Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Not as bad as people saying "I feel like" when they mean "I think".

As in "I feel like this sushi is really nice"

Or "I want to say" instead of "I think", for example you ask them "how old is so and so?" and the reply is "I wanna say 35". So do you think that or just want to say that. Fcuk off.

Canadians use it in every second sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA at parents who want to give their kids a day off from school because of the weather..... and these are parents of teenagers.

All because they either don't want to drive in it or their poor little angels will get all wet.....

When I was in Primary 7 (6th class) our teacher brought us to a theme park for our school trip, and the weather was like this. I'll never forget it. It was the best fun I ever had at the time. Absolutely wringing, but none of us gave a sh*te. When it was time to go we wanted to stay longer!

Nowadays it's a "disgrace" if a school is even so much as open during weather like this

F*ckin give over. Your kids aren't made of f*cking glass.
    The parents would probably sue if the kids got wet. Everything is someone else's fault these days. TA when you're stopped at the lights and cars in front start to creep forward while the lights are still red. Like just randomly the car in front will move 6 inches ahead then stop again, while the lights are still red. I am not going to play this silly game!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,313 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you tell somebody you don't like something and they don't give up trying to win your around!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA at people complaining they didn't get 'enough storm'.

And yes, it's a pain when your electricity goes off, but spare a thought for the ESB workers who do their damnedest to restore it.
    A few hours with a candle or a torch won't kill you. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

TA at people complaining they didn't get 'enough storm'.

In fairness, Storm Brendan was literally a damp squid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jamieeeee

Have deja vu and it's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When people don't clip open the little stitch at the bottom of a split in a coat. It looks ridiculous and so clearly wrong. Do they think this stupid gash in the coat was the intention of the designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,225 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd at people who use the phrase "damp squid" when they mean "damp squib"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

TA'd at people who use the phrase "literally" when they mean "figuratively"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Losing the will...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I have a few TAs today.
    - Not having a dishwasher. And when people who have one don't use it. Idiots.
    - A mouse in our house that is too clever for traps.
    - Nothing but rain, rain, and more rain for the past week (and some hail for good measure). So sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Over ripe fruit. And no other food here for me to eat. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's bin day. I hate bin day. I especially hate bin day when it's wet, like today, and I have to touch the wet bins. And TA that my robbing refuse collection company makes you have a minimum balance of €30 AND charge a standard lift charge of €12 (soon to be €13) per collection. One or the other I understand but both is a p1sstake. It means that no matter how diligently I recycle and sort my waste, it's gonna cost me €20 a month to have my bins collected. If I fired everything into the general waste bin it would work out the same.

Flecking slimey wet bins and overpriced waste disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Adverts using classic films as a baseline.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's bin day. I hate bin day. I especially hate bin day when it's wet, like today, and I have to touch the wet bins. And TA that my robbing refuse collection company makes you have a minimum balance of €30 AND charge a standard lift charge of €12 (soon to be €13) per collection. One or the other I understand but both is a p1sstake. It means that no matter how diligently I recycle and sort my waste, it's gonna cost me €20 a month to have my bins collected. If I fired everything into the general waste bin it would work out the same.

Flecking slimey wet bins and overpriced waste disposal.

Yep, same here where it's €13.50 per general waste lift, €6.50 for recycling and €2.00 for food waste. Then there is a €0.92 a week eTAG service charge irregardless whether your bin goes out or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

When people start a new thread to have a little rant about something minor that irritates them instead of posting it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When you tell somebody you don't like something and they don't give up trying to win your around!
    See the steak thread for an example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Over ripe fruit. And no other food here for me to eat. Eugh.

I hear ya. I squeezed an avocado earlier to see if it was ripe. It certainly was. As I discovered when it exploded in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Feeling awkward, online even.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was in slow moving traffic earlier and my windows were full of condensation so I rolled down the passenger window to clear it. Just as I did that I clocked eyes with someone I used to go out with, he was walking on the path beside me. He thought I was rolling down the window in order to speak to him so he came over and started talking to me. Awkward small talk and disingenuous exchange of pleasantries ensued.
    Ground swallow me moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I was in slow moving traffic earlier and my windows were full of condensation so I rolled down the passenger window to clear it. Just as I did that I clocked eyes with someone I used to go out with, he was walking on the path beside me. He thought I was rolling down the window in order to speak to him so he came over and started talking to me. Awkward small talk and disingenuous exchange of pleasantries ensued.

Use your A/C (if you have it) and you'll never run into this issue again :pac:

If you don't have A/C, make sure to use the non-recirculating air in the car, and you shouldn't have unwanted condensation/unwanted conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 30,313 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was walking home from work this evening and there was a queue of traffic. Suddenly I noticed a car window roll down and it was my ex and she started making pointless small talk with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Could have been worse, you might have been opening the window as you'd just let a particularly nasty f@rt

Boards is bringing me to the most recent post in threads I follow rather than where I left off last time I was reading. So now I've lost my place. Also it's not letting me into threads unless there's a new post. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Loosing the Legacy setting, I miss the tabs on top, usually when I default to one of my usual forums it reverts back to the old style, it ain't doing it anymore. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Boards is bringing me to the most recent post in threads I follow rather than where I left off last time I was reading. So now I've lost my place. Also it's not letting me into threads unless there's a new post. :(

Happening me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I didn't know it could do that. Always has taken me to latest post. :/

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I didn't know it could do that. Always has taken me to latest post. :/

Either did I! It's broken!!! Why oh why oh why!!! If this keeps up I might have to actually go and do something productive with my time! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm getting - an invalid redirect something something , and can't get into some threads at all :(

ETA,

Obviously not this thread though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Morto!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement