Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

No wait.. did you mean it Nevers takes you back to where you finished reading but skips to the most recent post?? I don't think that's right. If you finished reading on page 14 of 20, for example, it should bring you back to 14 next time you go into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

No wait.. did you mean it Nevers takes you back to where you finished reading but skips to the most recent post?? I don't think that's right. If you finished reading on page 14 of 20, for example, it should bring you back to 14 next time you go into it.

How are you doing this? It always takes me to last post.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm getting - an invalid redirect something something , and can't get into some threads at all :(

Yeah that's whats happening me, unless there's a new post. The only way I could get in was by clicking on the name of the latest poster and then clicking on their posts and then selecting the one in that thread, if you get me!

Deja Boo wrote: »

So do you have to go searching every time for where you left off? That would wreck my head! I don't think it's a setting or anything.. it's just always done that for me. Until this dark day!

A few times when I checked my stats (to see if I posted in a thread)....... It shows me threads I never even seen before (nor posted in)... the glitch is an odd one this time.

• Advertisement

So do you have to go searching every time for where you left off? That would wreck my head! I don't think it's a setting or anything.. it's just always done that for me. Until this dark day!

Yes, it never takes me back to where i left off... Always had to click all the back pages to catch up... is tedious, so I don't keep up with wherers thread very well.

Your way sounds ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I normally use Chrome for Boards.. but when I click on a thread..it asks me do I want to open the Twitter link! with chrome or the Twitter app.... Firefox works perfectly.....it's just since the "fix" this morning... weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭HBC08

Dis, Dat, Dees and Doughs

Dats the way dee TH go-wizz :pac:

Every time I hear an English person pronounce 6th as 'sikth' I die a little inside.

Ditto,every time I hear that I get a little bit sikth in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for when people deliberately try to wind you up when it's obvious to everyone that you just want to be left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had not noticed the glitch until I read these posts. Bit of a pain all right. But sure it's a 'feature'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Loosing the Legacy setting, I miss the tabs on top, usually when I default to one of my usual forums it reverts back to the old style, it ain't doing it anymore. :(
    Why did they mess with the layout. I absolutely hate this and tbh it's putting me off reading and posting. Does anyone know where I can find feedback to ask about this abomination?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Do you all not just click "view first unread"??

I'm confused. It always brings me back to where I read last when I click that even if I don't follow that thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Why did they mess with the layout. I absolutely hate this and tbh it's putting me off reading and posting. Does anyone know where I can find feedback to ask about this abomination?

Feedback Forum thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112241009#post112241009
    Please note you need to have been on the site a minimum 3 months and have a postcount of at least 100 to post in Feedback

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Do you all not just click "view first unread"??

I'm confused. It always brings me back to where I read last when I click that even if I don't follow that thread?

It depends on where you click. If you click on the green circle you'll get to the latest post. If you click on the red circle you'll get to the first unread post.

500058.jpg

Is that not still the case for you guys?

New Home wrote: »
    It depends on where you click. If you click on the green circle you'll get to the latest post. If you click on the red circle you'll get to the first unread post.

500058.jpg

Is that not still the case for you guys?

I have never :o clicked there new home, how smart of you all! thank you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I won't tell you how many years I was on Boards before I realised that..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA Newie beat me to posting that image aid.

I have never :o clicked there new home, how smart of you all! thank you!

I didn't know that either. I use my phone almost exclusively and it just does it automatically when I click a thread. Glad New Home figured that out for you. No more trawling back through posts! :)

The glitch has stopped for me. Yay!

I didn't know that either. I use my phone almost exclusively and it just does it automatically when I click a thread. Glad New Home figured that out for you. No more trawling back through posts! :)

The glitch has stopped for me. Yay!

TH's all around! :) :pac:

Oi! Off to the happy thread with you lot! :mad:

(Palindrome, YAY!!!! :D

Oh, damn... I'm happy too, now... :mad:)

• Advertisement

Grunt at yer happiness.
    I have this savage metallic taste in my mouth that I cant get rid of. The cheesecake I had earlier was wasted on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people just assume everybody of all ages uses the internet!

ever second guess yourself?

(fighting it!)
    the delete button and I have a love/hate relationship :/

When you use the toilet at work and sit down to take care of business but the seat is all warm from the previous occupant…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When you use the toilet at work and sit down to take care of business but the seat is all warm from the previous occupant…

Better warm than wet. Beats me how the seat in a ladies toilet can have moisture on it :mad:

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Boards is bringing me to the most recent post in threads I follow rather than where I left off last time I was reading. So now I've lost my place. Also it's not letting me into threads unless there's a new post. :(
    Happening me too!
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm getting - an invalid redirect something something , and can't get into some threads at all :(

ETA,

Obviously not this thread though :pac:
    A few times when I checked my stats (to see if I posted in a thread)....... It shows me threads I never even seen before (nor posted in)... the glitch is an odd one this time.
    I normally use Chrome for Boards.. but when I click on a thread..it asks me do I want to open the Twitter link! with chrome or the Twitter app.... Firefox works perfectly.....it's just since the "fix" this morning... weird!

Apologies for the interruption to both the thread and your use of the site! If these issues are still occurring for you could you start a new thread about it in Site development please and we can ask for whatever other info we might need from you there. Thanks so much :)

TA when someone interrupts the TA thread with something totally off-topic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The use of the word 'amount' when the word 'number' should be used.

For example...'the amount of times...'

Antares35 wrote: »
    Better warm than wet. Beats me how the seat in a ladies toilet can have moisture on it :mad:

A friend of mine has a teenage daughter and the toilet seats in the house are destroyed with fake tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

TA that girls fake tan their arses these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA that girls fake tan their arses these days!

I did not know this was even a thing until now. It beggars belief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement