Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

My TA is that we risk having the ICRR going under within days (rescue helicopter service in Cork). I can't get over how they have made appeals to raise 400k but haven't even yet reached 12k!!!!

You often see people setting up Go Fund Me pages for very trivial things and easily reaching their targets but a community air ambulance service is being snubbed by the public!?! I just can't understand it. This is a service that people were crying out for and now that they have it and it needs their support, they are nowhere to be seen.

I've submitted by donation and I really hope more people will start donating. It's a service you hope you or your loved ones will never need but it's good to have just in case.

They have already saved in excess of 200 lives since they went operational in July of last year.

great service shelly, maybe people don't know about the fundraising.
    found the donate page

TA that ringing Joe seems to be the only way to highlight a lot of issues....;)

My other TA - staycations...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Be right back

Thunderstruck getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds of the greatest 90's song. People have inferior tastes in music:p

TA that it's 30 years old. Feel old!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA that it's 30 years old. Feel old!

It's older than me :D but not by much

It's older than me :D but not by much

TA that mustang shelly is younger than me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And me:mad::D

• Advertisement

Well that depends on her definition of 'not by much'. Mustang Shelly might consider 30 years not much for all we know.

In conclusion. We're all young.. it's totally fine! 😛

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I bet she's lying. Look at her, with her orange fur, whiskers, a passion for lasagna and a hatred of Mondays... *glares*

glare-cat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Idiot Irish football supporters who travel to games in England and display the tricolor over hoarding in the stadium with say the name of some English team stitched on the flag "Man U" "Spurs" or some nonsense.

I die a little when I see the Irish tricolor at Premier league games in such manner. It should be made a criminal offense to muddy the tricolor with some scummy football team name.

In fact this is not trivial. It is a damn serious annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    I bet she's lying. Look at her, with her orange fur, whiskers, a passion for lasagna and a hatred of Mondays... *glares*

glare-cat.png

What,Mustang Shelly is Garfield.:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Look at her avatar... *glares again*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Home wrote: »

TA that Newie now has me salivating at the thought of lasagna and I won't be getting any :(

**Come on happy thoughts of steak

See? SEEEEEEEEEE????? Toldya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

a migraine has ruined my plans for this weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When people refer to the college they went to as their"collage". Probably pretty safe to assume they didn't come out of it with a First.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Idiot Irish football supporters who travel to games in England and display the tricolor over hoarding in the stadium with say the name of some English team stitched on the flag "Man U" "Spurs" or some nonsense.

I die a little when I see the Irish tricolor at Premier league games in such manner. It should be made a criminal offense to muddy the tricolor with some scummy football team name.

In fact this is not trivial. It is a damn serious annoyance.

Not sure you’d see too many “tricolours” displayed at Man U games these days.

Their Irish “fanbase” has pretty much deserted them over the last few years. Coincidently, League of Ireland attendances have exploded in the same timeframe as United being shíte.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Not sure you’d see too many “tricolours” displayed at Man U games these days.

Their Irish “fanbase” has pretty much deserted them over the last few years. Coincidently, League of Ireland attendances have exploded in the same timeframe as United being shíte.

I think it was Spurs and Middlesborough game earlier in the week on TV and there was a tricolor at the half way line over a hoarding (great tickets) which pretty much meant it was constantly in vision.

Great to hear LOI attendances rocketing. I spent many a good Sunday morning in "The Shed" at Turner's Cross and believe or not a few games at Flower Lodge in my very young days. My father still goes at least once a month. Then again he would go to a letter opening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Family weddings, bridezillas, two faced cousins, and unwanted drama. Not so much a TA but a very very massive A that is creeping into every area of my life. Its so overwhelming.
    I'm so close to just backing out of the wedding party altogether.

See this why I only go to siblings weddings :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Great to hear LOI attendances rocketing. I spent many a good Sunday morning in "The Shed" at Turner's Cross and believe or not a few games at Flower Lodge in my very young days. My father still goes at least once a month. Then again he would go to a letter opening.

It’s great.

I just worry that all the chief executives slapping themselves on the back for all their “shrewd” marketing will be in vain once United start winning again, maybe in 8-10 years time, attendances will drop, the jerseys will go back on and the pubs will be full on Sunday afternoons once more.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Not sure you’d see too many “tricolours†displayed at Man U games these days.

Their Irish “fanbase†has pretty much deserted them over the last few years. Coincidently, League of Ireland attendances have exploded in the same timeframe as United being shíte.

Cool story...

Well that depends on her definition of 'not by much'. Mustang Shelly might consider 30 years not much for all we know.

In conclusion. We're all young.. it's totally fine! 😛

At heart, anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Being texted by Bord Gas this evening to remind me to pay a bill that isn't due until January 23th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A poster posted he got his dsss? certificate.i googled it and now keep getting ads for sss training

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you can't motivate yourself to do a simple task!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

when your mind won't shut off at night, enough to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Me all week: ugh, how can it be time to get up! my eyes are stuck together... so tired, just five more minutes, ugh... can’t wait for the weekend, I’ll have a proper sleep...

Me this morning: awake a 6:40 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Daytime zombie, nighttime wide awake :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The one morning that I am able to have a snooze fest is the one morning I wake with the birds...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

The dopes who walk around the changing room in the leisure centre balls naked.....cover up you inbred pig there are young girls around the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

gifted wrote: »
    The dopes who walk around the changing room in the leisure centre balls naked.....cover up you inbred pig there are young girls around the place...

Have the same problem when I take our kid to swimming lessons. Luckily my kid is a boy so it's less bad but still...seeing mens bums and bits on a Saturday morning is not good!
    A few ladies might just disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Have the same problem when I take our kid to swimming lessons. Luckily my kid is a boy so it's less bad but still...seeing mens bums and bits on a Saturday morning is not good!
    A few ladies might just disagree.

From the opposite view point, it used to freak me out when there'd be boys about 10 staring you out of it when you'd be changing!!

I'm purebred Irish so all drying and dressing happened under the towel, so they saw nothing!!!

The annoying part was, this particular gym had under 17's changing rooms, they also had separate family changing rooms, so there was absolutely no need for any children regardless of gender to be in the main changing area.

I appreciate not every gym is like that so abit of cop on goes a long way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement