Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

klaaaz wrote: »
    Of course you'd get blown away at the seaside! :)

Isn't Dunshaughlin in the N3 direction on higher ground than inland Dublin, hence a little bit windier?

Reached 20.2C here then back down to 19.9C ;), a gentle breeze in a tiny bit of hazy sunshine.

yeah we're about 100m above sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭compsys

A pretty miserable day in Dublin. Cloudy and cool. I wouldn't even call it that humid. At least it doesn't feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Gonzo wrote: »
    yeah we're about 100m above sea level.

I'm at about 70m. Back down to 19.4C since my last post 15min ago :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Met Eireann have revised their temperatures down again for Thursday and Friday (On RTE News Now). They going with a max of 24 for Thursday and 23 for Friday.

On the preview maps for Saturday they have 25C and 25C for Sunday which is clearly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was expecting it to feel warmer when I touched down in Dublin airport !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Fairly cloudy here now after a fairly sunny morning. The highest June temperature of 19.9C was recorded here a sort while ago. It hasn't managed to reach 20 yet this summer. And to think that I recorded 30 last June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Still overcast in Dublin, very disappointing day.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Fairly cloudy here now after a fairly sunny morning. The highest June temperature of 19.9C was recorded here a sort while ago. It hasn't managed to reach 20 yet this summer. And to think that I recorded 30 last June.

Hopefully we will reach 20C+ over the next 3 days. It's bizzare that temperatures especially in east Leinster look barely above average over the next few days despite those very warm uppers. Very strange.

However, I'm feeling more confident about July that we will see 20C+ reached several times in the first half of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

I wonder will Met Eireann revise Sunday to "Wintry Showers" ....might as well make up all sorts of forecasts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

If anyone wants to swap places with me, and finish out my week's work here, let me know and I'll pick you up at Basel airport.

17:45, 36°C and now I've got to walk 2km to the other shops because feckin' Lidl doesn't sell fresh milk. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Still overcast in Dublin, very disappointing day.

started off well enough but now very gray

but this is kinda what was predicted no? might be warm but cloud cover was always a possibility

an utterly crap summer so far

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Very heavy rain in Rathmore, cork Kerry border. Bucketing down last 10 minutes. Rumbles of thunder but haven’t seen any lightning yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

no heatwave in roscommon anyway,

lawred2 wrote: »

but this is kinda what was predicted no? might be warm but cloud cover was always a possibility

What was predicted (yesterday evening at least) was morning mist and fog clearing to give hazy spells of sunshine which happened yesterday but not the case today at all.

There is a world of difference between June 2018 and June 2019 as I showed before in the summer discussion thread.

To put things more into perspective from analysis I just completed on daily max temperature records for Summer 2018, only three days of June 2018 was 20c not achieved somewhere in Ireland whilst 14 of the 30 days successfully reached 25c or more somewhere in the country. Yes, 14 days! We haven't reached even one day this June (up to yesterday at least) with 25c somewhere in Ireland. Haven't kept track of 20c days but I've had none here in my part of Dublin anyway.

Here's the daily max temp records for June 2018.

ATMH7w4.png

Data from Met Éireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Corfu Greece 19.00hrs temp nudging 90 degrees. Absolutely stunning glorious blue sky and sea proper hot proper balmy no stupid clouds, haze or nonsense headlines just proper summer hot weather. Glorious Glorious Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Corfu Greece 19.00hrs temp nudging 90 degrees. Absolutely stunning glorious blue sky and sea proper hot proper balmy no stupid clouds, haze or nonsense headlines just proper summer hot weather. Glorious Glorious Glorious.

90 degrees? Fahrenheit I hope.

22.4c currently with a recent max of 22.6c in West Clare. Partly cloudy with a heavy humid heat. Almost windless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thinly veiled "I'm on holiday" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

JCX BXC wrote: »
    90 degrees? Fahrenheit I hope.

He must be a Yank ;)
    90F is about 32c for all us Irish folk :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Look it
    If clonmel1000 is happy we are all happy
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Down to 17.6C now, cloud got thicker but the breeze is dying down. Met.ie still have "dry with spells of warm sunshine developing through the afternoon and evening" forecast nationwide tomorrow, let's hope it'll put a ray of sunshine on some faces here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thunder lightning and torrential rain here in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Topped out at 18.4C today in Castlebar, a mixture of cloud and sunshine most of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

lawred2 wrote: »

Beautiful day yesterday and today in Galway. In fact apart from Sunday we have had a decent run of fine weather. IMBY

JCX BXC wrote: »
    22.4c currently with a recent max of 22.6c in West Clare. Partly cloudy with a heavy humid heat. Almost windless.

Cloudy again, now 21.4c.

What a disappointment today turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thankfully, tomorrow will be a much sunnier day right across the country (apart from the far southwest) which will allow those temperatures to stretch a bit.

Drab and dreary today really but was warm enough in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

From reading these weather boards, if anyone deserves this, you do (and me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dull and windy in Letterkenny, sun finally starting to break through at least.

Looks like the thunderstorm forecast is, as always, going to disappoint as well, nothing but isolated showers in the weekly forecast now. We're now 41 pages into this 'event' thread for what's been an utterly nondescript week so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

High of 19.9c at my Arklow station despite a strong NE breeze

Advertisement