Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Was expecting it to feel warmer when I touched down in Dublin airport !!!

But it was a lovely evening in the West!!!!
    The slightly downgraded forecast suits me
    I have a lot of outdoor work to do it and will be able to do in shorts and t short but not get fried now
    Will be fair sweaty though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Saturday's June 22nd East-West divide in the country for sunshine hours. The East started off hazy sunshine, then some cloud and then clear skies from lunchtime till night time. Not so much of a East-West divide in temps though.

enso_uk_qau9.png

6RnyP1z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Turned into a beautiful evening in Kildare with a fabulous sunset

DCE24846-92-FB-46-A6-BE89-506-E128213-A1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So the Met Éireann app upgraded it's temperatures a little!

jp9a2t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

klaaaz wrote: »
    Saturday's June 22nd East-West divide in the country for sunshine hours. The East started off hazy sunshine, then some cloud and then clear skies from lunchtime till night time. Not so much of a East-West divide in temps though.

Dublin Airport has seen 110.1 hrs of sun up to June 24th, compare that with 183 hrs in June 2018 up to the 24th (which finished with 268.6 hrs).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lovely evening on Banna beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Gonzo wrote: »
    Today's max temperatures, majority of the country in the mid to high teens with the mid-west just nudging into the 20C.

Today's temperatures in the UK very different from what was predicted up to yesterday. The heat not really making it past the English channel.

txint_uk.png

Our max temperature was at 903PM 21.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nice sunny day with a high of 22.1c today.
    Feels almost like holidays atm ...

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

compsys wrote: »
    This is what I mean. We literally have high pressure right over us and all we’re getting is cloud.

Can the weather experts explain why that happens? Is it because we’re surrounded by the sea? Like I thought high pressure usually meant good weather in summer.

I mean you’d see more sun sometimes between the showers with low pressure right over us.

*sigh*

Am no expert just what i understand. cloud cover trapped under a high pressure is a nightmare to both predict or forecast. Most of the time HP would mean dry and clear conditions but not always. With LP south west creating a upward draft of moisture resulting to dull and cloudy conditions. Thursday HP will nudge closer so we should have a better chance of some warm sunny weather across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thursday the entire country is under thickness values over 570 dm and 850 mb temps approach 20 C so if it can't happen then, it likely won't happen in this spell. (meaning a 29-30 C temperature)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

Folks can someone explain why the yr app is showing max of 22 for dub for Thur and fri?

Do they know something ?

Sounds about right. Wind will be off the cool Irish Sea which will moderate the temperature near the East coast, Dublin included. Pretty much normal during anticyclonic weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Met forecast reigning in temps. For my area anyway.

More of the 19 and 20 rather than the 23 to 25 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

France on Thursday and Friday. Different (French) models.
    Easy to see records tumbling all over the place if this comes off. (Highest ever recorded is 44.1°)

And Trump says it isn't real.

iconeu-41-46-0.png?25-23

arpege-41-76-0.png?25-17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

Those temperatures in northern France are likely to result in fatalities. They're not much more geared up for that heat than we are. I mean most houses don't have air conditioning or anything like that. Summer's reliably hotter than here but not at all extreme.

Hopefully it's not as extreme as that model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Those temperatures in northern France are likely to result in fatalities. They're not much more geared up for that heat than we are.

They'll be okay. Even though few houses have air-con, they all have shutters and that makes a huge difference (as my Irish visitors find out when they ignore my instructions to keep them closed throughout the day :pac: )

Also, the multiple fatalities arising from the heatwave of 2003 really shocked the authorities into getting their act together, so there is a plan canicule already in place (and now activated), with lessons learnt in one part of France easily adaptable to another.

Where I'm working this week, the forecast peak has been brought forwards to this afternoon: 38°C (37° back home, just on the edges of that 40°C zone), then progressively cooler each day till the weekend. Cooler being a relative term, obviously. I reckon all my onions will have bolted by the time I get back. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny start to the day in Waterford City
    Temp 17.9c Humidity 79%

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

those lurid charts have not helped my hay fever induced migraine :eek:

rattling with painkillers and all windows sealed...

a still grey kind of day out here in the wide ocean

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

sdanseo wrote: »
    France on Thursday and Friday. Different (French) models.
    Easy to see records tumbling all over the place if this comes off. (Highest ever recorded is 44.1°)

And Trump says it isn't real.

iconeu-41-46-0.png?25-23

arpege-41-76-0.png?25-17
    I wanna tell you something about Anders Celcius and Daniel Fahrenheit....
    Those guys are losers. Big losers. Fake biographies. Probably Muslim fathers...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

15 degrees and overcast in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭compsys

Another poor morning in Dublin. Again the sun promised in just yesterday’s forecast has gone.

Again, we’ve probably a better chance of sun once the “good” weather goes and low pressure returns.

It’s so frustrating that when you literally have high pressure slap bang over the country the weather can be so poor, in eastern counties at least.

What charts or sites are best for capturing cloud cover? I find ME can be quite poor in situations like these though it’s always a difficult thing to forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Another poor morning in Dublin. Again the sun promised in just yesterday’s forecast has gone.

Again, we’ve probably a better chance of sun once the “good” weather goes and low pressure returns.

It’s so frustrating that when you literally have high pressure slap bang over the country the weather can be so poor, in eastern counties at least.

What charts or sites are best for capturing cloud cover? I find ME can be quite poor in situations like these though it’s always a difficult thing to forecast.

The NW spent much of last years summer under similar gloomy conditions while the rest of the country had the best summer in decades. Maritime climate unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Lovely evening on Banna beach.

My favourite beach in the entire world! Beautiful place you're so lucky to be close to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

https://meteoradar.co.uk/clouds-sun-UK-Ireland is updated every 5 mins . Looks like much of Britain is covered in cloud too. For sun in ireland the south coast and the south west seem to be best placed so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suns currently out in Arklow
    I don't know what ye are doing up the road in Dublin to scare it away

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Dull and overcast in Firhouse near Tallaght. Very disappointing to have such extensive cloud cover, yesterday was exactly the same and no sunshine at all.
    It's not even that warm, only 13 degrees here. What a washout or should I say cloud out.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Dull and overcast in Firhouse near Tallaght. Very disappointing to have such extensive cloud cover, yesterday was exactly the same and no sunshine at all.
    It's not even that warm, only 13 degrees here. What a washout or should I say cloud out.

Keep an eye on that cloud https://meteoradar.co.uk/clouds-sun-UK-Ireland which has been coming in off the Irish sea dissipate in the next couple of hours, thats my prediction at least

Reversal wrote: »
    The NW spent much of last years summer under similar gloomy conditions while the rest of the country had the best summer in decades. Maritime climate unfortunately.

Here in west Mayo we had it hot and clear last summer; roasted. offshore island

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Suns currently out in Arklow
    I don't know what ye are doing up the road in Dublin to scare it away

De durty mountains

My favourite beach in the entire world! Beautiful place you're so lucky to be close to it!

You would love Mayo... google lacken strand

• Advertisement

Does feel like it could burn off. The sun is there breaking through intermittently and it gets very warm quickly.

Could go the opposite way of course and thicken.

Advertisement