Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce whingeing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Your issue is with the CSO then. I'm quoting their figures.
    Are numbers racist nowadays too

Too bad for you. Obviously your white Irish parents didn’t care enough to actually spend some money on your education and opening your mind. Even a little.

I see you’re a fan of the aul Gemma O Doherty.

If you truly believe that nonsense, your white Irish parents should be up in court for neglect if not child abuse.

It's too many

but why do you think that it is too many?

If it comes to it we will reassert our dominance and slaughter all opposition. Leave nothing only ourselves and some women locked up to be used for reproductive purposes only.

We run this mutha fûcka

I think this has to be one of the stupidest posts I have read here.

It sort of reminds me of the pissed/coked up fools that we stopped coming into a club ranting that they were going to **** us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yeah but with a few exceptions women won't and don't want much to do with the heavier, dirtier tasks that need to be done in order for everyday life to run.

Equality is grand until certain tasks come up, the default position then is to hire someone in to do it. And that person is inevitably a man.

But that's the way of it and if both sexes were the same, it'd be boring.

The dirtier tasks like nursing sick people? Given the bodily fluids nurses deal with, I'd hardly say men do the dirty work.

But I don't have a problem with whoever wants to collect bins getting the job even if that means all the bin collectors are men. I also think it should be a well paid job because it's essential to running a society.

It's the anti women types who pretend they would like to see women do work like bin collection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Too bad for you. Obviously your white Irish parents didn’t care enough to actually spend some money on your education and opening your mind. Even a little.

I see you’re a fan of the aul Gemma O Doherty.

If you truly believe that nonsense, your white Irish parents should be up in court for neglect if not child abuse.

What's too bad for me?

Iv stated the CSO figures which you are happy to ignore yet go off on a rant about my education.
    What nonsense? The figures is it? So again your issue is with the CSO if you don't believe their statistics.

Verbal diarrhea

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I think this has to be one of the stupidest posts I have read here.

It sort of reminds me of the pissed/coked up fools that I stopped coming into a club ranting that they were going to **** us up.

It's a joke. Relax.

I forgot jokes aren't allowed nowadays. Smh

eviltwin wrote: »
    What does it matter once they earn their keep

Yes it matters. How many is too many. What's the limit.

20% ? 30% maybe.
    Nobody is allowed to speak about the numbers. Countries such as Canada or Australia have quotas and once it's met for the year that's it. Sensible immigration.
    We have a shortage of nurses. Bring some in
    We have a shortage of construction workers. Bring some in

Common sense

Yes it matters. How many is too many. What's the limit.

20% ? 30% maybe.
    Nobody is allowed to speak about the numbers. Countries such as Canada or Australia have quotas and once it's met for the year that's it. Sensible immigration.
    We have a shortage of nurses. Bring some in
    We have a shortage of construction workers. Bring some in

Common sense

and you still haven't answered why you think there are too many, or even what the problem is with having non Irish born residents?

bubblypop wrote: »
    and you still haven't answered why you think there are too many, or even what the problem is with having non Irish born residents?

About 5% is enough. Anyone that's here should be here to work and contribute but shouldn't be given preference off there are Irish people who can do the same job.

What is wrong with that?

About 5% is enough.

but why though?
    why 5% ? what difference does it make?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    but why though?
    why 5% ? what difference does it make?

Why do we have to be ok with Irish population dilution? Why can't we set a quota? We can't even talk about it . We don't owe it to the world
    As a country and an economy we need immigration to expand but controlled immigration to address skills shortages.
    I have no issue with individuals but opening a countries borders and allowing a quota free amount is not ok.

I don't have to be ok with it

It's a joke. Relax.

I forgot jokes aren't allowed nowadays. Smh

You weren’t joking though. At all.

Don’t assume everyone is as thick you to fall for that.

It’s blatantly obvious what you meant. And it wasn’t in any way a joke.

You caught me out. Well done.

Get a grip of yourself. Outrage merchant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The amount of the total population living here that are foreign born. CSO figures say 12%.

It's too many

It's too many, based on what exactly?

Any mods on here?

Why do we have to be ok with Irish population dilution? Why can't we set a quota? We can't even talk about it . We don't owe it to the world
    As a country and an economy we need immigration to expand but controlled immigration to address skills shortages.
    I have no issue with individuals but opening a countries borders and allowing a quota free amount is not ok.

I don't have to be ok with it

Irish population dilution? That's the issue? People living here who were not born here are diluting the Irish population?
    You do know that not all Irish people were born here? There are many Irish people who were born overseas. Would they be diluting the population if they moved here?
    We don't have uncontrolled immigration here, and I don't believe I have ever heard anyone looking for it?

Oh, and why the limit at 5% ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

This is a thread about whinging and you haven't stopped whinging for some time. So stop moaning Stop moaning ffs.

And since there has been a lot of migration percentages and numbers being discussed on this thread; how about talking about the roughly 60% of Africans who get asylum or migrate to Ireland that are not working in this welfare paradise. This is not sustainable for the Irish tax payer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The dirtier tasks like nursing sick people? Given the bodily fluids nurses deal with, I'd hardly say men do the dirty work.

I've never heard anyone ever describe the nursing of people a dirty job.

One hot summer there was a terrible smell coming from the somewhere in the house. Maintenance was called by the landlord and he in hot weather had to unblock the sewage pipes out the back because one of the flatmate used those hand wipes as toilet paper which don't disintegrate. To this day I still feel sorry for him for having to sort out that problem. I feel nauseous just describing that occasion. Now THAT'S a dirty job.

Now this got me thinking. In all the years I've been living in rented accommodation I have witnessed men coming to the house to fix things, deliver things etc. Why is it that not on one single occasion, not even one, have I ever seen a woman doing those jobs?

Kivaro wrote: »
    This is a thread about whinging and you haven't stopped whinging for some time. So stop moaning Stop moaning ffs.

And since there has been a lot of migration percentages and numbers being discussed on this thread; how about talking about the roughly 60% of Africans who get asylum or migrate to Ireland that are not working in this welfare paradise. This is not sustainable for the Irish tax payer?

Then ask your local direct provision Center inhabitants how that’s working out for them.

Then ask your local td why it is an immigrant isn’t legally allowed to work in the state

Then come back to us with your wisdom. Such as it is.

Then ask your local direct provision Center inhabitants how that’s working out for them.

Then ask your local td why it is an immigrant isn’t legally allowed to work in the state

Then come back to us with your wisdom. Such as it is.

Ask them will they leave the country if their application and 3 appeals afterwards are denied while you are chatting them

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »

One hot summer there was a terrible smell coming from the somewhere in the house. Maintenance was called by the landlord and he in hot weather had to unblock the sewage pipes out the back because one of the flatmate used those hand wipes as toilet paper which don't disintegrate. To this day I still feel sorry for him for having to sort out that problem. I feel nauseous just describing that occasion. Now THAT'S a dirty job.

Now this got me thinking. In all the years I've been living in rented accommodation I have witnessed men coming to the house to fix things, deliver things etc. Why is it that not on one single occasion, not even one, have I ever seen a woman doing those jobs?

Nurses are predominantly women. They do immense work. And remain tankless. You clearly haven’t had a parent or loved one in their care. Lucky you. It’ll happen though. It’s coming and you’ll be thankful thankful and hopefully embarrassed by your utterly idiotic remark.

As to the rest of your post, you couldn’t fix it yourself? What kind of man are you?
    Hint-an idiot. You’re an idiot.

Mod-Banned

Ask them will they leave the country if their application and 3 appeals afterwards are denied while you are chatting them

Our country is being overrun by bloody immigrants!

So where are you moving to?

I’m a dub and I have to deal with pig ignorant hateful and resentful boggers all day. The worst are from cork. They hate us. Can I just build a wall and keep them all out please?

You’re incurably stupid but the above is an outline of your thinking. l

Our country is being overrun by bloody immigrants!

So where are you moving to?

I’m a dub and I have to deal with pig ignorant hateful and resentful boggers all day. The worst are from cork. They hate us. Can I just build a wall and keep them all out please?

You’re incurably stupid but the above is an outline of your thinking. l

More specifically I'd say they just hate you .
    We are not overrun with asylum seekers because we don't take in many. They don't leave if their application is denied though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

This is gone off topic a bit.
    It was about unbalanced anti male comment pieces in the media. It is not anti women, men are at least as article to come out with this type of fashionable nonsense as women. Sean Moncrieff in the Times yesterday is one example.

LOL. Nursing isn't a dirty job? Do you have any idea of the bodily fluids and excretions that nurses deal with? Obviously not.

I don't think your point that women don't do dirty work is half as strong as you seem to think it is.

LOL. Nursing isn't a dirty job? Do you have any idea of the bodily fluids and excretions that nurses deal with? Obviously not.

I don't think your point that women don't do dirty work is half as strong as you seem to think it is.

Do you work in an office cubicle?

Do you work in an office cubicle?

Not in a cubicle. But in an office. Why?

Not in a cubicle. But in an office. Why?

Thought so. Never mind

Thought so. Never mind

I've no idea what your point was. Was it a zinger?

• Advertisement

Three words.

Manual bowel excavation.

I could never be a nurse.

Advertisement