Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Will M&S be bringing out a version? "This is not just any vagina, this is an M&S vagina".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Would you buy it though? :)

They have sold out, so as a business model goes it's not the worst.... She's onto something!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is turning into a really gross thread...

And the cheapo version would be called "I can't believe it's not...".

*BARF*

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

I cut my lip on a medicine spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Drivers who flash their lights to warn that there's a speed check van ahead. If I'm speeding, then it's my tough luck if I am caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    What will the knock-off versions of it be called?

Something smells fishy:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Something smells fishy:D

Or what would be the male version?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Or what would be the male version?

Ballsack:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ballsack:D

Nice ring to it. This smells like my ballsack!! You are onto a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Meatless Meatballs. WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That's the Christmas presents sorted.

Seriously, are there really people stupid enough to buy these yokes.

madmaggie wrote: »
    That's the Christmas presents sorted.

Seriously, are there really people stupid enough to buy these yokes.

There must be as apparently they are sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I hate long Twitter threads, that get thousands of likes and retweets, about something the tweeter witnessed on a train, in a supermarket, or wherever. The story will have some wild turns, quirky characters, and a twist ending. I guarantee most of these "So this just happened..." Twitter threads are just made up by people looking for attention. Yet I see so many people being fooled by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's bloody impossible to hoover between the front seats of the car and the console. (I think that's what it's called anyway - the place where the handbrake & gearstick live). Can never get in there properly.

If I ever become a drug smuggler that's where I'm hiding my stash - no way the cops would ever get it out. Of course neither could I...I really haven't thought this through...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My fiancée made the most beautiful Sunday roast I've ever had today, and I couldn't finish the last few spuds (my favourite bit) because I wouldn't stop wolfing a share-bag of salted nuts prior.

TA is KP nuts are addictive and I shouldn't be allowed near them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was in the queue in lidl earlier. Just had a couple of items so the person in front told me to jump ahead of them.
    And then the next person did the same.
    I was delighted with myself. But then when it came to paying I could not find my phone anywhere. No wallet, no change, no nothing.
    The shame. The TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying “super” when they mean very.

e.g .I was super tired.

Not as bad as people saying "I feel like" when they mean "I think".

As in "I feel like this sushi is really nice"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The term "Mexit". Is there nothing they wont bastardise/ hybridise in an effort to appear cool and trendy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Antares35 wrote: »
    The term "Mexit". Is there nothing they wont bastardise/ hybridise in an effort to appear cool and trendy.
    It makes a change from the usual of adding -gate to any news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It makes a change from the usual of adding -gate to any news story.

They are both abominations in my opinion. Lazy predictable "journalism" and I feel bad even calling it that.

• Advertisement

I was in the queue in lidl earlier. Just had a couple of items so the person in front told me to jump ahead of them.
    And then the next person did the same.
    I was delighted with myself. But then when it came to paying I could not find my phone anywhere. No wallet, no change, no nothing.
    The shame. The TA.

See right there is the reason I am not nice in the queue :)

In all my years of working the till it is always the person with one or two items that balls up the queue... Be it like you, can't find wallet etc or my personal favourite emptying their coin purse onto the counter and telling me to count it myself... Along with all bits of fluff and other gunk :(

But I do feel your pain, I'd be mortified too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

See right there is the reason I am not nice in the queue :)

In all my years of working the till it is always the person with one or two items that balls up the queue... Be it like you, can't find wallet etc or my personal favourite emptying their coin purse onto the counter and telling me to count it myself... Along with all bits of fluff and other gunk :(

But I do feel your pain, I'd be mortified too :)

I will keep my eye out for a lady at the checkout wearing a tiara!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When the ringing in me ears decides to amp up the volume.

I will keep my eye out for a lady at the checkout wearing a tiara!

Oh jesus are you mad? That funded college....no way would I work in a public facing role.

You'll find me behind a spreadsheet when "maternity leave +extra" unfortunately finishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I try to recycle as much as possible but want to draw the line at washing out plastic containers of mince and chicken fillets. My preference would be to chuck them in the general waste.
    My wife disagrees and thinks we should wash them and put in recycling bin.

There was a build up of plastic containers stacked beside the sink before Christmas. About 3 weeks worth. Very untidy. I bit the bullet one afternoon when my wife was at work and washed the lot, let them dry and recycled them.

Fast forward 3 more weeks and an identically-sized backlog is beside the sink. Just spent an hour washing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I try to recycle as much as possible but want to draw the line at washing out plastic containers of mince and chicken fillets. My preference would be to chuck them in the general waste.

There was a build up of plastic containers stacked beside the sink before Christmas. About 3 weeks worth. Very untidy. I bit the bullet one afternoon when my wife was at work and washed the lot, let them dry and recycled them.

Fast forward 3 more weeks and an identically-sized backlog is beside the sink. Just spent an hour washing them.

Why not wash them straight away when opened ? I open meat and immediately fill the tray with hot water and soap . I can only imagine three weeks later they must stink to high heaven ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why not wash them straight away when opened ? I open meat and immediately fill the tray with hot water and soap . I can only imagine three weeks later they must stink to high heaven ?

Much too simple and straightforward !

Pat does not like such scenarios....would much prefer to let the plastic containers build up into a malodorous ugly pile of rubbish which confronts him every morning.

And moans about it on a public discussion board.

That's Pat ...nothin straightforward and simple !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Sounds like you’ve been de-balled. Why isn’t your lazy lass washing them and recycling them if that her choice??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sounds like you’ve been de-balled. Why isn’t your lazy lass washing them and recycling them if that her choice??

I am the one washing and recycling them. She isn't. That's the TA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I went to get something from the car, and when I closed the door I forgot to remove my thumb... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement