Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Is this rain coming from the east ?
    It's still dry in Galway bay...

Parts of southern France may hit 41c on Thurs afternoon according to the GFS. Wouldn’t fancy that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Absolutely insane downburst in Dublin city centre at 11am. Henry Street has spot flooding on it.

The news that CB's are building is most welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thunder and Lightening over North County Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,136 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

NATIONAL WARNINGS
    Weather Advisory for Ireland
    Status Yellow - Weather Advisory for Ireland
    There is the risk of heavy thundery downpours, especially over Munster and Leinster which may lead to spot flooding.

Valid: Monday 24 June 2019 12:00 to Monday 24 June 2019 22:00

Issued: Monday 24 June 2019 12:00

Updated: Monday 24 June 2019 12:00

Yellow warning issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Top temperature so far around the country today at Oak Park, Co Carlow 20.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Strikes down near Athy Co Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

Nasty looking shower over Abbeyleix at the moment. Big CBs starting to build to my south west too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful in Arklow
    However looking north towards the Wicklow mountains, theres explosive convection
    Here's my current view of that direction

bf6bf9461f8361f014cff7e68ebd84e3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

just as a good thunderstorm clears the air,hopefully this will diffuse the build up of (the pale) petulance we saw yesterday.

Waaah i want my thunderstorms,folds arms,stomps foot,frowns.poor little me. tut.

thankful for small blessings.

• Advertisement

Lighting up over Wicklow mountains, headed for Dublin area. Probably southwest Dublin most at risk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

starting to brighten up a little bit here in Meath, but still very cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

walled up in out here as the midges are out in force.. we have a bad problem with them out here... very dim and still and oppressive. sleepy weather and clearly something is afoot..

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Got a sight upwards to blue sky in the city centre and there is big heights in the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got to 22.4c in Kilkenny City a short while ago. Nice to see the heat building there, perfect spawning ground for these storms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Danno wrote: »
    Got to 22.4c in Kilkenny City a short while ago. Nice to see the heat building there, perfect spawning ground for these storms.

hopefully it will warm up elsewhere shortly. still only 17C here at Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

LightningMaps.org indicates that Wicklow Mountains National Park is experiencing lightning strikes.

Lighting up over Wicklow mountains, headed for Dublin area. Probably southwest Dublin most at risk.

Looks like s potential mcs to me,I can even hear the rumbles this far south of it
    The photo I posted was an hour ago looking straight at it

Slow moving, potential for spot flooding and high river run off...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Stunning day here in Waterford City. Sunny skies with just some fair weather Cumulus clouds. Max Temp so far 21.8c, obviously a year high.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Wish it would move a bit closer to greystones. Just out of range by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Hearing thunder in Kildare now.

Slow moving, potential for spot flooding and high river run off...

Heres another view of that storm over the Wicklow mountains as seen from Arklow

5e0e8554cd3359dd2af7136764dbec22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Rain today radar showing some extreme returns in that wicklow cell. Sat showing round top to it . If it keeps growing parts of Dublin will get some serious rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Quote a rumble down in greystones just there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bucketing down here in Roundwood. Lots of thunder around.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Hearing rumbles of thunder here in Firhouse near Tallaght reckon it's that one Mortelaro said is on the way.
    Very dark and humid, not a breath of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

South east Europe looks like they are having crazy thunderstorms.

Hearing rumbles of thunder here in Firhouse near Tallaght reckon it's that one Mortelaro said is on the way.
    Very dark and humid, not a breath of wind.

Yup I'd put the washing in and give the dogs some valium for this one when it reaches the Tallaght area or somewhere in Southwest or south Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

It´s going to get up to 40 degrees here in Granada this week. I´m bracing myself!

Advertisement