Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock on, Rockall! (it's back)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,961 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobelium wrote: »
    yep, it's called people who don't defend and endorse the murdering of women and kids

'it's'???? :confused:

Have you touched them to make sure they are real? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Have you touched them to make sure they are real? ;)

Sinn Fein the pedophile party.

Sinn Fein the pedophile party.

There should be slogan writing competition for party's based on what one or two of their members do:

Fine Gael - the insurance fraud pary
    Fine Gael - the glass in your face party
    Fianna Fail - the drink driving party
    Fine Gael - the sterling for political favours party.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

There should be slogan writing competition for party's based on what one or two of their members do:

One of two? How many hundreds or thousands of s.f. members were involved in paramilitaries?

It's been a lot more than one or two members in Sinn Fein , and they ruined lots of innocent peoples lives. I suppose in their eyes moving from blowing up women and kids to raping and abusing them, and then covering it up with intimidation, bulling and lies is seen as progress.

• Advertisement

janfebmar wrote: »
    One of two? How many hundreds or thousands of s.f. members were involved in paramilitaries?

The ones that say they were?

They don't have a problem with being in the IRA, you do know that?

It's been a lot more than one or two members in Sinn Fein , and they ruined lots of innocent peoples lives. I suppose in their eyes moving from blowing up women and kids to raping and abusing them, and then covering it up with intimidation, bulling and lies is seen as progress.

:D:D You have it bad don't you?

The ones that say they were?

They don't have a problem with being in the IRA, you do know that?

Some members had a problem with being in the Pira, and all of society had a problem with the Pira, that is why it was an illegal organisation. You do know that?

:D:D You have it bad don't you?

No, the people who's lives they destroyed have, and you think SF rape and sexual abuse is funny . . all grins and smiley faces. You people are sick in the head.

we didn't forget murderers of women and kids

Less of the Brit bashing there, horse. Time to move on.

• Advertisement

Less of the Brit bashing there, horse. Time to move on.

Shinners calling themselves Brits now, that's a good one.

Some members had a problem with being in the Pira, and all of society had a problem with the Pira, that is why it was an illegal organisation. You do know that?

All of society? I don't think those who continue to elect SF have a problem...that is a silly consensus you have invented yet again.

No, the people who's lives they destroyed have, and you think SF rape and sexual abuse is funny . . all grins and smiley faces. You people are sick in the head.

'SF rape and sexual abuse' is like saying Fine Gael insurance fraud or Fine Gael corrupt payments.

Please stop digging holes will you, we understand you don't like them.

'SF rape and sexual abuse' is like saying Fine Gael insurance fraud or Fine Gael corrupt payments.

Please stop digging holes will you, we understand you don't like them.

SF don't like anyone telling the truth . . digging holes like the good old days, where you could threaten to bury anyone who spoke out ?

SF don't like anyone telling the truth . . digging holes like the good old days, where you could threaten to bury anyone who spoke out ?

SF buried people for telling the truth in the good old days...really? :D

SF buried people for telling the truth in the good old days...really? :D
    Was Jean McColville abducted, tortured and secretly buried because she went to the aid of a dying British soldier or was she abducted and killed because she was a law abiding citizen and spoke the truth?
    The armed wing of SF buried people they did not like. Fact. Sometimes they just disappeared them so their family did not even have a body to grieve over.

Was Jean McColville abducted, tortured and secretly buried because she went to the aid of a dying British soldier or was she abducted and killed because she was a law abiding citizen and spoke the truth?
    The armed wing of SF buried people they did not like. Fact. Sometimes they just disappeared them so their family did not even have a body to grieve over.

SF buried Jean McConville?..I've heard it all now. :)

SF buried Jean McConville?..I've heard it all now. :)
    I said "the armed wing of S. F." Who do you think buried her?

I said "the armed wing of S. F." Who do you think buried her?

It was as far as I know 'the IRA'. It was a much warned about sanction against informers, in a particularly bloody and chaotic time in the conflict.

It was as far as I know 'the IRA'.

And do you think "the IRA" was the armed wing of Sinn Fein at the time?

• Advertisement

And do you think "the IRA" was the armed wing of Sinn Fein at the time?

If SF and the IRA where one and the same then why couldn't the British arrest and charge somebody who was a member of SF?

If SF and the IRA where one and the same then why couldn't the British arrest and charge somebody who was a member of SF?

Because it is possible for people to be in an organisation but not in the armed wing of it at the time. Now please answer the question without deflecting again.

Because it is possible for people to be in an organisation but not in the armed wing of it at the time. Now please answer the question without deflecting again.

So now the question is: Was the IRA the armed wing of only some in SF?

I think SF represented the political views of the IRA. They were separate and distinct organisations and were treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I think SF represented the political views of the IRA. They were separate and distinct organisations and were treated as such.

Isn’t there former IRA members in SF?

Isn’t there former IRA members in SF?

Yep. And there are some who aren't in SF.

No. The question was " Do you think the IRA was the armed wing of Sinn Fein at the time"?

No. The question was " Do you think the IRA was the armed wing of Sinn Fein at the time"?

No Jan I don't. They were separate organisations. You could be in SF and not in the IRA and vice versa.

I do not think Francie agree with you there.

They were separate organisations. You could be in SF and not in the IRA and vice versa.

Of course they were "separate organisations", but do you not think there was some overlap? Of course "You could be in SF and not in the IRA and vice versa" but do you not think more than a few were in both organisations?

I do not think Francie agree with you there.

Of course they were "separate organisations", but do you not think there was some overlap? Of course "You could be in SF and not in the IRA and vice versa" but do you not think more than a few were in both organisations?

I don't really care anymore who was in the IRA and who wasn't. The conflict/war is over for over 20 years.
    I care about creating a society were there is no need for any army.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Surely you could argue same point in relation to any organisation??

Advertisement