Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Well apparently pumkin carving in the states came from Irish immigrants. The only person I knew in Ireland in the late 80s with pumpkins was a Belgian farmer who emigrated over here after getting married. Must have made a few quid out of them as he did them every year.
    Never ate them but they were great fun to use as targets with a shotgun.

Mayonnaise originated in France or Spain, with Hellmans being created in the states by a German immigrant.
    The changing food and practices would be more from Europe that the states imo

It was back in the 70's when Hellman's had a big drive here and all of a sudden salad cream became passé, personally I prefer salad cream.
    I'm guessing that Hellmans is probably American, though like you said started by a German.

The Halloween custom here was to hollow out turnips, we still did that in the 70's (pumpkins are for pussies when you've hollowed out a rock hard turnip). Like many things when they travelled across the Atlantic they morphed into something else. Last Hallowen I saw a hollowed out turnip on a window sill, it looked far creepier than any pumpkin, it was like a dried up human head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Well apparently pumkin carving in the states came from Irish immigrants. The only person I knew in Ireland in the late 80s with pumpkins was a Belgian farmer who emigrated over here after getting married. Must have made a few quid out of them as he did them every year.
    Never ate them but they were great fun to use as targets with a shotgun.

Mayonnaise originated in France or Spain, with Hellmans being created in the states by a German immigrant.
    The changing food and practices would be more from Europe that the states imo

It was back in the 70's when Hellman's had a big drive here and all of a sudden salad cream became passé, personally I prefer salad cream.
    I'm guessing that Hellmans is probably American, though like you said started by a German.

The Halloween custom here was to hollow out turnips, we still did that in the 70's (pumpkins are for pussies when you've hollowed out a rock hard turnip). Like many things when they travelled across the Atlantic they morphed into something else. Last Hallowen I saw a hollowed out turnip on a window sill, it looked far creepier than any pumpkin, it was like a dried up human head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

dan1895 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1247650138111311872?s=19

Ramping the crazy up a bit more now it seems.

She really is without a doubt the most deeply, darkly unhappy person in Ireland. She has no family, no friends*, no partner, seemingly no interests or social outlets. For all her shouts of how much she hates the establishment, the thing she hates the most is herself.

*: she might meet knackers like Dee and Angela every now and then to make some noise but I very much doubt they are friends in the common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

She really is without a doubt the most deeply, darkly unhappy person in Ireland. She has no family, no friends*, no partner, seemingly no interests or social outlets. For all her shouts of how much she hates the establishment, the thing she hates the most is herself.

*: she might meet knackers like Dee and Angela every now and then to make some noise but I very much doubt they are friends in the common sense.

I couldn’t imagine her, Dee and Angela having an auld Zoom party .. gin cocktails and pjs ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

How about knocking on the door of the Garda Commissioner at 10pm at night, looking for him to incriminate himself with a recording device? Thats not good journalism thats just foolish beyond belief.

Calling a murdered journalist naive and foolish is ok?

Why wouldnt it be OK?.
    Foolish is foolish. It got her killed.

Anyway.

My father is dead you and you brought him up.

You may not have known but what kind of grown adult brings parents into a discussion???.
    This isnt the primary schoolyard.

I did it to you I be banned in a heartbeat.

Let me ask you genuinely.

Would you knock on the door of a violent unhinged drug dealing gangster who despises you with every fibre of his being with a recording device trying to get information from him that would put him in prison?.

Does that sound sensible to you?.
    A toddler could answer that one.

She was beyond foolish.

• Advertisement

Trying not to be a smart ar$e or judgemental, it seems to me as a complete non-professional that Gemma is very fragile indeed. I sincerely hope that she finds a way through this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks, the legal powers came in overnight. They didn't exist when I asked the question.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the actual detail of the regulations? I've seen the press reports, but not the actual law.

Trying not to be a smart ar$e or judgemental, it seems to me as a complete non-professional that Gemma is very fragile indeed. I sincerely hope that she finds a way through this

Yes she seems fragile and people dont accept that maybe shes depressed and ranting but people go on and on shes dangerous to Gardai etc.

A lady of like 5ft 4 and 110 odd pounds is a threat to Gardai?.

Like saying a kitten is a threat to a pitbull if you ask me!.

Yes she seems fragile and people dont accept that maybe shes depressed and ranting but people go on and on shes dangerous to Gardai etc.

A lady of like 5ft 4 and 110 odd pounds is a threat to Gardai?.

Like saying a kitten is a threat to a pitbull if you ask me!.

You might have heard about this thing called covid 19, she thinks it's a hoax as do a load of ye truthers so the tool could be out spreading it or contradicting it.

Thats what's dangerous along with the other sh1te she and anyone else like her spouts.

Still waiting on the list of I.T. companies that you know have closed down along with those that have cancelled projects and are just doing remote maintenance only.

You might have heard about this thing called covid 19, she thinks it's a hoax as do a load of ye truthers so the tool could be out spreading it or contradicting it.

Thats what's dangerous along with the other sh1te she and anyone else like her spouts.

Still waiting on the list of I.T. companies that you know have closed down along with those that have cancelled projects and are just doing remote maintenance only.

I dont think its a hoax but shes entitled to her opinion.

Im not a fan of hers but MASSIVELY believe in free speech. Without it all we have is one narrative on everything and we be living in a craphole society where people are opressed for an opinion.

Few year ago I was at a Steve Hughes comedian gig. He hates free speech restricions and made it VERY clear. At the end of his show he did loads of offensive jokes on black people.

Then his support act Reginald D Hunter did loads of offensive jokes on white people.

They then hugged and laughed and it was beautiful in a way.

2 genius comedians making a profound point.

The companies?.

SAP
    Oracle
    PFH

three massive IT companies either closed or shelved projects for now. Theres more but cant remember as had few scoops.

SAP isnt even open. (you might say they are software but involved in million euro IT projects)

Why is that such an issue for you?.
    Yes you may be working in that industry now but many aren't.

• Advertisement

Hopefully she falls foul of the new laws once she gets mouthy or leaves the house again.

Im not a fan of hers but MASSIVELY believe in free speech. Without it all we have is one narrative on everything and we be living in a craphole society where people are opressed for an opinion.

Few year ago I was at a Steve Hughes comedian gig. He hates free speech restricions and made it VERY clear. At the end of his show he did loads of offensive jokes on black people.

Then his support act Reginald D Hunter did loads of offensive jokes on white people.

The companies?.

SAP
    Oracle
    PFH

three massive IT companies either closed or shelved projects for now. Theres more but cant remember as had few scoops.

SAP isnt even open. (you might say they are software but involved in million euro IT projects)

SAP is definitely open.

The companies?.

SAP
    Oracle
    PFH

Ok loads of deflection attempts then 3 companies.

SAP are still open.and working, they do systems for the HSE for one.

PFH are still open and working.

Oracle are in financial trouble and are I'm sure still working, but easy to check.

Ok loads of deflection attempts then 3 companies.

SAP are still open.and working, they do systems for the HSE for one.

PFH are still open and working.

Oracle are in financial trouble and are I'm sure still working, but easy to check.

Think you are confused.

What systems?.

PFH run the network for HSE not SAP.

I know that for a fact. The new created one for then has been postponed for a while. Least the project.

SAP in Citywest was closed prior to even lockdown.
    know that as drove by them all carparks empty doors shut during business hours etc and an employee told me his department closed.
    Might be different now.

Oracle are in financial trouble?.

A company worth billions and billions with one of the wealthiest men in the World as CEO Larry Ellison is in financial trouble?.

Citations please.

Im hardly the one deflecting you are the one obsessing over IT issues on a thread on Gemma O Doherty!.

Pot kettle and black eh!.

Think you are confused.

What systems?.

PFH run the network for HSE not SAP.

I know that for a fact. The new created one for then has been postponed for a while. Least the project.

SAP in Citywest was closed prior to even lockdown.
    know that as drove by them all carparks empty doors shut during business hours etc and an employee told me his department closed.
    Might be different now.

Oracle are in financial trouble?.

A company worth billions and billions with one of the wealthiest men in the World as CEO Larry Ellison is in financial trouble?.

Citations please.

Im hardly the one deflecting you are the one obsessing over IT issues on a thread on Gemma O Doherty!.

Pot kettle and black eh!.

Oracle and more available online
    https://www.siliconrepublic.com/companies/oracles-jobs-cuts-dublin

Similar enough to IBM in Ireland who have laid off quite a number of staff go and TUPE out others in the last three years.

SAP systems are used within the HSE, and no they SAP are not closed down ad you claimed.

The HSE have their own I.T. staff, I've worked with several of them in the past, and they are currently recruiting for personnel and guess what you need SAP experience

https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/jobs/job-search/management-admin-ict/hbs08816-grade-vi-it-officer-health-protection-surveillance-centre-strategic-planning-transformation.html

pfh won the contract to upgrade their devices from xp and windows 7.

Your the one that claimed I.T. wasn't an essential service, most I.T. companies are closed down and are now desperately trying to dig yourself out of a hole and try to claim posters are being abusive.

Oracle and more available online
    https://www.siliconrepublic.com/companies/oracles-jobs-cuts-dublin

Similar enough to IBM in Ireland who have laid off quite a number of staff go and TUPE out others in the last three years.

SAP systems are used within the HSE, and no they SAP are not closed down ad you claimed.

The HSE have their own I.T. staff, I've worked with several of them in the past, and they are currently recruiting for support personnel, pfh won the contract to upgrade their devices from xp and windows 7.

Your the one that claimed I.T. wasn't an essential service, most I.T. companies are closed down and are now desperately trying to dig yourself out of a hole and try to claim posters are being abusive.

Well SAP in Citywest had doors shut just before official lockdown.

Maybe its different now.

PFH are responsible for the HSE network HealthIRL and upgrade to windows 10 hence many many HSE devices have PFH asset stickers on them as imaged by them (wouldnt know that if wasnt in the IT game myself).

When did I say HSE didnt have their own IT staff?

They overlap with PFH staff however and PFH do much of the IT stuff for them.

Claim posters are being abusive?. Digging hole?
    Huh?

Your making it up as you go along now.

I am open to be corrected but you have an OBSESSION with being right.
    Cant be healthy that.

Well SAP in Citywest had doors shut just before official lockdown.

Maybe its different now.

PFH are responsible for the HSE network HealthIRL and upgrade to windows 10 hence many many HSE devices have PFH asset stickers on them as imaged by them (wouldnt know that if wasnt in the IT game myself).

When did I say HSE didnt have their own IT staff?

They overlap with PFH staff however and PFH do much of the IT stuff for them.

Claim posters are being abusive?. Digging hole?
    Huh?

Your making it up as you go along now.

I am open to be corrected but you have an OBSESSION with being right.
    Cant be healthy that.

Ah right to the default behavior, get caught out talking BS then deny what ye said, and try to make it about the other person.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hopefully she falls foul of the new laws once she gets mouthy or leaves the house again.[/QUOTE

She won't. She's clever enough to know how far to go and is far too cowardly to take such a stand herself. Or at least she has been in the past. But she tries to egg her army of half wit weirdos and oddballs to do it for her bidding for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I don't know much about this Gemma O'Doherty lady, but may I ask, is she actually crazy or just a loud mouthed self opinionated conspiracy theorist?

Is she a loon, or a very smart person?

Ah right to the default behavior, get caught out talking BS then deny what ye said, and try to make it about the other person.

What BS?. Im bang on about PFH you would know that if you did IT for HSE and seen SAP closed prior to lockdown.

What is incorrect about the above?.

Think your the one talking BS when you say Oracle worth billions are financially struggling to be honest.
    Thats Crazier than anything Gemma comes out with!.

Ye? Im only one person!.

Suppose you Wanna get back to your Gemma bashing now?.

• Advertisement

I don't know much about this Gemma O'Doherty lady, but may I ask, is she actually crazy or just a loud mouthed self opinionated conspiracy theorist?

Most conspiracy theorists or those that believe them tend to be a bit of a loon as you put it, why else would they endanger their kids for example.

Her husband passed in 2015 from a terrible illness. I wonder what effect it had in her?

What BS?.

Most I.T. people aren't working from there on for a start.

I've been following her since she first declared a presidential run. Prior to tat I knew little of her.

She declared her intent for the Aras, and at that time attracted a heap of endorsements from various left wing activist clowns, although no left wing party actually endorsed her. This seemed to fill her with a sense that she had the strong backing of a large, silent majority in Irish society.

She seemed to be absolutely, completely in bafflement that she simply wasn't as popular or influential as she thought. A bit like when one of these foreign dictators is so wrapped up in Yes men and their own propaganda that they are genuinely shocked when their own people put them in front of a firing squad or ram a sword up their arse (Ceaucescu and Gaddaffi being the most notable examples).

She started off with what for a few days seemed genuine enough concerns about immigration. Some suggested she was piggybacking on the Peter Casey surge but I found it fairly unrelated.

A short while later she declined into 5G, chemtrails, secret paedophile lodges, et al.

