearbox out of a Scania lorry or when they pour concrete in the rain in November.
    All jobs are dirty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

If course many women do very physical and messy work. But I don’t think it’s unfair to say men do the vast majority of it, it’d be denying reality to say otherwise, like saying men do most housework.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Two articles read already today about how badly society treats women.
    One was about the Belfast rape trial, an incident where no crime was committed. The other was about housework, and said it wasn’t fair that women want to do things in the home men don’t want to.
    Not a thing about men getting injured on building sites, society conditioning men to do almost all physical work.
    This complaining is going too far and is completely one eyed. Men die earlier than women and have to do all the hardest and most dangerous work, apart from giving birth, of course.
    There needs to be some cop on.

Anyone else sick to death listening to men moaning about how tough they have it? Waa Waa Waa, we have such a hard life.

There needs to be some cop on here.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Anyone else sick to death listening to men moaning about how tough they have it? Waa Waa Waa, we have such a hard life.

I thought I had mental health problems but you are on a different level altogether

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If course many women do very physical and messy work. But I don’t think it’s unfair to say men do the vast majority of it, it’d be denying reality to say otherwise, like saying men do most housework.

On the other hand the vast majority of men don't do work like that.
    People choose their jobs. A young lad choosing to be a bricklayer would hate to be stuck in an office.

joe40 wrote: »
    On the other hand the vast majority of men don't do work like that.
    People choose their jobs. A young lad choosing to be a bricklayer would hate to be stuck in an office.

Like culture or societal expectations or whatever results in many women working in Childcare or non managerial positions or whatever, similar forces will see thousands of men erecting scaffolding or cutting silage or clearing drains tomorrow morning. Just worth saying that society forces men into difficult positions, hugely over represented in very demanding and physically draining roles.

Like culture or societal expectations or whatever results in many women working in Childcare or non managerial positions or whatever, similar forces will see thousands of men erecting scaffolding or cutting silage or clearing drains tomorrow morning. Just worth saying that society forces men into difficult positions, hugely over represented in very demanding and physically draining roles.

Yes but those men choose those jobs. Most men cutting silage or erecting scaffolding would absolutely hate to be teaching a class of 5 year olds, or changing nappies in a creche, or giving elderly people baths in a nursing home.
    Most physically demanding jobs are nowhere near as demanding as years ago.

Yes but those men choose those jobs. Most men cutting silage or erecting scaffolding would absolutely hate to be teaching a class of 5 year olds, or changing nappies in a creche, or giving elderly people baths in a nursing home.
    Most physically demanding jobs are nowhere near as demanding as years ago.

Doubt anyone wants to be erecting scaffolding really, although probably true many wouldn’t want to do most of the jobs typically associated with women.
    Would you say that it’s as true that women choose jobs and end up under represented in certain areas as a result of their choices, rather than deep rooted gender based expectations?

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Of course nursing can be a dirty job and physical too, though with hoists and H&S regulations now - I think the latter has eased somewhat. You'll find male nurses and male assistants working in the caring professions too.

The central point remains though - true equality in all aspects of life between the sexes is a myth. And there's nothing wrong with that - some things women do better, some things men do better - put them together, we're all the stronger and society functions.

I largely agree with that. I've no ambition to overlook the men who work as carers and nurses. I'm just curious to see how far the poster will go to deny that nursing is a dirty job just to make such a small point.

Doubt anyone wants to be erecting scaffolding really, although probably true many wouldn’t want to do most of the jobs typically associated with women.
    Would you say that it’s as true that women choose jobs and end up under represented in certain areas as a result of their choices, rather than deep rooted gender based expectations?

In a lot of cases yes but I do think sometimes it is beneficial to increase a particular gender representation in some careers.
    Things are obviously a lot better than years ago. Could you imagine a female doctor 50 years ago.
    We were simply missing out from a whole pool of talent.
    Nowadays I would like to see a drive to attract more young men into teaching especially primary. Again there is a pool of potential talent underrepresented.

In a lot of cases yes but I do think sometimes it is beneficial to increase a particular gender representation in some careers.
    Things are obviously a lot better than years ago. Could you imagine a female doctor 50 years ago.
    We were simply missing out from a whole pool of talent.
    Nowadays I would like to see a drive to attract more young men into teaching especially primary. Again there is a pool of potential talent underrepresented.

This is the kind of thinking that is needed, it’s the kind of broad mindedness totally missing in the national papers.

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I just said my job can be dirty too. I agree that nursing is also a dirty job.
    Iv seen the state of their overalls and finger nails after they have pulled a gearbox out of a Scania lorry or when they pour concrete in the rain in November.
    All jobs are dirty

Tell that to the clown who made the claim that men do the dirty work in society.

P.s. Not all jobs are dirty. That's absurd.

pinkyeye wrote: »

Depends. I'm sick to death of men Whinging about women and feminism. I completely support raising awareness of the many men's issues though.

I agree with this. People should be free to choose their career (ability permitting). And people shouldn't be pressured into or out of career paths.

There's a push to encourage women to think about STEM careers because women were traditionally precluded from those jobs. Some men go bananas about that. I think it's grand to encourage people to consider careers and support them to pursue those careers.

I'd Be fine with a push for more men to Consider teaching and nursing and other careers where men are under represented.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Deadlift kid

Blueshoe wrote:
    Ask them will they leave the country if their application and 3 appeals afterwards are denied while you are chatting them

Agree thats another area that needs to be looked at this appeals process re deportation orders its a disgrace if you're not meant to be here then deported simple as , and self deportation not enforced by our government..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I agree with this. People should be free to choose their career (ability permitting). And people shouldn't be pressured into or out of career paths.

There's a push to encourage women to think about STEM careers because women were traditionally precluded from those jobs. Some men go bananas about that. I think it's grand to encourage people to consider careers and support them to pursue those careers.

I'd Be fine with a push for more men to Consider teaching and nursing and other careers where men are under represented.

thats not the reason men complain about it. the problem is that it is done in a way that limits men from doing the same or creates an unfair easier route into that area.

everyone should be able to do any job they choose but should only be succesfull based on their skill or knollage etc not on their gender

thats not the reason men complain about it. the problem is that it is done in a way that limits men from doing the same or creates an unfair easier route into that area.

everyone should be able to do any job they choose but should only be succesfull based on their skill or knollage etc not on their gender

I really think it is. They complained about the push go encourage women into STEM at every point. From the basic encouragement to consider STEM, to women only jobs. Some men just go bananas about this kind of thing. "Where's the boy's equivalent?" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There seems to be quite a few women vets now, although the pay is good it's a physically demanding job and they are dealing with patients many times stronger and heavier than a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Agree thats another area that needs to be looked at this appeals process re deportation orders its a disgrace if you're not meant to be here then deported simple as , and self deportation not enforced by our government..
    That will give us plenty room when Trump deports our poor "undocumented" before the next election.
    I cant wait for the Joe Duffy whingers starting up " Theres the gratitude after the Irish built America" and similar ****e

Advertisement