Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock on, Rockall! (it's back)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

janfebmar wrote: »
    Sinn Fein was unique in thats its military wing murdered elected politicians in N. Ireland, in the Republic and in Britain. And it does not admit it was wrong to do so. Lest we forget. To compare them to normal political parties is stretching it a bit.
    Didn’t Fianna Fail and Fine Gael do the same back in the day .

They were allowed to move on and Fook up Ireland many times while they were at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 66,965 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blinding wrote: »
    That kind of a collapse with Photo Shoot Phoney ( Leo , obviously ) at the helm !

Sinn Fein , Happy for Ireland to be Run by the Eu . It doesn’t make sense .

Sinn Fein dancing in the streets after the abortion referendum after not allowing their public representatives a free vote on ...... “ Abortion for folks sake “

Sinn Fein for Mass Immigration when the bad affects ( there definitely is some for working class Irish People ) affects their Voters most of all .

Its no wonder Sinn Fein got hammered at the Polls .

:) You don't like SF, we get it.

Which Irish political party admits and is happy with being 'run by the EU'?

Take your time and consider your answer there.

Sinn Fein was unique in thats its military wing murdered elected politicians in N. Ireland, in the Republic and in Britain. And it does not admit it was wrong to do so. Lest we forget. To compare them to normal political parties is stretching it a bit.

The British shot and killed many more politicians here than SF did. And has been pointed out, so did did all of the principal parties of the state.But you go ahead and be 'selective' again jan. :):):)

:) You don't like SF, we get it.

Which Irish political party admits and is happy with being 'run by the EU'?

Take your time and consider your answer there.
    Leo in on his belly for the Eu and Michael Martin Martin would do exactly the same .

Sinn Fein decide to Ape FF/Fg . Why would the Irish public want a Third FF/FG ?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

What elected politian did pira murder in the republic??

• Advertisement

Leo in on his belly for the Eu and Michael Martin Martin would do exactly the same .

What?

FF and FG are members of the EU. Why do loons in Ireland speak of the EU as being some sort of dark, dictatorial entity that 'rules' Ireland. You clearly haven't been paying attention since the Brexit process began.

What?

FF and FG are members of the EU. Why do loons in Ireland speak of the EU as being some sort of dark, dictatorial entity that 'rules' Ireland. You clearly haven't been paying attention since the Brexit process began.
    I’d say you are “ New Sinn Fein “ like Tony Blair was “ New Labour “ ( New Tory in reality )

Eventually Labour Voters saw through it . Blair is dirt in Britain now .

These last Elections in Ireland is Irish People telling Sinn Fein that they ain’t impressed with ‘ New Sinn Fein “ ( New FF/Fg )

Provisional IRA beaten . Sinn Fein now getting beaten ( in the South anyways )

Enough to surrender to the Brits now they have decided to surrender to the Eu .

I’d say you are “ New Sinn Fein “ like Tony Blair was “ New Labour “ ( New Tory in reality )

Eventually Labour Voters saw through it . Blair is dirt in Britain now .

These last Elections in Ireland is Irish People telling Sinn Fein that they ain’t impressed with ‘ New Sinn Fein “ ( New FF/Fg )

Provisional IRA beaten . Sinn Fein now getting beaten ( in the South anyways )

Enough to surrender to the Brits now they have decided to surrender to the Eu .

:) That is one of the funniest things I have read here.

You seem pretty desperate for a win of some sort, I'll give you that.

I do not exclusively support any political party but I know that talk of the demise of a political set-up on the scale of SF is just loony talk.
    They, like so many other parties before and after them, will dust themselves down and re-double their effort.
    They are past masters at managing and getting out their vote and it looks to me that they failed to that this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

getting their vote out? i heard that phrase a lot once it was clear SF didnt do well. it implies that their policies are an irrelevancy when it comes to getting seats, its just about bussing "the poor" to the election booth. a weird thing to admit.

getting their vote out? i heard that phrase a lot once it was clear SF didnt do well. it implies that their policies are an irrelevancy when it comes to getting seats, its just about bussing "the poor" to the election booth. a weird thing to admit.

Look at it how you wish but 49.5% of the electorate turned out to vote. That is half of the electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Look at it how you wish but 49.5% of the electorate turned out to vote. That is half of the electorate.

Maybe you could threaten them with knee cappings etc. like the good old days ?

The fact is the Lyra McKee murder woke up a whole new generation to the reality of murdering republican terrorist scum

Its a pure joke anyway...so called republican party taking seats in stormont and the dail

Thats mind-fxuk levels of mixed messages to electorate....we want a utd ireland...but we'll also endorse and participate in institutions which dont??

Who are they trying to fool

Taking their voters for granted :eek:

Two hammerings in the last 3 elections . Might be a good time to look at their policies :eek:

_blaaz wrote: »
    Its a pure joke anyway...so called republican party taking seats in stormont and the dail

Thats mind-fxuk levels of mixed messages to electorate....we want a utd ireland...but we'll also endorse and participate in institutions which dont??

Who are they trying to fool

That 'electorate' must have been very deluded when they endorsed the idea of a 'political' solution to the issues facing us in the GFA vote.

That 'electorate' must have been very deluded when they endorsed the idea of a 'political' solution to the issues facing us in the GFA vote.

They certainly are deluded...the brits wont ever leave until their shown the way

Have you seen anything about the last referendum and brexit to.suggest the brits are anyway honurable and will call a border poll......SF leadership laughed at pira members 20 years ago when this was pointed out to them....chickens are coming home to roost here

They certainly are deluded...the brits wont ever leave until their shown the way

Have you seen anything about the last referendum and brexit to.suggest the brits are anyway honurable and will call a border poll......SF leadership laughed at pira members 20 years ago when this was pointed out to them....chickens are coming home to roost here

The people don't seem to be switching their support to that ^ dissident point of view. That does not seem to me to be happening here.

I do think SF need to review policy, but I always felt that as I don't support a lot of it.
    And I think it further delusion to think that the core SF support ever trusted the British to deliver.

The people don't seem to be switching their support to that ^ dissident point of view. That does not seem to me to be happening here.

I do think SF need to review policy, but I always felt that as I don't support a lot of it.
    And I think it further delusion to think that the core SF support ever trusted the British to deliver.

Mate,the brits arent trustworthy,just look.how theyve carried on last 2 years

Do you not think its pure delusion to think they will ever step.up.and deliver a border poll?

Mate,the brits arent trustworthy,just look.how theyve carried on last 2 years

Do you not think its pure delusion to think they will ever step.up.and deliver a border poll?

Yes they will, because it is my belief that they ultimately want rid of northern Ireland.

What amazes me about your point is how you ever reached the conclusion that the core SF support ever trusted the British and have NOW come to the conclusion that they are not to be trusted?
    That makes no sense.

In fact I would go on to say that many many more than SF's support in Ireland do not trust Britain.

In fact I would go on to say that many many more than SF's support in Ireland do not trust Britain.

Of course, but most of the electorate would trust anyone more than SF, the party of terrorists, pedophiles and bullies.

Yes they will, because it is my belief that they ultimately want rid of northern Ireland.

What amazes me about your point is how you ever reached the conclusion that the core SF support ever trusted the British and have NOW come to the conclusion that they are not to be trusted?
    That makes no sense.

Your codding yourself if you think they'll walk away from.the north

Politically they have nothing to gain from it,and alot to lose....they arent trustworthy and wont call a poll....why have they not called one yet?

• Advertisement

Nobelium wrote: »
    Of course, but most of the electorate would trust anyone more than SF, the party of terrorists, pedophiles and bullies.

You forgot 'horse kidnappers' ;)

Politically they have nothing to gain from it,and alot to lose....they arent trustworthy and wont call a poll....why have they not called one yet?

Because they know when the realty of paying for that toxic dump that is NI and trying to cleanup the uncleanable, hits the electorate, they will vote no, and loose their chance to get rid of it for another generation.

You forgot 'horse kidnappers' ;)

we didn't forget murderers of women and kids

I would say you have answered that question yourself. So far 'Politically they have nothing to gain from it,and alot to lose'

we didn't forget murderers of women and kids

'We'...is there a group of people standing around you? :D

Because they know when the realty of paying for that toxic dump that is NI and trying to cleanup the uncleanable, hits the electorate, they will vote no, and loose their chance to get rid of it for another generation.

The british electorate have no say?

They wont ever leave.....i hate to say it saoradh have this called right....the gfa wont work

They have brexit excuse to hide behind now,next few years will be a deep recession....they ll.always have an excuse to not hold a border poll.......their never going to call one...they arent a bit honurable in relation to ireland....

it takes breathtaking levels of delusion to think they will ever hold.one....its time for a so called republican party to stop supporting this rubbish and to stop endorseing the dail and stormont

I would say you have answered that question yourself. So far 'Politically they have nothing to gain from it,and alot to lose'

So infact it is delusion to think they will hold a border poll and its time to withdraw/abstain from stormont permenantly until such time one is called

So infact it is delusion to think they will hold a border poll and its time to withdraw/abstain from stormont permenantly until such time one is called

They will call one when it suits them politically. Personally I don't think the time has come yet, for a variety of reasons.

'We'...is there a group of people standing around you? :D

yep, it's called people who don't defend and endorse the murdering of women and kids

• Advertisement

They will call one when it suits them politically. Personally I don't think the time has come yet, for a variety of reasons.

Why not???

Like i said itll never be a good time.

why should irish nationlists have to wait until.it politically suits the brits for.a border poll???

Advertisement