But she seems to have hit a different tier of crazy from around the time she was banned from Youtube and led her daft protest. She appeared increasingly dishevelled/ unwashed looking in her selfie videos, she was waving little wooded crucifexes around in the street, posting about Jesus, completely mental stuff. And I'll bet she hasn't been to mass in 30 years either

A particular marker is that even at that stage, she was terrified of antagonising the Gardai. She would barely say boo to them and called off her protest as soon as they started looking at it.

That is completely out the window now, she is essentially committing public order offences on a sometimes daily basis at this stage (screaming at security guards, arguing with Gardai, filming at the airport, entering food businesses to harass staff etc)

Her husband passed in 2015 from a terrible illness. I wonder what effect it had in her?

I had a stalk of her FB when it was still in operation, was interesting to see she was not a friend connect of her husband's son.

Strangely, the first time I looked there was nobody of the surname O'Doherty on her list, I looked a few months later and her siblings had reappeared (siblings are all listed on her parents death notice that you can Google). I wonder did they delete her and later on decide to try and reach out?

I seriously don't know how she hasn't been sectioned. Surely being as unhinged in public as she is makes her a target for violent confrontation, and therefore a danger to herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There are people out there who are fairly calculated in their efforts to monetise their waffle about conspiracies and the like, but I don't think Gemma's one of them.

I think she's a fairly mentally damaged person, who has a real need to be considered legitimate, to be listened to, and she has ended up saying whatever she needs to say to get any kind of audience.

Whereas there are other out there who are just scum, there's a part of me that actually feels sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

She started off with what for a few days seemed genuine enough concerns about immigration.
    A short while later she declined into 5G, chemtrails, secret paedophile lodges, et al.
    This.

She went from prized journalist for the Irish Independent to be shunned because of her anti-immigration policies (some say because of her anti-corruption stance) and may just be a bit mental.

It went fast too for the media to turn on her.
    Gemma wrote an article for leftist Village magazine in 2017, concerning allegations of long-term child sexual abuse
    A year later Village magazine called her "racist, anti-Islamist, homophobic and transphobic".

She seems to have bought into many of the general wacky conspiracy theories.
    I suppose in the end we'll see who is right, her or the establishment.

I had a stalk of her FB when it was still in operation, was interesting to see she was not a friend connect of her husband's son.

Strangely, the first time I looked there was nobody of the surname O'Doherty on her list, I looked a few months later and her siblings had reappeared (siblings are all listed on her parents death notice that you can Google). I wonder did they delete her and later on decide to try and reach out?

I seriously don't know how she hasn't been sectioned. Surely being as unhinged in public as she is makes her a target for violent confrontation, and therefore a danger to herself.

This proves a point I was making the some people who dont like her are obsessed with her. This poster has lost the plot.

Poster admits to stalking her facebook to such an extent that he goes through ALL her friend list etc to determine all her connections including deceased ex husbands son's account.

Then goes through the account with a fine comb again several months later.

Then looks up her parents death notices.

Jesus. If that isn't obsessive/stalker/creepy behaviour I don't know what is.

No one will say it as everyone here hates Gemma but if a total stranger was looking up your parents death notices to lampoon you; you'd be horrified.

Very very disturbing behaviour.

This proves a point I was making the some people who dont like her are obsessed with her. This poster has lost the plot.

Poster admits to stalking her facebook to such an extent that he goes through ALL her friend list etc to determine all her connections including deceased ex husbands son's account.

Then goes through the account with a fine comb again several months later.

Then looks up her parents death notices.

Jesus. If that isn't obsessive/stalker/creepy behaviour I don't know what is.

No one will say it as everyone here hates Gemma but if a total stranger was looking up your parents death notices to lampoon you; you'd be horrified.

Very very disturbing behaviour.

She's a public figure with a social media presence. What I did took all of three minutes of my time. I was actually primarily interested in whether I had any friends of friends who were in her realm.

I do take a wee look at plenty of people's Facebooks. Example, whenever some scrote has been done for deliberately coughing on people, I've taken a look to see what level of knacker we are dealing with. Look at the Gangland thread here, half the posts are recommending how to stalk the half hidden profiles of various gangland figures.

It's not all that rare.

Hardly matters now anyway, she has been banned for being a cretinous gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

lads and ladies, in terms of having a discussion with regards most or many IT companies being closed, is there really any point in going into the in's and outs of proving or disproving it? It is self evidently clear that the vast majority of IT companies are extremely busy and very active. They are doing it remotely as opposed to in an office.
    Trying to prove this point is as useful as trying to prove that 5g does not cause Covid19, so why bother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement