Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

My lunch was unexpectedly spicy and now I have hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

From the opposite view point, it used to freak me out when there'd be boys about 10 staring you out of it when you'd be changing!!

I'm purebred Irish so all drying and dressing happened under the towel, so they saw nothing!!!

The annoying part was, this particular gym had under 17's changing rooms, they also had separate family changing rooms, so there was absolutely no need for any children regardless of gender to be in the main changing area.

I appreciate not every gym is like that so abit of cop on goes a long way!

We have a kids dressing room too but showers are shared with the adults. And the showers tend to be the naked man issue. Walk bollock naked from their dressing room to the showers and back again!
    I will take some pics next time and send them on to you. Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We have a kids dressing room too but showers are shared with the adults. And the showers tend to be the naked man issue. Walk bollock naked from their dressing room to the showers and back again!
    I will take some pics next time and send them on to you. Maybe not.

Actually yeah the showers for the main dressing room /family room were shared, but they were individual cubicles with a screen or curtain.

The under 17's were separate rooms in separate part of the building so was never in them, presumably they had own showers etc.

It's abit of a minefield really!

Oh and yeah, no need for pictures 🀮 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People losing their shlt over human bodies without clothes in changing rooms.
    Get over it, children or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA nobody fawns over my naked body.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA nobody fawns over my naked body.

That's because they see you and they faint, Ted. That's the effect you have on people...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

I hate when people borrow stuff and forget to return am annoyed that my sister borrowed the harry potter book set from me maybe four years ago for her kid, my youngest is now hoping to read them and she has forgotten that they were borrowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Swimming is it ?

TA that some posters here dont know that swimming is a cruel and unusual form of torture that was banned by the UN years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gifted wrote: »
    Like getting your tackle out over right little girls do ya?.....muppet

Parents regularly parade their children around changing rooms naked.
    I see no reason why children need be spared the sight of naked adults in appropriate settings like changing rooms.
    The gym I used to go to didn't have doors to the showers. Am I expected to shower with my jocks on? ....... numpty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Parents regularly parade their children around changing rooms naked.
    I see no reason why children need be spared the sight of naked adults in appropriate settings like changing rooms.
    The gym I used to go to didn't have doors to the showers. Am I expected to shower with my jocks on? ....... numpty

So you'd drop your pants at home in front of your niece, neighbours daughter etc..strangers daughter...or because your in a gym it gives you then ok.... there's a list for people like you;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gifted wrote: »
    So you'd drop your pants at home in front of your niece, neighbours daughter etc..strangers daughter...or because your in a gym it gives you then ok.... there's a list for people like you;)

mod

I think you might be taking an extreme view on the beer revolu's comments.

It is to be expected that there be naked people in a changing room, not someone's living room. I'm sure you are aware and mitigate against this with your family.

Let's not get dragged into a heated debate on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    mod

I think you might be taking an extreme view on the beer revolu's comments.

It is to be expected that there be naked people in a changing room, not someone's living room. I'm sure you are aware and mitigate against this with your family.

Let's not get dragged into a heated debate on this.

Apologies Ted....I'll stop commenting on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at feeling like someone’s losing interest/not knowing how someone feels towards you and wondering if you’re picking up on signs that are there or if it’s my stupid anxious brain talking shít to me and making me think things that aren’t true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA the use of the shortened "legit" usually by teens and those in their early twenties, mostly female. For example, "oh my god did you see those tickets have gone on sale. Like, I legit lost my mind when I saw that". In fact even if she "legitimately" lost her (vacuous) mind, its probably still annoying, in this case "legitimately" being the new "literally".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

not having tracking on a parcel from Amazon, i wanna know where my parcel is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭thomil

not having tracking on a parcel from Amazon, i wanna know where my parcel is!

Tell me about it! That drove me crazy last week. By the way, is it just me, or is Amazon getting worse and worse from a delivery point of view?

TA'd at still having to deal with that bloody bug I caught late last year. I'm coughing like a chainsmoker at the moment...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People losing their shlt over human bodies without clothes in changing rooms.
    Get over it, children or not.

Kids are oblivious to it tbh. It is only the adults with the hangups

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The use of the word 'dropping' in relation to a new product launching, i.e 'New summer collection, dropping this Friday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People saying "them's the rules". Also saying "sat" when they mean "sitting". E.g "I was just sat there minding my own business". Blatant misuse of English! Deliberately saying "then" instead of "than" e.g. "it costs more then it used to". Oh god just people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The misspelling of the word 'trivially'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lingering on my first coffee of the day. I may well enjoy it because I've run out of milk.

I made the mistake of clicking on some daily quiz and now there's quizzes showing up in my feed all the time. They always say things like 'the most difficult questions imaginable!' and '95% of people couldn't answer a single question correctly'.

Then the questions are practically:
    Which of these is the first letter of the alphabet?
    A. A
    B. Z
    C. P
    D. T

Or like:
    Where does a goldfish live?
    A. A radiator
    B. A car engine
    C. A fish tank.
    D. A shoe.

Ok maybe those are made up but seriously if 95% of people can't pass these things we're all fecked. But of course they can and it's all lies and I'm the idiot for clicking on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When someones birthday goes on for nearly a month. The build up, the event, the aftermath, and milking it dry. Now fair enough if you're 18 or 21, but fcuk sake, 33 has no significance. Cop yourself on. It's the attention it craves I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Antares35 wrote: »
    People saying "them's the rules". Also saying "sat" when they mean "sitting". E.g "I was just sat there minding my own business". Blatant misuse of English! Deliberately saying "then" instead of "than" e.g. "it costs more then it used to". Oh god just people.

It's creeping in here from people watching those brain rotting soaps every night.
    "We was sat in the Vic innit"
    It wont be long til I hear someone say "put kettle on"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

People who are late for the cinema, twats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I made the mistake of clicking on some daily quiz and now there's quizzes showing up in my feed all the time. They always say things like 'the most difficult questions imaginable!' and '95% of people couldn't answer a single question correctly'.

Then the questions are practically:
    Which of these is the first letter of the alphabet?
    A. A
    B. Z
    C. P
    D. T

Or like:
    Where does a goldfish live?
    A. A radiator
    B. A car engine
    C. A fish tank.
    D. A shoe.

Ok maybe those are made up but seriously if 95% of people can't pass these things we're all fecked. But of course they can and it's all lies and I'm the idiot for clicking on them.

Well of course anyone with half a brain could them.........

T and car engine.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No, Mahon point!

They're the same all over the place so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Saracens not getting dumped out of the Heineken Cup pool stages, the doorty cheats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Saracens not getting dumped out of the Heineken Cup pool stages, the doorty cheats.

But...on the other hand .. they could spank Leinster in the QF .... should be in the TH thread I guess :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

But...on the other hand .. they could spank Leinster in the QF .... should be in the TH thread I guess :D

A) not going to happen and B) who hurt you that you would rather see Sarries beat *anyone*?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement