Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Antares35 wrote: »
    Some idiot in front of me this morning driving at 30 in a 50 zone. OK fair enough it isn't a target but some of us have to get to work. He also couldn't even manage to stay in his lane, and straddled the bus lane the entire way down this particular road. Further on, he exited into the left filter lane and then put on his left indicator. Whenever we came to lights, he would come to a complete stop about 20 metres away from them and then while they were red, do that 1st gear slow creep towards them.

Everyone gives out about speed but sometimes dangerous drivers are the slow, unpredictable ones.

I had a fella in front of me this morning going 55 in 100km straight stretch of road. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sardonicat wrote: »
    TA the water will be turned off all day tomorrow to facilitate work on the mains up the road.

TA that I was going to clean the floors tomorrow but because of the water being cut off decided to get that job done this evening instead. And low and behold a visitor shows up unannounced and stayed til late. I've just put the steam cleaner away.

Ah well, better fill the saucepans up with water and the iron and drag my carcass off to my sleeping quarters.

TA, I feel like Cinderella.

Hmmmm, are we neighbours ?:)
    Our water is also off all day today. TA at people who boil a full kettle of water for one mug of tea.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a scandal that we don't have recycling bins in the canteen at work (thank you, people who used to bring in their own recycling from home :mad:), but it really galls me that when people dump the milk cartons in the normal bin they don't even bother to squish them! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Farm gate gave away the brown soda bread I phoned in for order yesterday 😾 and my leap card is broken 😾 also chuggers getting up in my face, get out of face ya clown 😾

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am on a call with some lad who has a real droning complainey moaney voice. Have a sore ear listening to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am on a call with some lad who has a real droning complainey moaney voice. Have a sore ear listening to him.

Seinfeld syndrome, sill can't watch it today --- that voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Farm gate gave away the brown soda bread I phoned in for order yesterday �� and my leap card is broken �� also chuggers getting up in my face, get out of face ya clown ��

Eugh chuggers. Passive aggressive morons. I do my best blank face when walking past them and just ignore them, but they will still have to shout some kind of saccharine sweet comment like, "no worries thanks!" or "have a nice day!". I'll have whatever kind of f*cking day I want :o

TA my pregnancy hormones are all over the place. I keep getting outraged at really stupid things (latest being a delayed pet food order ffs) and then I complain and become one of those complainy people I despise, and am filled with deep self-loathing when the company invariably comes back offering a goodwill gesture or whatever. Hurry up May! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Got two large slices of pizza at lunch time at the market near work... The lady kindly sliced the two into four manageable pieces on a paper plate. Since it was pissing rain, the market was housed in the car park but then the sun decided to appear. Happily scoffing the first slice, I innocently strolled outside to enjoy the unusual golden ball in the sky and tuck into the remaining 3 pieces when a fcuking gust of wind managed to knock the remaining three out of my hand and onto the ground. Sorry for the littering....

I didn't even get to taste the pepperoni....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Decided to do my park workout on my walk home from work today as the pm will peaceless.
    As I had been vomited on at work(not that unusual), I had a shower and washed my hair for a special meeting Im having later in the week.

Yup, you guessed it, heavy drizzle throughout, which means my hair will be all flyaway just when it should be settling back.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Be right back

2 tills open in Zara with a fairly large queue when one of the till operators decides to start tidying up the till area and putting back clothes etc, leaving one on the till, who had to then call for someone to open a till. After several minutes, original till operator reopened hers!

Bredabe wrote: »
    Decided to do my park workout on my walk home from work today as the pm will peaceless.
    As I had been vomited on at work(not that unusual), I had a shower and washed my hair for a special meeting Im having later in the week.

Yup, you guessed it, heavy drizzle throughout, which means my hair will be all flyaway just when it should be settling back.

TA that someone vomited in your hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

2 tills open in Zara with a fairly large queue when one of the till operators decides to start tidying up the till area and putting back clothes etc, leaving one on the till, who had to then call for someone to open a till. After several minutes, original till operator reopened hers!

Limerick by any chance?

Limerick by any chance?

No, Mahon point!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TA'd at people in ones and twos going straight for a four-person table in our favourite cafe, when there are plenty of smaller empty tables about, meaning me and family have to shuffle on somewhere else.

Lethargy is a

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA'd at people in ones and twos going straight for a four-person table in our favourite cafe, when there are plenty of smaller empty tables about, meaning me and family have to shuffle on somewhere else.

There's a lot be said for, please wait to be seated, signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Virgin media.

Useless doesn’t even begin to describe them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know people on Boards generally hate election posters.
    However I'm getting tired of all these sponsored ad's on social media and one's fighting with one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I asked my boyfriend would he clean up after dinner because I was too tired. “But I made it”, he says.

“We got a takeaway”, says i.

“Yeah but i made the phone call..”

Wow. Levels of pettiness I aspire to.

• Advertisement

My parents spend a good chunk of their lives abroad. Fair play, they've worked hard etc. But for Gods sake stop calling me g** eyed at 11 at night when you come back from the pub/ restaurant. I'm up at 5 30 and therefore in bed by 10. We are not all on holiday mode! They seem to go into some kind of time warp when they are away and think everyone is on Spanish beachy time :(

To counter this, tonight I said I'd call them at 9. No answer of course as they were probably still out. Two hours later they are presumably back in and my phone rings :(

Thunderstruck getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds of the greatest 90's song. People have inferior tastes in music:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thunderstruck getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds of the greatest 90's song. People have inferior tastes in music:p

TA is I didn't know there was a greatest 90's song thread !!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thunderstruck getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds of the greatest 90's song. People have inferior tastes in music

TA I never got a chance to look at that.

Still plenty of time to get involved and vote in the reveal thread.

Friday should be a nice soft workday for me. TA that my colleagues don’t seem to realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA that every year without fail ,around this time and sometimes later, I spot a snakey Christmas decoration that escaped being packed away.

TA at the extremely vivid dreams I am having every night that stay with me for the day. Sometimes it is like deja vu , I have a dream about a location that may or may not even exist in real life and when I wake up I know I have been there in a dream before. It has gotten to the stage where I struggle to remember did something really happen or did I dream it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Family weddings, bridezillas, two faced cousins, and unwanted drama. Not so much a TA but a very very massive A that is creeping into every area of my life. Its so overwhelming.
    I'm so close to just backing out of the wedding party altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who take all the reduced stuff.Was in Tesco the other night,and some man took all the chickens from the reduced section.And loads of other stuff.

Got the lovely lamb casserole before him though.

• Advertisement

Some dip**** in work left the fridge door open and now my lunch is warm :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement