Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The positives are in Gemmas past though

Right now she's a bullying racist islamophobic homophobic transphobic xenophobic Hatemonger and spreads numerous ludicrous dangerous conspiracy theories.

Why do you call the behaviour of posters on here lowlife degenerate but appear to mostly want to excuse away Gemmas.

Because he's totally disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The positives are in Gemmas past though

Right now she's a bullying racist islamophobic homophobic transphobic xenophobic Hatemonger and spreads numerous ludicrous dangerous conspiracy theories.

Why do you call the behaviour of posters on here lowlife degenerate but appear to mostly want to excuse away Gemmas.

I think everyone including yourself realizes that GO’D has had a massive mental health catastrophe at some stage in the last 2 years. That’s perfectly clear. What’s not clear is why people want to poke her with a stick 24 hours a day like a mad bear in a cage.
    The ring leader of this mob is the guy related to the poor little girl missing from Donegal all these years.
    Maybe he has good reason to want to drive a mad woman to suicide because he literally never leaves it be on Twitter 24/7.
    If you all really want her to stop her ravings and ranting then you know perfectly well that you all just put her on ignore/block and she will run out of steam.
    She’s literally feeding her insanity off the negativity directed at her constantly but everyone knows this so I must conclude that it’s just the lynch mob mentality that people are addicted to.
    Wether any of you like it or not she is entitled to her opinion about any topic of her choice.
    Of course your entitled to challenge her on her opinion but you can’t make her stop talking.
    If you think she’s breaking a law then notify the Gardaí and let them take it from there.
    But admit that you are baiting a clearly mentally ill person who has not harmed any of you personally and isn’t having any real negative impact on any of your lives.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

eeepaulo wrote: »
    But I thought you were here not because you support her but because you MASSIVELY agree with freedom of speech.

Welcome. Stop trying to shut OTHER people down.

Same tactics were used on the United People thread. Same MO. Calling posters "obsessives" etc.

That thread got closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

humberklog wrote: »
    Same tactics were used on the United People thread. Same MO. Calling posters "obsessives" etc.

That thread got closed down.

Saying I support free speech is a tactic?
    To what end?

This isnt a war lad requiring tactics I couldnt care less of your opinion of me and Im sure vice versa its just a meaningless internet forum.

Tactics LOL.

OK we have it your way.

Ive been honing my tactics for the last 12 years
    ; )

Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think everyone including yourself realizes that GO’D has had a massive mental health catastrophe at some stage in the last 2 years. That’s perfectly clear. What’s not clear is why people want to poke her with a stick 24 hours a day like a mad bear in a cage.
    The ring leader of this mob is the guy related to the poor little girl missing from Donegal all these years.
    Maybe he has good reason to want to drive a mad woman to suicide because he literally never leaves it be on Twitter 24/7.
    If you all really want her to stop her ravings and ranting then you know perfectly well that you all just put her on ignore/block and she will run out of steam.
    She’s literally feeding her insanity off the negativity directed at her constantly but everyone knows this so I must conclude that it’s just the lynch mob mentality that people are addicted to.
    Wether any of you like it or not she is entitled to her opinion about any topic of her choice.
    Of course your entitled to challenge her on her opinion but you can’t make her stop talking.
    If you think she’s breaking a law then notify the Gardaí and let them take it from there.
    But admit that you are baiting a clearly mentally ill person who has not harmed any of you personally and isn’t having any real negative impact on any of your lives.

Couldn't agree more. Mental health issues aren't exclusive to depression and suicide. It's obvious that Gemma has had some form of psychotic breakdown and I find it hard to believe that people reading and commenting on her posts can't see that.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Mental health issues aren't exclusive to depression and suicide. It's obvious that Gemma has had some form of psychotic breakdown and I find it hard to believe that people reading and commenting on her posts can't see that.

Dont be inconsiderate what woud they do with their lives with no Gemma especially in lockdown?.

There is people here live on her twitter and they feed on it like vampires on blood so shes giving them life in a roundabout way!

They should be thanking their lifeforce!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Nah, when she's targeting Irish people, including children, she doesn't get a pass. Racists and fascists don't.

Ah they can see it perfectly well. She’s not an elected representative. She’s not any kind of a celebrity. She doesn’t appear to even have a job. 9 out of 10 people you meet on the street wouldn’t have a clue who she was, and those that do regard her as a harmless looper.
    If you look at her twitter account she gets maybe 10 responses to any tweet she posts herself, all from equally “challenged” followers. She’s quite literally a nobody to all but her dedicated few tormentors who are determined to keep winding her up in some kind of a push to see how far she can go.

Nah, when she's targeting Irish people, including children, she doesn't get a pass. Racists and fascists don't.

Who has been hurt by this woman? Has this assault been reported to AGS and what was the result of the investigation?

Ah they can see it perfectly well. She’s not an elected representative. She’s not any kind of a celebrity. She doesn’t appear to even have a job. 9 out of 10 people you meet on the street wouldn’t have a clue who she was, and those that do regard her as a harmless looper.
    If you look at her twitter account she gets maybe 10 responses to any tweet she posts herself, all from equally “challenged” followers. She’s quite literally a nobody to all but her dedicated few tormentors who are determined to keep winding her up in some kind of a push to see how far she can go.

Her Twitter responses would be higher than 10 I think, but definitely higher if she didn't block everyone who disagrees with her or asks questions of this fine defender of free speech.

No one endangering and harassing kids should be considered a harmless looper as you describe her.

• Advertisement

Who has been hurt by this woman? Has this assault been reported to AGS and what was the result of the investigation?

Where did the poster mention assault.

Your aware of the abuse the Ryan's received from her followers and fellow travelers after her tweets about them in the lidl advert, you discussed it enough on the threads at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What about the scumbags throwing Nazi salutes around outside Google on Barrow St.? The absolute thugs that she attracted? Don't be playing the naïf, we can see right through you deflectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She openly threatened Fiona O'Leary. Her supporters published pictures of where Fiona lives. The Ryans had to leave the country as a result of her racial harassment. She has published numerous images of children in attempt to incite racist hate against them.

Nah - this idea that Gemma is harmless is and that her hatemongering has no victims is absolute nonsense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dont be inconsiderate what woud they do with their lives with no Gemma especially in lockdown?.

There is people here live on her twitter and they feed on it like vampires on blood so shes giving them life in a roundabout way!

Why do you want to deflect and excuse away her hatemongering so much?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I imagine the children she posted because of their race, their parents anyway, emotionally. Particularly since she had racists across the globe lapping it. Plus the family she targeted in the lidl ad, they moved.

Birneybau wrote: »
    What about the scumbags throwing Nazi salutes around outside Google on Barrow St.? The absolute thugs that she attracted? Don't be playing the naïf, we can see right through you deflectors.

What about them though? Who were they throwing the nazi salutes at? If you went down to Google on Barrow St to protest something and there were some gob****es throwing nazi salutes back at you then so what?

I imagine the children she posted because of their race, their parents anyway, emotionally. Particularly since she had racists across the globe lapping it. Plus the family she targeted in the lidl ad, they moved.

Sorry to sound harsh but I want to know if someone was hurt by GO’D and it was a matter of a criminal investigation. Racist abuse and incitement to violence is against the law and if it took place then there would be some kind of record of it. You don’t seem to be able to pin point where someone expressing her opinion spilled over into either of these things.
    Hurt feelings is an entirely different thing. If you are hurt by what someone else has said then you really need to deal with that as it’s part of life and is very difficult to avoid. That’s all really.

She openly threatened Fiona O'Leary. Her supporters published pictures of where Fiona lives. The Ryans had to leave the country as a result of her racial harassment. She has published numerous images of children in attempt to incite racist hate against them.

Nah - this idea that Gemma is harmless is and that her hatemongering has no victims is absolute nonsense.

At what stage are the criminal investigations into these alleged incidents?

Why do you want to deflect and excuse away her hatemongering so much?

I don’t agree with GO’D. If she has broken the law then report her, show your evidence to AGS and let them deal with it. She’s clearly needing psychiatric help. If she hasn’t broken the law then she’s just expressing her opinion and as she’s not been given public platform on main stream media then if you choose to seek her out in order to be outraged then that’s your own problem.
    This constant seeking to silence people who don’t agree with you is going nowhere for you because people don’t like fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

At what stage are the criminal investigations into these alleged incidents?

That's really where you're setting the bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

What about them though? Who were they throwing the nazi salutes at? If you went down to Google on Barrow St to protest something and there were some gob****es throwing nazi salutes back at you then so what?

Yeah, the Google workers, many of whom are non-national, loved having neo-Nazis outside their offices, on megaphones, day after day, for weeks... :rolleyes:

I don’t agree with GO’D. If she has broken the law then report her, show your evidence to AGS and let them deal with it. She’s clearly needing psychiatric help. If she hasn’t broken the law then she’s just expressing her opinion and as she’s not been given public platform on main stream media then if you choose to seek her out in order to be outraged then that’s your own problem.
    This constant seeking to silence people who don’t agree with you is going nowhere for you because people don’t like fascism.

Funny given that you put people on your ignore list on here when they have shown evidence that you were being (and I am being polite here) economical with the truth regarding your ideas to sterilize anyone on social welfare and to happily reintroduce mother and baby homes because nothing bad happened in them according to yourself and the inmates were happy to be there.

Gems is mentally together enough to avoid being arrested so far, but the various civil cases taken against her that you were provided with might not go her way.

Funny also that when Jimmy Guerin said that he would question her when presenting herself to Fingal cc as part of her presidential run she decided not to show up and instead went on to claim that he was involved in criminal activity.

As for your usual ignore her and she'll go away statements, funny again that your only criticism is for people calling her out on being homophobic etc, also the number of people protesting for her at Google would indicate that it's a statement that doesn't hold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

The unnecessary full stops are a familiar posting style. Not sure what I recognise it from but I've seen it on here before.

circadian wrote: »
    The unnecessary full stops are a familiar posting style. Not sure what I recognise it from but I've seen it on here before.

Yes and Gemma is the paranoid one eh!

I would say get out more but given the circumstances!

That's really where you're setting the bar?

Yes why not. If she’s hatemongering then make a complaint to the Gardaí because we have laws here regarding hate speech and incitement to violence that are intended to deal with that.
    But if someone is expressing an opinion that you disagree with and you decide that you are going to shut them up by persistent hate speech of your own then isn’t that:
    A. Hypocritical
    B. Bullying
    Especially if that person clearly has mental health issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Sorry to sound harsh but I want to know if someone was hurt by GO’D and it was a matter of a criminal investigation. Racist abuse and incitement to violence is against the law and if it took place then there would be some kind of record of it. You don’t seem to be able to pin point where someone expressing her opinion spilled over into either of these things.
    Hurt feelings is an entirely different thing. If you are hurt by what someone else has said then you really need to deal with that as it’s part of life and is very difficult to avoid. That’s all really.

So essentially you’re okay with any level of behaviour in society that doesn’t meet the bar of criminal?

In your world there is behaviour that is totally acceptable and behaviour that is criminal and nothing in between?

Yeah, the Google workers, many of whom are non-national, loved having neo-Nazis outside their offices, on megaphones, day after day, for weeks... :rolleyes:

And when the Gardaí came to investigate this complaint of both noise nuisance and hate speech then what happened?

KiKi III wrote: »
    So essentially you’re okay with any level of behaviour in society that doesn’t meet the bar of criminal?

In your world there is behaviour that is totally acceptable and behaviour that is criminal and nothing in between?

In the real world Kiki (my world is the real world) there are rules and laws to protect people from having harm done to them.
    Someone expressing an opinion that you don’t agree with does not mean that you are being harmed. Your feelings or any ones feelings being hurt or offended by someone else’s opinion is not an issue for the person expressing the opinion, it’s an issue for you to learn to deal with it.
    Telling other people that they must be silent because you don’t like what they have to say is not going to be tolerated. You can challenge someone and argue your point, if you can but at the end of the day they are as entitled to their opinion as you are.
    This is not N Korea now or East Germany pre 1989.
    I don’t know what part of that you don’t understand.

I know a number of people who have gone through psychological breakdowns- serious ones. Help is available and I believe her family has tried to get her to avail of it. She’s obviously coherent to a large degree based on her posts, so to some degree this is a choice she is making.

Mental illness is not a one-size-fits-all blanket excuse for poor behaviour.

Gemma has been explicitly racist dozens of times and real harm comes from that. She’s still pushing her anti-vax nonsense amid Covid 19. Why should she be let off the hook?

That’s not to say she shouldn’t get the help she needs. She should.

• Advertisement

In the real world Kiki (my world is the real world) there are rules and laws to protect people from having harm done to them.
    Someone expressing an opinion that you don’t agree with does not mean that you are being harmed. Your feelings or any ones feelings being hurt or offended by someone else’s opinion is not an issue for the person expressing the opinion, it’s an issue for you to learn to deal with it.
    Telling other people that they must be silent because you don’t like what they have to say is not going to be tolerated. You can challenge someone and argue your point, if you can but at the end of the day they are as entitled to their opinion as you are.
    This is not N Korea now or East Germany pre 1989.
    I don’t know what part of that you don’t understand.

Can you see how someone spreading their anti-vax opinion can lead to real-world harm, illness and death?

No country in the world offers absolute freedom of speech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement