Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock on, Rockall! (it's back)

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,872 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

janfebmar wrote: »
    Leo does not meet Trump for 2 days. How long did they meet for in Shannon airport?

Still waiting for your argument or justification that a meeting with Trump is worth "billions" in publicity / p.r.

Clinging on desperately and STILL misquoting. I also never said it was Leo meeting Trump...I said...read carefully now...

Like Scotland threatening to stop us fishing, it will take somebody braver than Trump to stop us getting access that is reputedly worth billions in PR/promotion.

That 'us' is trade, tourist and business as well as political interests getting access to the highest level in the world's biggest economy.
    The 'billions' is my opinion of what that is worth because it simply impossible to put a figure on it's worth.

Stop misquoting/lying and stop digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Clinging on desperately and STILL misquoting. I also never said it was Leo meeting Trump...I said...read carefully now...

That 'us' is trade, tourist and business as well as political interests getting access to the highest level in the world's biggest economy.
    The 'billions' is my opinion of what that is worth because it simply impossible to put a figure on it's worth.

Stop misquoting/lying and stop digging.
    We were talking about Trump, who you despise, and the access you were talking about was the meeting with Trump. You are right about one thing, it is impossible to say what such a meeting is worth, even though Trump meets thousands of people every year. As you despise Trump so much, and American foreign policy, do you think the billions it is worth (according to you) is positive publicity or negative publicity?

We were talking about Trump, who you despise, and the access you were talking about was the meeting with Trump. You are right about one thing, it is impossible to say what such a meeting is worth, even though Trump meets thousands of people every year. As you despise Trump so much, and American foreign policy, do you think the billions it is worth (according to you) is positive publicity or negative publicity?

This is now a lie...as you were corrected by a direct quote of what I said. You have spent a number of posts now doing what you do...trying to twist what I said to be what you want me to have said.
    I will quote it again to show what a devious poster you are.
    Like Scotland threatening to stop us fishing, it will take somebody braver than Trump to stop us getting access that is reputedly worth billions in PR/promotion.

This is now a lie...as you were corrected by a direct quote of what I said. You have spent a number of posts now doing what you do...trying to twist what I said to be what you want me to have said.
    I will quote it again to show what a devious poster you are.

I will quote your complete post to prove you are wrong:

Did he not get on with him? Boo hoo.

I don't pay much attention to the Paddy's Day shamoozle. Others seem to get their jollies stopping Irish people getting access though.

No other nation of our size or even much bigger gets the treatment we get on our national day.

So you were talking about "the Paddy's Day shamoozle" as you call it. Can you explain how you think it is worth " billions in PR/promotion "?

Bear in mind total spending by US tourists in Ireland each year does not even reach a billion. So how could
    a relatively short meeting in the White House be worth "billions in PR/promotion"? US companies say they are here for our tax incentives, access to EU markets, our well educated, English speaking workforce etc...I have never heard a tourist or an industrialist say they are here because out of thousands of meetings the US president has each year, the really outstanding one is when he gets presented with a bowl of green organic matter ie shamrock by someone from Ireland?

Also, as asked before, as you despise Trump so much, and American foreign policy, do you think the billions it is worth (according to you) is positive publicity or negative publicity?

As the UK gets a lot more American tourists than we do, and as you seemingly attach great importance to meetings or comments by heads of states etc, do you think our Presidents comments about America on the eve of Trumps visit damaging? Seeing as Trump chatted to the Queen for hours about various subjects and afterwards described her as an INCREDIBLE lady, do you think Trumps better relationship with the UK ( he described their "special relationship" as the "greatest alliance the world had ever seen" ) will help UK tourism to the tune of "billions worth of publicity / PR " too?

I will quote your complete post to prove you are wrong:

So you were talking about "the Paddy's Day shamoozle" as you call it. Can you explain how you think it is worth " billions in PR/promotion "?

Bear in mind total spending by US tourists in Ireland each year does not even reach a billion. So how could
    a relatively short meeting in the White House be worth "billions in PR/promotion"? US companies say they are here for our tax incentives, access to EU markets, our well educated, English speaking workforce etc...I have never heard a tourist or an industrialist say they are here because out of thousands of meetings the US president has each year, the really outstanding one is when he gets presented with a bowl of green organic matter ie shamrock by someone from Ireland?

Also, as asked before, as you despise Trump so much, and American foreign policy, do you think the billions it is worth (according to you) is positive publicity or negative publicity?

