Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

In her latest attack on the guards she says the corona virus doesnt exist and its all a hoax and that the reason we are all being told to stay 2m spart is because 5g cameras cant monitor people in crowds.

Fairly pointless cameras ..

In her latest attack on the guards she says the corona virus doesnt exist and its all a hoax and that the reason we are all being told to stay 2m spart is because 5g cameras cant monitor people in crowds.

Kinda need her to catch the virus. Not die from it, just get very very sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Penfailed

As much as I dislike her, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

To her it would just be an attempt by the "new world order" to silence her, she has compared herself to Veronica Guerin recently and said that it is a risk she is willing to take.

She also justifies exposing herself to wifi etc as a necessary risk of her career as a "journalist".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Tow

Thats essential work?.
    Most IT staff off nowadays.

Official List of Essential Service Providers:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/dfeb8f-list-of-essential-service-providers-under-new-public-health-guidelin/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Poor women, I find this incredibly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So does she believe all those who have died, and their families, are in on it? Odd woman.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1247650138111311872?s=19

Ramping the crazy up a bit more now it seems.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I still haven't seen anything in the press to suggest that the Gardai got new powers to enforce the 2km limit.

There you go: https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0407/1129175-policing-operation-easter/

• Advertisement

My father couldn't even switch on a computer but he was a kind gentle quiet man who died a year ago in a horrific accident.

Id rather you didnt mock him.

I clearly wasn't mocking him.

But my condolences on your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

She also justifies exposing herself

Catching the virus would be better than catching that. Eeewwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that's exactly it, just get a good dose of it to feel it and be bed ridden for a week or two.

In normal situations that would be a low blow and a sign we have no come back to her crap, but in this case there's nothing wrong with wishing a good dose of covid but not fatal.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

I clearly wasn't mocking him.

But my condolences on your loss.

Ok

With family you never know with people they can be dead cripped dying etc so aim your ire at the man not the mans family.

Well many IT companies have stopped projects and I assumed they are closed may not be and still doing IT maintenance remotely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

To her it would just be an attempt by the "new world order" to silence her, she has compared herself to Veronica Guerin recently and said that it is a risk she is willing to take.

She also justifies exposing herself to wifi etc as a necessary risk of her career as a "journalist".

Dont think Gemma be as naive or foolish as Veronica.

As in cant Imagine Gemma knocking on a unhinged major drug dealers front door looking for him to incriminate himself with a recording device. Thats not good journalism thats just foolish beyond belief.

There is ways and means of going about things.

How about knocking on the door of the Garda Commissioner at 10pm at night, looking for him to incriminate himself with a recording device? Thats not good journalism thats just foolish beyond belief.

Calling a murdered journalist naive and foolish is ok?

she hasn't been active on the auld twitter machine in the last day or so - you'd think she'd be lapping up all the attention she is seeking ... or have twitter dropped the ban hammer on her 'second' account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Is the Easter Bunny common in Ireland now? When I was a kid only Americans did the Easter Bunny.

Long_Wave wrote: »
    Is the Easter Bunny common in Ireland now? When I was a kid only Americans did the Easter Bunny.

The tradition comes from Germany so fairly sure it wasn't just Americans.

Well many IT companies have stopped projects and I assumed they are closed may not be and still doing IT maintenance remotely.

What companies have cancelled projects and what projects because of covid and are just doing remote maintenance?

The ones I know are still working on projects and not just remote maintenance.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    What companies have cancelled projects and what projects because of covid and are just doing remote maintenance?

Most I know are still working on projects and not just remote maintenance.

i'm in IT and we are extremely busy - some projects have been paused, some have been ramped up to take advantage of spare capacity and day to day the support of remote working and cloud migrations are keeping everyone really busy.

As a company we were already almost 80% fully remote before this kicked off so in reality nothing changed the way we work

whippet wrote: »
    i'm in IT and we are extremely busy - some projects have been paused, some have been ramped up to take advantage of spare capacity and day to day the support of remote working and cloud migrations are keeping everyone really busy.

As a company we were already almost 80% fully remote before this kicked off so in reality nothing changed the way we work

Yep same here. Just wondering what companies the poster claims to know of that have cancelled projects and are just doing remote maintenance.

Long_Wave wrote: »

Yes, always has been: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/the-easter-bunny-is-female-how-our-easter-traditions-began-1.3436450

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finger hovering perilously over ignore button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I don't remember the easter bunny or egg hunts ever being part of Easter growing up in the 60's and 70's, when we were given the eggs we knew they were from our parents, aunts, uncles etc. There was nothing mysterious about it.
    I suspect like many things from the bastardisation of Halloween to mayonnaise instead of salad cream it was an American import that started in the 70s or 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I was born in the early 80s and remember the easter bunny, no egg hunts though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

As Bill Hicks said:

"I was over in Australia recently and its interesting to note they celebrate Easter the same way we do; commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

whippet wrote: »
    she hasn't been active on the auld twitter machine in the last day or so - you'd think she'd be lapping up all the attention she is seeking ... or have twitter dropped the ban hammer on her 'second' account?

Banhammer lifted on her main account, she only uses the ACI one when she's banned.

Seamai wrote: »
    I don't remember the easter bunny or egg hunts ever being part of Easter growing up in the 60's and 70's, when we were given the eggs we knew they were from our parents, aunts, uncles etc. There was nothing mysterious about it.
    I suspect like many things from the bastardisation of Halloween to mayonnaise instead of salad cream it was an American import that started in the 70s or 80's.

Well apparently pumkin carving in the states came from Irish immigrants. The only person I knew in Ireland in the late 80s with pumpkins was a Belgian farmer who emigrated over here after getting married. Must have made a few quid out of them as he did them every year.
    Never ate them but they were great fun to use as targets with a shotgun.

Mayonnaise originated in France or Spain, with Hellmans being created in the states by a German immigrant.
    The changing food and practices would be more from Europe that the states imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Well apparently pumkin carving in the states came from Irish immigrants. The only person I knew in Ireland in the late 80s with pumpkins was a Belgian farmer who emigrated over here after getting married. Must have made a few quid out of them as he did them every year.
    Never ate them but they were great fun to use as targets with a shotgun.

Mayonnaise originated in France or Spain, with Hellmans being created in the states by a German immigrant.
    The changing food and practices would be more from Europe that the states imo

They used turnips here back in the day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement