Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

tedpan wrote: »
    I think it's certified for 300,000 popups. So if you do a thousand selfies a day it'll last less than a year #sadtimes

Lol no doubt some ppl will over kill that pop up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

would anyone know of any shops selling these in Ireland anywhere?
    ive no patience to wait on the post
    Im looking for original version not the pro version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Honorbuy will have it in your hand in 2-3 days, sometimes less.
    Don't believe you can buy them in a shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Tazzimus wrote:
    Honorbuy will have it in your hand in 2-3 days, sometimes less. Don't believe you can buy them in a shop.

Yep, true. Think you can buy on adverts. Make sure they've got lots of feedback. Warranty would be with the manufacturer though..

tedpan wrote: »
    Yep, true. Think you can buy on adverts. Make sure they've got lots of feedback. Warranty would be with the manufacturer though..

Seems to be only the pro version that they have on there, but thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

oranbhoy67 wrote:
    Seems to be only the pro version that they have on there, but thanks!

Ah ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    would anyone know of any shops selling these in Ireland anywhere?
    ive no patience to wait on the post
    Im looking for original version not the pro version
    Mine came from honour buy in 24 hours ordered it at 11 in the morning and it was delivered by the same time the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

Three are really missing a trick with their Xiaomi exclusivity deal for Ireland imo which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

The prices on this on eglobal are very good. Any thoughts on this vs the original Mi 9? I'm torn between the 2, price is virtually the same. I like the wireless charging on the Mi 9 but bigger battery on the T. Screens are the same? Camera maybe better on the Mi 9?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-pro-glacier-blue-international-ver-1.html

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-ocean-blue-1.html

For those who have bought from eglobal, how long does delivery take and did you get charged with customs on delivery (any tips on how to avoid it).

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

biebiebie wrote: »
    Looks like there's a new (updated?) Mi model coming soon.
    Same as Mi 9.
    Except...
    It'll have a larger battery (4000mAh?)
    Also a base 128gb model and also a larger 256gb.

Now imho this turns a very good phone into a mouth watering prospect!

Between 6 days and never as in my case .DPD seem to have a problem in Athlone with eglobal packages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Anyone having any problems with the fingerprint reader on this?
    My sister got one a few weeks ago and it stopped working this morning.

Went into Settings -> About Device -> tapped Kernel Version until the test screen came up, and clicked Fingerprint sensor, and it said "Fail or no FP".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've been using it for a few days - very nice phone overall but don't find the fingerprint reader great, and the speaker volume on calls could maybe be a bit louder.

For anyone wondering about a case - the one you get in the box is actually quite nice and low profile. I also ordered one linked earlier in this thread (with a magnet on the back) but found it added a bit too much bulk

I've been using it for a few days - very nice phone overall but don't find the fingerprint reader great, and the speaker volume on calls could maybe be a bit louder.

For anyone wondering about a case - the one you get in the box is actually quite nice and low profile. I also ordered one linked earlier in this thread (with a magnet on the back) but found it added a bit too much bulk

Would the case that comes with it protect it from a fall do you reckon? And does it come with a screen protector? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

4days later and it still hasn't been dispatched from eglobal. Ughhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

rickyjb wrote: »
    Would the case that comes with it protect it from a fall do you reckon? And does it come with a screen protector? Thanks.

The case it comes with would stop the back getting scratched and gives the camera a bit of buffer so its not in direct contact with any surface. It wouldnt protect from fall

I bought a screen protector but never put it on as i read it affects the fingerprint auth

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

BKWDR wrote: »
    The case it comes with would stop the back getting scratched and gives the camera a bit of buffer so its not in direct contact with any surface. It wouldnt protect from fall

I bought a screen protector but never put it on as i read it affects the fingerprint auth

Mi 9 I have rather than 9T but screen protector has never caused issues with the finger print censor on mine.

These were the ones I ordered: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVPPJH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mi 9 I have rather than 9T but screen protector has never caused issues with the finger print censor on mine.

So guaranteed not to work? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Timmaay wrote: »
    4days later and it still hasn't been dispatched from eglobal. Ughhh.

Similar. Ordered a note 8 Pro on Monday and still no dispatch notification.

does honour buy supply a tracking number after purchase and is it sent by courier or mail ??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    does honour buy supply a tracking number after purchase and is it sent by courier or mail ??

Usually within a day , and you will get tracking number from DHL .

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote: »
    Usually within a day , and you will get tracking number from DHL .

Thanks!!

Similar. Ordered a note 8 Pro on Monday and still no dispatch notification.

to be honest with eglobal you wait longer but it's cheaper so that's why you picked it.

in my experience all my items (5 or 6 orders) have arrived within 10 days even tho sometimes it took 5 or 6 days to get a dispatch notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

glasso wrote: »
    to be honest with eglobal you wait longer but it's cheaper so that's why you picked it.

in my experience all my items (5 or 6 orders) have arrived within 10 days even tho sometimes it took 5 or 6 days to get a dispatch notice.

Absolutely. I ordered 2 from honorbuy in the past and both arrived within 3 days.
    In this case price difference was €50 between eglobal and honorbuy. Assuming it eventually arrives I'll be happy to wait for eglobal!

A question for anyone who bought a Mi 9T pro from eglobal - would you mind checking the firmware version? I've read that some phones still have fake chinese firmware. I had this issue with my current phone, a Mi 5, and had to install Cyanogen to get rid of it. Loads of bloatware and ads popping up etc.

If someone could take a screenshot that would be great.

Also are we certain that the eglobal phones are not K20 pros? They mention this in the description and are also offering a 8gb model which doesn't exist for 9T pros as far as I understand. If they are they could be missing Irish mobile bands and that would be an issue for reception and speeds.

Thanks!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So guaranteed not to work? :P

woops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Just to give my eglobal experience.

Ordered on 12th of September for 128GB 9T Pro.

It was out of stock when I enquired after a week or so of no movement. So just decided to wait as the price was great.

Shipped this week from EGlobal and WND passed to An Post and shows up on An Post tracker now. I'll have it Monday hopefully.

Eglobal refunded the price difference from when I ordered to when it shipped ( the same sku number) when I asked. It was only around €10 in the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

fugee wrote: »
    Just to give my eglobal experience.

Ordered on 12th of September for 128GB 9T Pro.

It was out of stock when I enquired after a week or so of no movement. So just decided to wait as the price was great.

Shipped this week from EGlobal and WND passed to An Post and shows up on An Post tracker now. I'll have it Monday hopefully.

Eglobal refunded the price difference from when I ordered to when it shipped ( the same sku number) when I asked. It was only around €10 in the difference
    be interesting to see if on post charge u customs. They normally do

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

is it a much better phone the moto vision one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

soap1978 wrote: »
    is it a much better phone the moto vision one?
    Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

better waiting for black friday,do honor eu do a sale

Advertisement