Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce whingeing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭volchitsa

What I propose is that people who are not willing to take a broad view stop writing about what they think is everyday sexism.
    Btw everyone who has lived in Ireland for a few years knows that men do the majority of physical work here, that women are underrepresented in very tough work like blocklaying, farming and saving turf. Tough work like that is just left to men to take care of.

I didn't realize men weren't paid or were conscripted into these jobs?
    As for tough work, nursing is as physically demanding as many traditionally male professions. And your simplistic version of reality doesn't begin to explain why most computer geeks are male - not much heavy lifting there after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

volchitsa wrote: »
    I didn't realize men weren't paid or were conscripted into these jobs?
    As for tough work, nursing is as physically demanding as many traditionally male professions. And your simplistic version of reality doesn't begin to explain why most computer geeks are male - not much heavy lifting there after all.

It is in its arse. You have no clue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I stated plenty of times that I was referring to all immigrants not just Muslims. I don't care if they are from Poland or Pakistan.
    12% of the total population here are foreign born.

I’m floored by the figure to be honest. I didn’t think it was anything like that much. That said, there’s about 70 million people provably Irish all around the world
    So again I’ll ask is it not a bit hypocritical for us to complain?

And incase you missed it, anyone born on the island of Ireland no matter the parents origin or faith, is Irish. So...

I’m floored by the figure to be honest. I didn’t think it was anything like that much. That said, there’s about 70 million people provably Irish all around the world
    So again I’ll ask is it not a bit hypocritical for us to complain?

And incase you missed it, anyone born on the island of Ireland no matter the parents origin or faith, is Irish. So...

The second part of your statement means nothing. Nobody said different.

Were those 70 million born here and then left? How are they all still alive. Lol

12% of the current population is foreign born. Irish people escaping the famine to America or convicts being sent to Australia years and years ago has nothing to do with current mass immigration. I presume this is where you are getting the 70 million from.
    Don't forget that we give out passports to anyone with Irish ancestry to a certain generation.

No it's not hypocritical at all. Not in the slightest. We don't owe anyone anything. Nor do they owe us. Who do we owe in Nigeria or Poland?
    We are a small country on the edge of Europe. We are not the size of Australia or the Us.
    Australia is bigger than Europe and Texas alone is 10 times the size of Ireland.

The second part of your statement means nothing. Nobody said different.

Were those 70 million born here and then left? How are they all still alive. Lol

No it's not hypocritical at all. Not in the slightest. We don't owe anyone anything. Nor do they owe us.

You’ve wandered it seems. Can’t make sense of your post I’m afraid as it relates to what we were talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

MrFresh wrote: »
    It wasn't women making the judgements and passing legislation in the vast majority of cases.

I never said it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

The worst thing you can be at this moment in time, is a white straight male.

We were the cool guys before but not anymore we are at the bottom of the barrel now, we’ve no way to defend or represent ourselves but it’s a good thing.

We are just so good at everything :D

So take it as a compliment folks it must be a sign of human intelligence.

I suddenly understand why involuntary celibate is a thing.

Good job lads.

If you wonder why you’re destined to be forever alone you have your posting history to look back in at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Tbf most women aren’t the complainers, it’s idiot types in the media who know that men (straight Irish men anyway) are a handy target.
    Would like to see some of them footing turf or laying blocks.

ah you just said 'straight men' expect some backlash for you know who.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

love all this talk about what men are better at, it really get's the ladies fuming [well some of them anyway] let's not mention 'kitchen sinks' or bedrooms for God's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Did you bother looking into the break down of the 12%?
    Hint.
    They’re all white.
    Polish
    English
    Eastern European.

The Muslims and Africans aren’t even in the top 5

*just to add. If youre born in Ireland, you are legally an Irish citizen regardless of faith or colour.

It's not as simple as that. "Irish citizenship through birth or descent is a complex area. "
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

It's not as simple as that. "Irish citizenship through birth or descent is a complex area. "
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

Jesus. I forgot about the racist referendum.

Fvck

Jesus. I forgot about the racist referendum.

Fvck

Racist?

Racist?

You were here weren’t you?
    look it up.

I stated plenty of times that I was referring to all immigrants not just Muslims. I don't care if they are from Poland or Pakistan.
    12% of the total population here are foreign born.

what is your issue with foreign born residents?

Racist?

You were here weren’t you?
    look it up.

bubblypop wrote: »
    what is your issue with foreign born residents?

Too many.
    What's your problem with native Irish people?

Too many.

I dont have any problem with Irish born residents.
    why do you think there are too many? and why does it matter how many there is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Too many.

How do you define native. My dad's English, my mother is French but I was born here. I lived overseas for a bit but came back. I'm white and speak with a Dublin accent though so I'm accepted in a way the Irish born child of an African couple isn't. Hardly fair is it and you can see why people scream racist.

eviltwin wrote: »
    How do you define native. My dad's English, my mother is French but I was born here. I lived overseas for a bit but came back. I'm white and speak with a Dublin accent though so I'm accepted in a way the Irish born child of an African couple isn't. Hardly fair is it and you can see why people scream racist.

You were born here. You are Irish. Your parents are not . Obviously.

12% of the people living here are foreign born. CSO statistics. That's all I stated.
    You are trying to lead into something else

• Advertisement

12% of the people living here are foreign born. CSO statistics. That's all I stated.

So its just my parents you have a problem with

So its just my parents you have a problem with

Not the individuals. The amount.

My parents are Irish. Do you have a problem with them?

You very obviously have no idea about the status of children born in Ireland’s nor their rights here.

And you’re a bit racist too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The amount? Does he have more than two?

I'm not the one making distinctions about where people were born, it's quite obvious I don't have a problem with anyone.

MrFresh wrote: »
    The amount? Does he have more than two?

The amount of the total population living here that are foreign born. CSO figures say 12%.

It's too many

You very obviously have no idea about the status of children born in Ireland’s nor their rights here.

And you’re a bit racist too.

Your issue is with the CSO then. I'm quoting their figures.
    Are numbers racist nowadays too

The amount of the total population living here that are foreign born. CSO figures say 12%.

It's too many

What does it matter once they earn their keep

I'm not the one making distinctions about where people were born, it's quite obvious I don't have a problem with anyone.

You told us that one is English and one is french. I said they are not Irish. Which they are clearly not.

What's the problem?

• Advertisement

You told us that one is English and one is french. I said they are not Irish. Which they are clearly not.

What's the problem?

You asked me if I have a problem with your Irish born parents. Why on earth would i?

Advertisement