As the UK gets a lot more American tourists than we do, and as you seemingly attach great importance to meetings or comments by heads of states etc, do you think our Presidents comments about America on the eve of Trumps visit damaging? Seeing as Trump chatted to the Queen for hours about various subjects and afterwards described her as an INCREDIBLE lady, do you think Trumps better relationship with the UK ( he described their "special relationship" as the "greatest alliance the world had ever seen" ) will help UK tourism to the tune of "billions worth of publicity / PR " too?

Dear lord. You just keep digging the holes bigger and bigger. :eek:

• Advertisement

Dear lord. You just keep digging the holes bigger and bigger. :eek:

Yep, the hole you dug for yourself keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now answer the questions. Do try harder instead of deflecting.

Yep, the hole you dug for yourself keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now answer the questions. Do try harder instead of deflecting.

Read the posts.

Two days access that are IMO worth billions in PR/Promotion of this country and what it has to offer.

If you can disprove that with fact, I am happy to withdraw my OPINION.

Your OPINION is not FACT btw.

Two days access that are IMO worth billions in PR/Promotion of this country and what it has to offer.

You were talking about "the Paddy's Day shamoozle" as you called it in the same post. Leo only met Trump for a brief meeting and to give him the Shamrock, it was not two days. You are the one who thinks the visit is "worth billions in PR/Promotion". Up to you to justify or explain that extraordinary statement, not for anyone to disprove it.

Also, as asked before, as the UK gets a lot more American tourists than we do, and as you seemingly attach great importance to meetings or comments by heads of states etc, do you think our Presidents comments about America on the eve of Trumps visit damaging? Seeing as Trump chatted to the Queen for hours about various subjects and afterwards described her as an INCREDIBLE lady, do you think Trumps better relationship with the UK ( he described their "special relationship" as the "greatest alliance the world had ever seen" ) will help UK tourism to the tune of "billions worth of publicity / PR " too?

You were talking about "the Paddy's Day shamoozle" as you called it in the same post. Leo only met Trump for a brief meeting and to give him the Shamrock, it was not two days. You are the one who thinks the visit is "worth billions in PR/Promotion". Up to you to justify or explain that extraordinary statement, not for anyone to disprove it.

You really do know how to continually embarrass yourself by not knowing when to stop digging.

I was talking about our two days of access no matter who POTUS is or who the Taoiseach is and which no POTUS would ever be brave enough to end.
    You were talking bout a private visit to promote his business interests (which I paid zero attention to). If that brings in tourist dollars...well done to all concerned.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110510534&postcount=1057

Post 1057 way way back. You have been lying and trying to sledgehammer what I said into something you want me to have said, since. It ain't working jan...give it up!!

Get back on topic maybe, might save your blushes. Nighty Nite!

Post 1057 way way back. You have been lying and trying to sledgehammer what I said into something you want me to have said, since.

Rubbish. You made a fool of yourself (yet again) in post no.1051, and have been trying to explain it since. Here is your post no. 1051 again:
    Did he not get on with him? Boo hoo.

I don't pay much attention to the Paddy's Day shamoozle. Others seem to get their jollies stopping Irish people getting access though.

No other nation of our size or even much bigger gets the treatment we get on our national day.

Now try harder, you have a lot of explaining to do.

You are the one who thinks the visit is "worth billions in PR/Promotion". Up to you to justify or explain that extraordinary statement, not for anyone to disprove it.

Also, as asked before, as the UK gets a lot more American tourists than we do, and as you seemingly attach great importance to meetings or comments by heads of states etc, do you think our Presidents comments about America on the eve of Trumps visit damaging? Seeing as Trump chatted to the Queen for hours about various subjects and afterwards described her as an INCREDIBLE lady, do you think Trumps better relationship with the UK ( he described their "special relationship" as the "greatest alliance the world had ever seen" ) will help UK tourism to the tune of "billions worth of publicity / PR " too?

• Advertisement

Rubbish. You made a fool of yourself (yet again) in post no.1051, and have been trying to explain it since. Here is your post no. 1051 again:

Now try harder, you have a lot of explaining to do.

You are the one who thinks the visit is "worth billions in PR/Promotion". Up to you to justify or explain that extraordinary statement, not for anyone to disprove it.

:D:D:D:D

I was talking about our two days of access no matter who POTUS is or who the Taoiseach is and which no POTUS would ever be brave enough to end.
    You were talking bout a private visit to promote his business interests (which I paid zero attention to). If that brings in tourist dollars...well done to all concerned.

Advertisement