Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Kutebride

pauldry wrote: »
    Their record for June is 41c I think so just observing that they seem to be heading in that general direction of their hottest June day ever.

Think it reached something close when I was there c.2003. Some lightning show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Daz_ wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    He was responding to a post about morning temperature in France?

Oh ok , didn’t realize this was a worldwide weather forum
    You're right. They're a daft lit. Our weather is self-contained within our EEZ and land area.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Where's the heatwave? It's a grey overcast day. Muggy. But horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

Its only "almost" a heatwave.

Currently 17c still in Sligo n people in Jackets but warm

An "Irish" heatwave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Where's the heatwave? It's a grey overcast day. Muggy. But horrible.

What heatwave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a lovely overcast day with a cool breeze, now this is heaven to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There are so many descriptions out there for humidity.....

Muggy, Close, Heavy, Oppressive, Clammy, anyone add to the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Irish cloud cover can be very stubborn. I remember being on a flight to the south of Spain in 2012 during our awful summer- shortly after take off as we broke through the cloud cover a small traveler child announced- ‘Jasus mammy, it’s sunny already’. Always makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Someone said to me earlier "Jaysus,the weather is really down on top of you today".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not really a great day here in Meath, wall to wall cloud, temperatures around 17 to 18C and feeling very muggy. I'm not sure we'll see 20C here today either, maybe tomorrow. Best chances for breaching the 20C barrier will be Thursday and Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Relentlessly cloudy in West Clare.

Sticky, sultry, dead

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GFS temperature predictions: These definitely look undercooked for Thursday and Friday.

Tomorrow looks warm in the western half of the country with temperatures reaching 21 or possibly 22C. More like 17to 20C in Leinster and fresh along the eastern coasts possibly only reaching 14C. (East coastal parts of UK also looking cool).

33-580UK.GIF?25-6

Thursday see's 22 or 23C in western parts and high teens in Leinster. What has happened to the 30C+ over London? These don't look right at all.

57-580UK.GIF?25-6

Friday see's cooler fresher conditions into western and southwestern Ireland and temperatures reaching 20 or 21C over Leinster:

81-580UK.GIF?25-6

Saturday see's temperatures reaching 20 or 21C early on Saturday, but cooler conditions taking over by the evening:

102-580UK.GIF?25-6

Sunday is back to jumpers and jeans with low to mid teens:
    126-580UK.GIF?25-6

Considering the uppers on Thursday and Friday, these temperatures do not look right at all, they are extremely conservative.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

GFS hasn't been right since the so called upgrade a few weeks ago.
    I see it everyday as it is used to generate forecasts using the Wxsim software on my website.
    But in general terms today i see temps forecast for the next few days down on what was being forecast yesterday. This is the case across all the models.

GFS hasn't been right since the so called upgrade a few weeks ago.
    I see it everyday as it is used to generate forecasts using the Wxsim software on my website.
    But in general terms today i see temps forecast for the next few days down on what was being forecast yesterday. This is the case across all the models.

definitely the GFS has been having problems since the new model was introduced, when that model was known as the GFS Parallel, it was also very unreliable with very poor profiles over last winter. I'm still expecting 24 or 25C in parts on Thursday and Friday, maybe a 26C.

But yeah, this warm spell has definitely be downgraded overall from the charts we were looking up to yesterday. Even today is several degrees cooler than what was expected, just average temperatures here today for the time of year.

This is hillarious.

We cant even almost have a heatwave this year.

Down from 27c now to 22c

Ehm......ahemmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hopefully July will have another go though. Im positive about July and August.

Also I see the "Big Freeze" Sundays are continuing. ALL the Sundays in June in Sligo have been freezing and raining. Over 40 percent of our monthly rain has fallen on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently 19c in Arklow with some sun

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

So murky in Dublin at the moment the Bailey lighthouse on Howth head has just sparked up. A cool sea breeze here too, not much of a summer here by the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Complete cloud cover in Galway all day no sun temp 16 degrees

Tabnabs wrote: »
    So murky in Dublin at the moment the Bailey lighthouse on Howth head has just sparked up. A cool sea breeze here too, not much of a summer here by the east coast.

fresher here in Meath too over the past hour with a rather cool breeze, temperature holding at 18C since 12pm. No sunshine at all today either.

• Advertisement

18c now in Sligo 19c in Markree

A reasonable day nonetheless.

Still though this time last year I had swam in the sea 14 times

This year nil...as cold made it too icy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

....with temperatures touching the high 20s perhaps,maybe even 30 locally in the midwest......

Cue much discussion about the position of the Shannon airport weather station!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Lovely afternoon here in West mayo, skies begining to clear, the air is warm and thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Overcast, around 18 degrees and humid in cork city today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Really disappointing today, just an average overcast summer's day in Ireland. Hopefully the next few days can deliver something, we've gone from mid 20s and a chance of some nice thunderstorms in the South to low 20s and no thunderstorms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Its actually quite pleasant here in Arklow and feeling warm out of the breeze

43ddf07bcbc059fbaec60aa18c62b92e.jpg

this spell has certainly been watered down alot, we are already feeling the effects of that now with just average temperatures for today and probably tomorrow. However, after a few cool days from Sunday, things look good into the first and possibly second week of July with mostly dry, settled and warm conditions, nothing terribly hot on the horizon but decent temperatures should occur. July is certainly shaping up to be considerably milder and dryer than this June, let's hope the models stick with this, I've a positive feeling about July.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

" 'Tis down on the ground".

An expression I've heard here in Limerick a few times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Skies have cleared nicely in the last hour. Nice sunshine and 22.2c warmest of the year at my station

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Tabnabs wrote: »

Of course you'd get blown away at the seaside! :)
    Gonzo wrote: »
    fresher here in Meath too over the past hour with a rather cool breeze, temperature holding at 18C since 12pm. No sunshine at all today either.

Isn't Dunshaughlin in the N3 direction on higher ground than inland Dublin, hence a little bit windier?

Reached 20.2C here then back down to 19.9C ;), a gentle breeze in a tiny bit of hazy sunshine.

Advertisement