Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce whingeing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

You do realise this is the 21st Century right?

The norm comes from the traditional nuclear family set up that both sexes back in the day were happy enough to fulfill.

Times change and there are plenty of men who are single parents or stay at home dads; whichever suits the set up, circumstances and income levels of that particular household.

A bit has been done about it but not nearly enough; it's completely wrong that a paternal father has no automatic rights to his child full stop.

Are you just trying to confirm my point or are you arguing with me on something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Australia seems to have a good and rigourous way of doubt that. And it’s blind to colour or faith. Many Irish annually turned away when they arrive and sent home. Then you look at America trying to the same but it’s hyperbolic hateful othering.

We don’t have huge crime waves Muslims or Africans running gangs etc.
    We just don’t.

So this fearful nonsense and rampant othering is pointless in my view.

the people coming in arnt causeing huge problems but they are adding to it in a small way.
    if you arent going to add to society here then your visa should be canceled and out the door you go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How many should be allowed into the country?
    100,000 or 10 million? Somewhere in between perhaps. This is for all immigrants not just Muslims in particular.

Nobody mentions numbers

It saddens me when I see people like yourself being fearful of this.

If everyone meaning all of us turned our attention to the real dangers which are foreign banks and vulture funds bulk buying land and property in order to pretty much enslave us, and our government selling us all out and we stood against it
    We might actually get somewhere.

A few hundred immigrants a year really really aren’t a cause for concern.

Our entire country being sold out as part of FG policy is the biggest threat we’re facing and yet I don’t see folks like yourself angry about that. And it’s a legitimate threat and it’s happening right now as we speak.

the people coming in arnt causeing huge problems but they are adding to it in a small way.
    if you arent going to add to society here then your visa should be canceled and out the door you go.

The people coming here or to Australia?

In Australia irish emigrants have caused huge problems and there was and maybe still is anti Irish sentiment. Students from here acting the maggot and a faction of the travelling community running scams all over the country.

I haven’t seen or heard of any immigrant community doing that here in Ireland. Happy to be corrected if you have evidence of it but it hasn’t and doesn’t happen to the best of my knowledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Edgware wrote: »
    Well you will know then how women make a big job of the housework. One good hours two or three times a week will keep the place tidy, a bit of planning ahead will have the meals right ( the little ****ers wont suffer if it is shepherds pie two days in a row).

Once again you claim to know what other people think! Either that or you're being deliberately provocative. I don't make a big job of my work at home because it's not rocket science , but I am extremely grateful to be able to stay at home, have as you say, the meals right, and the place tidy.

I don't know any women or men who make a big deal of the housework; everyone I know is doing their best, trying to make a good life and get on with people. I'm sure you're no different (in real life of course, where presumably you go by your real name).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

How many should be allowed into the country?
    100,000 or 10 million? Somewhere in between perhaps. This is for all immigrants not just Muslims in particular.

Nobody mentions numbers

That's true, I don't think we have the infrastructure to hold the present population we have at the moment.

So I don't think we have the facilities and money to support mass immigration.

That's my factual response to immigration, it's nothing personal to the immigrant.
    But we haven't the tool's for the Job.

Most of the cogs running the country is in Dublin, so a lot of the immigration will probably be directed towards the big city.

There's a hell of a lot of variables stopping mass immigration.

It won't happen, because we haven't the space and funds to educate, shelter adaquet comfort and give them meaningful financial requirements....

It's a no brainer.

In Australia irish emigrants have caused huge problems and there was and maybe still is anti Irish sentiment. Students from here acting the maggot and a faction of the travelling community running scams all over the country.

I haven’t seen or heard of any immigrant community doing that here in Ireland. Happy to be corrected if you have evidence of it but it hasn’t and doesn’t happen to the best of my knowledge

i dont think there is a gang problem from people coming . roma begging maybe
    . its more indeviduals
    im not saying all or even a lot but some are causeing trouble. no more the the locals causing trouble,

anyone causing trouble should be sent back . let as many good honest hard working people in as want . all they will do is improve the place .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

If everyone meaning all of us turned our attention to the real dangers which are foreign banks and vulture funds bulk buying land and property in order to pretty much enslave us, and our government selling us all out and we stood against it

Our entire country being sold out as part of FG policy is the biggest threat we’re facing and yet I don’t see folks like yourself angry about that. And it’s a legitimate threat and it’s happening right now as we speak.

So a few hundred is your figure. Yet 12% of the population are now foreign born. That's a few hundred thousand.

See the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd be more concerned about radical islam myself rather than someone buying property but you keep singing from Boyd Barretts hymn sheet.

i dont think there is a gang problem from people coming . roma begging maybe
    . its more indeviduals
    im not saying all or even a lot but some are causeing trouble. no more the the locals causing trouble,

anyone causing trouble should be sent back . let as many good honest hard working people in as want . all they will do is improve the place .

I’ll point you to the limerick gangs and the kinehan tit for tat shootings.
    We have much more toxic and malignant problems and real identifiable problems in our society and gardai seem to be unable to catch hold of it.

This hasn’t manifested in any form among any immigrant community here. At all.

• Advertisement

So a few hundred is your figure. Yet 12% of the population are now foreign born. That's a few hundred thousand.

See the difference?

12% of our population? Really? Can you provide a source for that? Not doubting you. Just news to me

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Most immigrants keep their head's down and apply themselves, you won't see them standing on corner's, flicking Ashe's on the pathways, slugging pints and acting the maggot.

Walk through Ennis and you'll see the absolute best example of immigrants and locals living together in harmony.

Ennis took in loads of Nigerians in the 90's they have blended in without any problems.
    The kid's whome are adults now are working and I can honestly say they're Clare men and women,go to gaa matches working in good jobs and are fully fledged Clare people.

I love seeing them on Sundays when they're dressed up for church and come out for Sunday dinner their traditional dress is cool.

Ennis Co Clare is the top town in western Europe as an example of immigrants turning a town around.

I'd be more concerned about radical islam myself rather than someone buying property but you keep singing from Boyd Barretts hymn sheet.

Can you show me some evidence or anything about radical Islam happening here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

MrFresh wrote: »
    Are you just trying to confirm my point or are you arguing with me on something?

I'm stating facts.

You're essentially laying the core root of this particular issue (I have no interest or truck with misogynistic comments towards women BTW) at the feet of men, so now men have to lie in the bed they have made which is a nonsense.

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Most immigrants keep their head's down and apply themselves, you won't see them standing on corner's, flicking Ashe's on the pathways, slugging pints and acting the maggot.

Walk through Ennis and you'll see the absolute best example of immigrants and locals living together in harmony.

Ennis took in loads of Nigerians in the 90's they have blended in without any problems.
    The kid's whome are adults now are working and I can honestly say they're Clare men and women,go to gaa matches working in good jobs and are fully fledged Clare people.

I love seeing them on Sundays when they're dressed up for church and come out for Sunday dinner their traditional dress is cool.

Ennis Co Clare is the top town in western Europe as an example of immigrants turning a town around.

This^^^^
    That’s been my experience too but I’d never heard about this in Clare. And it’s fantastic to hear.

I’ll point you to the limerick gangs and the kinehan tit for tat shootings.
    We have much more toxic and malignant problems and real identifiable problems in our society and gardai seem to be unable to catch hold of it.

This hasn’t manifested in any form among any immigrant community here. At all.

my point is more why add to our already sizable local problem.

any criminal we can keep out of the country is a good thing

my point is more why add to our already sizable local problem.

any criminal we can keep out of the country is a good thing

How are immigrants adding to a problem though ? They haven’t been. At all.

Anyone involved in the gangland stuff is very probably not the brightest and very likely anti immigrant.

This isn’t gangs of New York with different nationalities and tribes at war.

It just isn’t.

12% of our population? Really? Can you provide a source for that? Not doubting you. Just news to me

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp7md/p7md/p7anii/

CSO figures

Can you show me some evidence or anything about radical Islam happening here?

We need to be viligant that's all I'm saying, we already gave citizenship to that Rusian who went off to fight for ISIS and MI6 tipped off the cops about another guy.

The likes of Zappone would let anyone with a sob story.

This^^^^
    That’s been my experience too but I’d never heard about this in Clare. And it’s fantastic to hear.

Yes small numbers who assimilate are fine and welcomed. Large unchecked numbers are not.

There is a difference

• Advertisement

How are immigrants adding to a problem though ? They haven’t been. At all.

Anyone involved in the gangland stuff is very probably not the brightest and very likely anti immigrant.

This isn’t gangs of New York with different nationalities and tribes at war.

It just isn’t.

it doesnt have to be gang related. im not talking about gangs.

stuff like
    drug use
    fighting
    faling around the street drunk
    lithuaniens stabbing each other etc
    steeling
    drink driving

It also says this.

population who were non-Irish nationals has also fallen from 12.2 per cent in 2011 to 11.6 per cent in 2016. This fall in non-Irish nationals can in part be explained by the rise in the number of those with dual Irish nationality, who are classified as Irish in the census.

So immigration numbers are actually falling as you read down.

So where are these millions coming to replace us coming from?

it doesnt have to be gang related. im not talking about gangs.

stuff like
    drug use
    fighting
    faling around the street drunk
    lithuaniens stabbing each other etc
    steeling
    drink driving

Ive seen all of the above we all have on a daily basis.
    I’ve never seen an immigrant if any stripe being arrested or doing any of the things you mentioned.
    Muslims don’t drink or take drugs.
    They have been attacked on the street (rarely) by drunk Irish.
    Lithuanians? I can’t soeak to. They look like us so who knows

When was the last time you saw a Muslim or black guy drunk on the street attacking someone or fighting someone? Honest question

It also says this.

population who were non-Irish nationals has also fallen from 12.2 per cent in 2011 to 11.6 per cent in 2016. This fall in non-Irish nationals can in part be explained by the rise in the number of those with dual Irish nationality, who are classified as Irish in the census.

So immigration numbers are actually falling as you read down.

So where are these millions coming to replace us coming from?

It's still 12% of the total population. Never mind your whataboutary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Careful what you wish for. I doubt you'd be any less unhappy if women started pushing to get into those jobs.

Yeah but with a few exceptions women won't and don't want much to do with the heavier, dirtier tasks that need to be done in order for everyday life to run.

Equality is grand until certain tasks come up, the default position then is to hire someone in to do it. And that person is inevitably a man.

But that's the way of it and if both sexes were the same, it'd be boring.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yeah but with a few exceptions women won't and don't want much to do with the heavier, dirtier tasks that need to be done in order for everyday life to run.

Equality is grand until certain tasks come up, the default position then is to hire someone in to do it. And that person is inevitably a man.

But that's the way of it and if both sexes were the same, it'd be boring.

I can see why they wouldn't want to be blocklayers or plasterers because most of them just wouldn't be able for it but a clean well paid job like an electrician would be different yet I've never met a female one.

Ive seen all of the above we all have on a daily basis.
    I’ve never seen an immigrant if any stripe being arrested or doing any of the things you mentioned.
    Muslims don’t drink or take drugs.
    They have been attacked on the street (rarely) by drunk Irish.
    Lithuanians? I can’t soeak to. They look like us so who knows

When was the last time you saw a Muslim or black guy drunk on the street attacking someone or fighting someone? Honest question

i have regularly seen or heard of these happaning with foreiners (and locals too).
    not so much muslims but not all muslims are easily identafiable , havnt heard of them drinking

It's still 12% of the total population. Never mind your whataboutary

Did you bother looking into the break down of the 12%?
    Hint.
    They’re all white.
    Polish
    English
    Eastern European.

The Muslims and Africans aren’t even in the top 5

*just to add. If youre born in Ireland, you are legally an Irish citizen regardless of faith or colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

I'm stating facts.

You're essentially laying the core root of this particular issue (I have no interest or truck with misogynistic comments towards women BTW) at the feet of men, so now men have to lie in the bed they have made which is a nonsense.

It wasn't women making the judgements and passing legislation in the vast majority of cases.

• Advertisement

Did you bother looking into the break down of the 12%?
    Hint.
    They’re all white.
    Polish
    English
    Eastern European.

The Muslims and Africans aren’t even in the top 5

I stated plenty of times that I was referring to all immigrants not just Muslims. I don't care if they are from Poland or Pakistan.
    12% of the total population here are foreign born.

Advertisement