Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And? You are still making assumpations as me questioning something or someone doesnt mean I fit into your little boxes ie antivaxxer or whatever buzzwords you like to use.
    You can question things in a deomocracy (well for now!)

So you spent your whole lunch break copying and pasting old posts of mine?.

No nice meal, no walk, just copying on this?
    Thats beyond sad.

who has their lunch at 11.30? or maybe it isn't 11.30 where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

The other week on FB Gilroy put up a colour coded map of "countries that have reported COVID19 cases" alongside another map purporting to show countries that have rolled out 5G, as some sort of proof of a link.

Incredibly, the map apparently showing countries that reported COVID19 showed that Ireland, the country Ben fights for daily, as not having any reported cases of the virus.

Imagine taking any sort of advice from such a raging clown.

If you put two maps on top of each other you’d see that beaches are almost always in the same location as lethal shark attacks .... so by bens logic beaches kill people

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

whippet wrote: »
    If you put two maps on top of each other you’d see that beaches are almost always in the same location as lethal shark attacks .... so by bens logic beaches kill people

Only almost always?

And? You are still making assumpations as me questioning something or someone doesnt mean I fit into your little boxes ie antivaxxer or whatever buzzwords you like to use.
    You can question things in a deomocracy (well for now!)

So you spent your whole lunch break searching copying and pasting old posts of mine?.

No nice meal, no walk, just rooting around searching my old posts to copy on this?
    Thats beyond sad.

Defaulting to the standard truther behavior already I see.

Took two minutes out of lunch to do plenty of time to do this other things on your list.

who has their lunch at 11.30? or maybe it isn't 11.30 where you are.

I am working a 7 to 15.30 shift this week, so about the right time for me to have it, apart from the hunger striking wanted to get out in the sun for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

I agree she has some decent points but not the best at communicating them.

Gemma has zero decent points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Defaulting to the standard truther behavior already I see.

Took two minutes out of lunch to do plenty of time to do this other things on your list.

2 minutes my arze.

Anyway
    Standard truther behaviour? Is there such a thing?. Met many folk who would question things from Christians to devout Atheists to New Age believers but certainly their behaviour is anything but uniform. Individual people with individual behaviours and opinions.

More assumpations. Standard behaviour.

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One thing is for certain, that was some outburst with the cops. That will get her the mainstream attentions she is craving, but it wont end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

One thing is for certain, that was some outburst with the cops. That will get her the mainstream attentions she is craving, but it wont end well.

It won't get her mainstream attention. The only reason she is in any way (semi) famous is because of the sheer volume (of crap) she puts out there.

From her electoral history and the pathetic numbers she generated at that Barrow St thing, its clear its just a morbid fascination with someone who is crazy. Even the National Party have disowned her now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

The Nal wrote: »
    It won't get her mainstream attention. The only reason she is in any way (semi) famous is because of the sheer volume (of crap) she puts out there.

From her electoral history and the pathetic numbers she generated at that Barrow St thing, its clear its just a morbid fascination with someone who is crazy. Even the National Party have disowned her now.

I said it before here, I wonder what stunt she will pull to remain in the public eye once Twitter inevitably ban her.

She may well move into the Travis Bickle stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I said it before here, I wonder what stunt she will pull to remain in the public eye once Twitter inevitably ban her.

She may well move into the Travis Bickle stage.

Well she doesn't have long left on Twitter. Once they ban someone for a day and then another ban for a week you know whats next.

I guess we can look forward to her storming the Twitter HQ offices like she did at Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

She has done this before at Twitter the first time she was banned

circadian wrote: »
    Gemma has zero decent points.

The Mary Boyle documentary had several decent interesting points and is well made for a shoestring budget documentary.

She was calm factual curious polite and getting people to open up in it; a far far cry from her demeanour now bur it shows she was a good journalist at one point.

However try get an Irish "journalist" nowadays to make a documentary like that. All we get is vacuous crap from them.

Her problem I think is she has megalomania now with all you lot obsessing over 24/7 here!.

People who apparently hate her and think shes "dangerous" trawl through her twitter everyday to "catch her out" on something then rattle on she should be banned from twitter.
    Sure what would these folk do with their lifes if that happened??.

Careful what you wish for and all that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

There is no ‘catching her out’ .. 100% of what she puts out on social media now is utter drivel and at time dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

The Mary Boyle documentary had several decent interesting points and is well made for a shoestring budget documentary.

She was calm factual curious polite and getting people to open up in it; a far far cry from her demeanour now bur it shows she was a good journalist at one point.

However try get an Irish "journalist" nowadays to make a documentary like that. All we get is vacuous crap from them.

Her problem I think is she has megalomania now with all you lot obsessing over 24/7 here!.

People who apparently hate her and think shes "dangerous" trawl through her twitter everyday to "catch her out" on something then rattle on she should be banned from twitter.
    Sure what would these folk do with their lifes if that happened??.

Careful what you wish for and all that!.

I've got more Internet points than you.

oWArFHP2HN7W.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

was thinking about Gemma today and how she is a bit of a gowl, polluting social media and the like and then had an idea that at least she is not everywhere.....
    They had a random vision of her on tik tok doing the latest dance crazies.. and I lol'ed... we should lobby to get he on tiktok doing dance challenges

2 minutes my arze.

Anyway
    Standard truther behaviour? Is there such a thing?. Met many folk who would question things from Christians to devout Atheists to New Age believers but certainly their behaviour is anything but uniform. Individual people with individual behaviours and opinions.

More assumpations. Standard behaviour.

Meh

Yep two minutes to find them using the search function on here and standard keywords then post them.

Which gives 58 minutes to go for a walk in the sun and have something to eat, then back to trying to fix the backdoors and other malware sh1te on multiple machines from morons visiting anti vax and fake covid sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

humberklog wrote: »
    What an idiot (and shocking coward) she is. The vehicle reg checks (tax, nct (not sure of insurance) are now done by phone. Handy tool.
    I think the Gard was a bit daft getting out to her asking her what she said.

But she can't be arrested for being a total gowel.

Just watched the Killiney videos now, that Gard has the patience of a saint. He probably didnt know who she was or he would never have gotten out of the car.

Guard or Garda

Please for the love of God stop making up mongrel Irish / English mutant names.

circadian wrote: »
    I've got more Internet points than you.

oWArFHP2HN7W.gif

Ah yes memes. When you cant debate the point brought up and revert to crappy humour.

(Brendan Grace was great in that role however)

Im saying she made the most in depth and well researched documentary on Mary Boyle (longest missing person case in Ireland)

Of course non of you will watch it just take snippets from her twitter account and make some insane connection that its a white supremacy post and shes the secret leader of the Aryan Brotherhood or something.

As for what she posts now dont care nor do I follow her on twitter or any of that.

Seems its only people who dont like her obsess over her twitter account!.
    Watching it like a hawk reposting it etc.

Like I could never ever follow or read posts daily of someone I actively disliked on a social media platform but each to their own!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Any source for this? I can't see any reference on the RTE website.

Leo said it at the last conference he gave, now of course he could have been telling porkie pies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Leo said it at the last conference he gave, now of course he could have been telling porkie pies. :D
    I still haven't seen anything in the press to suggest that the Gardai got new powers to enforce the 2km limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hateful woman, trying to bully that young Garda.

Yep two minutes to find them using the search function on here and standard keywords then post them.

Which gives 58 minutes to go for a walk in the sun and have something to eat, then back to trying to fix the backdoors and other malware sh1te on multiple machines from morons visiting anti vax and fake covid sites.

Thats essential work?.
    Most IT staff off nowadays.

I smell a tall tale why would there be malware on covid sites? So You looked at every single site visited and noted the ip address it came from and every single one was either anti vaccine or fake covid sites nothing else?.

Hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

:pac::pac::pac: Was she in the natural law party?

They were offering knowledge. All other parties were looking for power.

Thats essential work?.
    Most IT staff off nowadays.

I smell a tall tale why would there be malware on covid sites? So You looked at every single site visited and noted the ip address it came from and every single one was either anti vaccine or fake covid sites nothing else?.

Hmmmmmm.

We are in our sh1te off work, your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that. This site is still running what do you think keeps it and everything else running good vibrations?

Also plenty of tools for finding the source of infections once their known.
    Even looking at logs with a lot of patience and knowledge gives you enough information.
    Also the fact that these sites are being used by hackers and scammers, especially regarding covid is fairly common knowledge, would have thought a truther would be aware of that.

We are in our sh1te off work, your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that. This site is still running what do you think keeps it and everything else running good vibrations?

Also plenty of tools for finding the source of infections once their known.
    Even looking at logs with a lot of patience and knowledge gives you enough information.
    Also the fact that these sites are being used by hackers and scammers, especially regarding covid is fairly common knowledge, would have thought a truther would be aware of that.

Cloud Cuckoo ok but I know several IT companies have shut up shop.

Hackers and scammers operate on any website or platform on planet Earth its a moot point.

Why would a covid19 information site have scammers? Cant think of any that require personal information if you know them what sites are they?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Hackers and scammers operate on any website or platform on planet Earth its a moot point.

What IT companies have "shut up shop?!" Name three. Name one. I'll wait.

Would they be places like yer man, the unelected yet somehow "Independent TD" who runs the computer repair shop in Fairview?

Our place's I.T. are slammed, getting people set up for remote working and coping with people who've never encountered videoconferencing before. Every one of my friends in I.T. is the same, as they all adapt to WFH. Not one of their companies has been shut (excepting one that was shutting up well before covid was heard about).
    Why would a covid19 information site have scammers? Cant think of any that require personal information if you know them what sites are they?.

Indeed, why would it? We were talking about malware, though, not phishing. Don't tell me, yer da was an I.T. guy back in the day?

So it's now gone from most I.T. staff are off work to you know several companies that shut down.

As for hackers and scammers using any platform on the planet, state actors maybe for the big ones, others run by enthusiasts are more easily abused. Also they are setting up sites to catch the scared, the gullible, truthers etc so its not a moot point.

Also would expect a truther to know that it's not necessary to add personal details onto a site, to be at risk of being compromised.

As for a list check them yourself online, but given that researchers are finding around 1,000 such domains being registered daily it's going to be a long and incomplete read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

In her latest attack on the guards she says the corona virus doesnt exist and its all a hoax and that the reason we are all being told to stay 2m spart is because 5g cameras cant monitor people in crowds.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement