Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well if you stop at your thighs you'll be going around with a big white arse, that's why I do it. Continuity purposes. Makes it look more "natural" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well if you stop at your thighs you'll be going around with a big white arse, that's why I do it. Continuity purposes. Makes it look more "natural" :pac:

but who would be seeing said arse that would even care? It is not like you are flashing your arse to all and sundry. You're not, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

TA that girls fake tan their arses these days!

It would be their thighs, moreso I would have thought? Wearing short skirt, thighs have to be done too!

Don't wear fake tan myself so not an expert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It would be their thighs, moreso I would have thought?

Depends on the size of the arse I suppose? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

but who would be seeing said arse that would even care? It is not like you are flashing your arse to all and sundry. You're not, right?

It just looks stupid, I don't always do it but when I don't the sight of it ends up annoying me. It just looks ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, I suppose there is a reason why they're using fake tan on their backsides... isn't that whole general area called "where the sun doesn't shine"? No sun, no tan, see? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

I like to slather fake tan all over me arse til I'm like Ross out of friends. Makes me feel exotic....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've a couple of semi-related TAs.

Old Drivers.

I was in Nexttownover during the week when the old guy (guessing early 70s) in the entry level 5 series in front of me drove right out into a roundabout before emergency stopping when he saw the van on his right. At least the guy in the van was paying attention or else he would have been T-boned.

Further down the road someone indicated then stopped to parallel park. The old guy again reacted to this with an emergency stop and almost running into the back of him.

When we got to the next roundabout, he took the right lane. Well, I say he took the right lane - about a fifth of his car was in my lane. Which as it turns out, should have been his lane too, but it's kind of non-standard though clearly marked on the road. Anyway, there was room for me to wait beside him but I'm glad I didn't, because when he took off, he cut right across my lane before going back into his. Before exiting the roundabout he cut back into my lane without indicating.

Later I saw a woman who was probably in her mid 70s stopped in the middle of the road. It turns out she was waiting for some lady in an Almeria to leave a parking space so she could park there. Would have been a tight squeeze for her Quasqhai+2, but I didn't see what happened because when I went out of sight she was still holding up one side of Main Street.

The last lady I'm ranting about was probably in her 80s. She parallel parked a Yaris in a handicapped spot in one go. Mind you, she needed the whole width of the street to do it, almost mounted the far kerb, and never once checked her blind spots. You could have hidden a bull elephant (or a mammy with a pram) from her mirrors. Also didn't have a handicapped sticker.

I'm kind of sympathetic to old people and their car being a life saving bit of independence, but I also like not being held up and/or being in an accident because of them.

Rant two - Short drivers.

I was stuck behind a Waterford reg van the same day who was hogging the overtaking lane (do all Waterford people do that, or do I have observation bias) while some guy in a 3 series was tailgating me. He was so short the only reason his nose was over the steering wheel was because he was driving with his nose in the air. Seriously! If he checked his blind spot, how much could he actually see? The shoulder of the chair was higher than his eye line. His eye line was barely higher than the sill of the side windows. How much could he actually see? And if his airbag goes off I think he's mostly getting it in the teeth.

I think we need mandatory booster seats for short people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Holy rip off, Batman!

I was just doing some online shopping and found what I wanted available to reserve and collect for a good price, but did some price comparison just in case. It was €400 more expensive at a leading chemist that also has an online store! FOUR HUNDRED! yellandsell.ie only had an inferior model but they were €100 more expensive.

For fairness sake I'll add that yellandsell.ie saved me €80 on my last microwave, so it's not all overpriced inferior crap that they sell, and that other site probably has good deals on other items, but it shows how important shopping around is....

Grunt at yer happiness.
    I have this savage metallic taste in my mouth that I cant get rid of. The cheesecake I had earlier was wasted on me.

My first symptom of pregnancy was always a strong metallic taste in my mouth , before any other sign , should you do a test ? ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

This morning I parked the car and walked up the town, went into Argos to buy something and realised I'd left my bank card in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA when I last post I had another TA and couldn't remember it. I looked in the mirror and remembered it only too well. Ever since I got my hair cut differently it is not sitting right on my head at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My first symptom of pregnancy was always a strong metallic taste in my mouth , before any other sign , should you do a test ? ;);)

Ah jesus no. How will I explain that to Mrs Happy?

Ah jesus no. How will I explain that to Mrs Happy?

:D:D:D

Maybe it's sympathy metallic taste? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA when I last post I had another TA and couldn't remember it. I looked in the mirror and remembered it only too well. Ever since I got my hair cut differently it is not sitting right on my head at all :(

Ta'd cork city doesn't have an argos anymore, the nearest one is blackpool or mahon now :'(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think I sprained my finger from opening the hot water bottle last night. Been sore all day:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Specks of grey are starting to show in my facial hair.

At least it gives me an excuse to stay clean shaven I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's currently a very annoying Aldi ad on nearly every ad break with a couple from Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

There's currently a very annoying Aldi ad on nearly every ad break with a couple from Cavan.

Who watches ad breaks anymore?? There's no need to Fresh. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TA that every time I go to the vet, my pet pooch delightedly steps on the weighing scales without being asked to ... muggins here then fields off questions about her weight gain while poochie smiles away! She really is one smart cookie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People not giving you a chance to pack your shopping.

In Tesco,using self scan.And 2 people ready to punce.Moving the basket and inching over.Just as well i was nearly packed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Regina Doherty.

I don't believe a word that comes out her mouth.

She gives off this vibe that if you ever had to deal with her she'd be an entitled pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mary Mitchell O'Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The dope who parallel parked beside me today in a town and opened her car door hitting mine with a thud.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

RMAOK wrote: »
    Mary Mitchell O'Connor

I wouldn't slag her off. She's lethal with a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA the water will be turned off all day tomorrow to facilitate work on the mains up the road.

TA that I was going to clean the floors tomorrow but because of the water being cut off decided to get that job done this evening instead. And low and behold a visitor shows up unannounced and stayed til late. I've just put the steam cleaner away.

Ah well, better fill the saucepans up with water and the iron and drag my carcass off to my sleeping quarters.

TA, I feel like Cinderella.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I think we need mandatory booster seats for short people.

At a measly 5’2, I’d be highly TA’d if this was a thing :pac:

My TA, the internet is down for some reason, which means no more Netflix on the PlayStation, and I hate watching Netflix on my phone (first world problems, I know :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA someone showing you a 5-10 minute excruciatingly unfunny video they think is funny, watching for your reaction. cue fake snorty laugh and half smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Some idiot in front of me this morning driving at 30 in a 50 zone. OK fair enough it isn't a target but some of us have to get to work. He also couldn't even manage to stay in his lane, and straddled the bus lane the entire way down this particular road. Further on, he exited into the left filter lane and then put on his left indicator. Whenever we came to lights, he would come to a complete stop about 20 metres away from them and then while they were red, do that 1st gear slow creep towards them.

Everyone gives out about speed but sometimes dangerous drivers are the slow, unpredictable ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA Facebook showing me pro fg adds, when I deleted it, it asked me why and the selection of answers to this doesn't even start to cover my reasons.
    I would expect that that kind of feedback would be monitored and I can't give honest reason.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement