Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

14c and thick fog in North Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kutebride wrote: »
    Heading towards the Mayo Atlantic coast next week.

Loveliest place in the whole of Ireland! welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,206 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Very humid in Dublin city. Phone says its only 13 degrees. Feels an awful lot warmer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Definitely feeling of humidity and warmth in Dublin. Warmest morning of the summer easily

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Overcast, warm and humid in cork this morning. Feel like it’s gonna be a warm one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's very muggy and warm here in Limerick this am.

Feels like I'm on hols on the continent just standing at my front door!

16.7 c & really humid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Overcast muck and a cool sea breeze in Brandon Bay, Co. Kerry. Unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Overcast muck and a cool sea breeze in Brandon Bay, Co. Kerry. Unpleasant.

Very overcast and muggy here in north cork near Mallow. Hopefully it will brighten up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Suns came out in Arklow now
    18c
    Breeze very light Northeast

Humidity is only 77% which isn't too bad actually (yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭pauldry

Clammy in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Just after waking up and feeling sticky after it! :cool: Envious of ye all over there in Ireland: temperature here on the Franco-German border hasn't dipped below 20 since Friday morning. :( "Only" 32 yesterday evening but the humidity was desperate.

For those feeling jealous of our continental temperatures, don't forget they're also accompanied by movement restrictions - speed limits reduced by 20km/h on major routes, trains running slower to avoid damaging the tracks, restrictions (or prohibitions) on taking any vehicle with a polluting engine into many towns ... It's not all suntans and tequilas on the beach! :D

Yikes! Those temps at only 10am local time today! :eek:

483542.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sun beating down in DCC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Cool breeze here in East Clare near Cratloe.
    Cloudy...

Was 36.8c in France yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just after waking up and feeling sticky after it! :cool: Envious of ye all over there in Ireland: temperature here on the Franco-German border hasn't dipped below 20 since Friday morning. :( "Only" 32 yesterday evening but the humidity was desperate.

For those feeling jealous of our continental temperatures, don't forget they're also accompanied by movement restrictions - speed limits reduced by 20km/h on major routes, trains running slower to avoid damaging the tracks, restrictions (or prohibitions) on taking any vehicle with a polluting engine into many towns ... It's not all suntans and tequilas on the beach! :D
    Restrictions, why?

Anyway, its 40c here in abu dhabi with a feels like reading of 48c.

I'm home for a few weeks next week so hope those 23-24c readings are accurate. Would certainly help with readjusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

pauldry wrote: »
    Was 36.8c in France yesterday

So what ? I’m sure it was 45 somewhere too if you look hard enough

Their record for June is 41c I think so just observing that they seem to be heading in that general direction of their hottest June day ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Daz_ wrote: »

What the hell is gone wrong here with all the sarcastic remarks to other posters, we had some yesterday as well.

Anyway cool and dull in Galway temp 15 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Daz_ wrote: »

He was responding to a post about morning temperature in France?

• Advertisement

Temperature in Sligo is going to break 20c for the second time in June today.

It was 20.0c in Markree yesterday. 19.8c in Sligo but Sligo will breach 20c too today id say.

Sun beaming and its 17c

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

km79 wrote: »
    He was responding to a post about morning temperature in France?

Oh ok , didn’t realize this was a worldwide weather forum

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

yawny sleepy weather. At least for once the west coast seems as if it may escape extremes... feel free to remind me I said that if it decides to change direction. :eek:

west mayo island

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm hoping to finally break the 20C barrier for the first time this summer today, but with a blanket of cloud i'm not so sure, hopefully will be some decent breaks later on today. Currently 17C, so another 3C rise needed by this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Restrictions, why?

For motor vehicles, it's a pollution control measure. There's virtually no wind at the moment, so all those exhaust fumes hang over the roads/towns. Anywhere that has an environmental protection zone plan is excluding all but the "greenest" vehicles (EVs OK, as are Euro6 diesels and the equivalent petrol, but anyone else is being told to P&R or stay at home.)

As for the trains, especially the TGV, already hot rails can be badly damaged when you add the heat generated by the friction of steel wheels running over them at 300km/h! Or even 100km/h if you're doing that every 5-10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Cloudy in Galway...we will probably end up with just one or two days of sun...thats what usually happens anyway:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

once the warmth pushes away to our east on Saturday, looks much cooler for Sunday and the start of next week with temperatures below average for a few days, then a warming trend again with temperatures going above average from 5th of July, some rather warm conditions may be possible again. The start of July doesn't look too bad, with not much rainfall, compared to June. Definitely signs of the Azores High trying to influence itself close to us.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=0&date=2019-06-25&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm hoping to finally break the 20C barrier for the first time this summer today, but with a blanket of cloud i'm not so sure, hopefully will be some decent breaks later on today. Currently 17C, so another 3C rise needed by this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Once the coolness fades out and cloud cover breaks up it looks much warmer for the rest of the week and the start of the weekend with temperatures touching the high 20s perhaps,maybe even 30 locally in the midwest.

im really looking foward to savouring this balmy humid summery weather.

im so excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just plain, boring, non-descript weather so far today in Dublin 13.

Advertisement