Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

rickyjb wrote: »
    All good to know, thanks. Any chance you could take a screenshot of the firmware? Want to get a head start on figuring that out if it's eglobal have flashed some dodgy chinese firmware.

Here's the screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Would ya think buying now be a good idea for Xmas present or is there a chance it goes down or a newer model etc before then

popsy09 wrote:
    Would ya think buying now be a good idea for Xmas present or is there a chance it goes down or a newer model etc before then

Phones are released all the time. Currently you're not getting the same high end specs and features elsewhere for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Folks, for anyone that has bought the Mi 9T, just wondering what screen protector you went with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Folks, for anyone that has bought the Mi 9T, just wondering what screen protector you went with.

Fingerprint reader won't work if you have a screen protector FYI.

• Advertisement

Fingerprint reader won't work if you have a screen protector FYI.

My wife uses a tempered glass screen protector on the 9t and the fingerprint reader works perfectly..

I'd rather not use one but find these new phones scratch easily.(based on my OnePlus 6t experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

tedpan wrote: »
    My wife uses a tempered glass screen protector on the 9t and the fingerprint reader works perfectly..

I'd rather not use one but find these new phones scratch easily.(based on my OnePlus 6t experience)

tedpan how would you compare the 9T pro to your oneplus 6T ?.

bassy wrote:
    tedpan how would you compare the 9T pro to your oneplus 6T ?.

The look and quality is very similar. The cam is better on the 9T, much faster too. Battery seems comparable with up to 2 days with standard use. I love the Oxygen OS on the OP6T, but it's not worth the extra you pay for a OnePlus in my opinion. Other than what I've mentioned I find them surprisingly similar. I'll definitely move to Xiaomi when I decide to replace the 6T.(the SD 845 processor is still a beast, so it'll be a while!)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hi guys,

Had a few questions for people who bought the 9T Pro.

Currently have a Samsung Note 8, I got the Gomo Sim and I'm thinking of a dual sim phone which I know the 9T Pro is but how is the quality of the camera and how would it compare to a 2 year old Note 8? I really like my Note 8 and have no reason to change other than needing a second sim so I'm tossing up the idea of buying this or else a Note 10+ but that's double the price.

Main thing I'd be interested in is longevity of the device - will it last me 2 to 3 years minimum? And how is the camera? Would the camera be on par with some of the current flagships out there or will it struggle?

Thanks in advance!

OREGATO wrote:
    Main thing I'd be interested in is longevity of the device - will it last me 2 to 3 years minimum? And how is the camera? Would the camera be on par with some of the current flagships out there or will it struggle?
    It's good in most situations, but the note 8 has a fantastic camera, you maybe disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Harika

Camera is good, just replace it with the google camera as shown in this thread earlier. https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/reviews/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-review#targetText=Xiaomi%20Mi%209T%20Pro%20camera,3%20%E2%80%9Csensor%20and%201.12%C2%B5m%20pixels.

Also Xiaomi has a good track record of updating devices and should last you easily two years. My Note 4X would still be in use if not stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

tedpan wrote: »
    It's good in most situations, but the note 8 has a fantastic camera, you maybe disappointed.

I'm actually already a bit disappointed with the Note 8 camera when I compared it to my old work phone XS Max :/ Hmm, maybe I'll go down the Note 10+ route so....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

3wks since I ordered the 9t and still no sign of it from eglobal ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Anyone else - Order from honorbuy, I had my phone in hand 36 hours after order. Shipped from Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Timmaay wrote: »
    3wks since I ordered the 9t and still no sign of it from eglobal ugh.

Have you got a tracking number? I ordered the 9T pro 10 days ago and the latest email I got says it's "dispatching soon", whatever that means.

Based on feedback from this thread and others I'm expecting to wait about 3 weeks.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Anyone else - Order from honorbuy, I had my phone in hand 36 hours after order. Shipped from Italy.

Use Honorbuy if you want to pay significantly more money for the same phone :) Or in my case they didn't have the model I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Have you got a tracking number? I ordered the 9T pro 10 days ago and the latest email I got says it's "dispatching soon", whatever that means.

Based on feedback from this thread and others I'm expecting to wait about 3 weeks.

I have a tracking number but no movement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Use Honorbuy if you want to pay significantly more money for the same phone :) Or in my case they didn't have the model I wanted.

In my case it was 17 euro more expensive (MI 9T) but I got a tracking number the same day and DHL delivery 1 full business day later.

that 17 euro would easily be eaten up in the time you spent tracking your eglobal parcel for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah would have prefered to pay the bit extra and gotten it off of honorbuy at this stage. I order it on eglabal on the 7th and I had to get in touch with them for them to tell me that it was out of stock....

Altough as I say that I've just jumped onto skynet world-wide tracking and it has arrived from Honk Kong to London so it might be here sometime soon.

Altough as I say that I've just jumped onto skynet world-wide tracking and it has arrived from Honk Kong to London so it might be here sometime soon.

Me too, must be on the same shipment :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Anyone have a link for a reliable seller for the mi 9t and mi 9t pro that is a genuine (not k20 pro flashed) and cones with a UK plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Anyone have a link for a reliable seller for the mi 9t and mi 9t pro that is a genuine (not k20 pro flashed) and cones with a UK plug?

Don't think any come with a UK plug, just an EU one with an adapter. Honorbuy are reliable enough, bit dearer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bassy wrote: »
    Thats a woeful price for 9t pro 64gb

Wouldn't be buying at that price myself (I got the non Pro) but OP asked for reliable and thats about as reliable as you will get and works out around the same price as honorbuy after you add on their €23 shipping cost.

Mine has now left London! (Ordered 13 days ago, 9T Pro 6/128GB, €354 all in)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

9T (not Pro) is working out at €294 from Honorbuy with shipping. It's €279 with shipping from the amazon.es link quoted in a previous post. So it's looking like amazon.es is the best option for the non-pro version?

hots wrote: »
    Mine has now left London! (Ordered 13 days ago, 9T Pro 6/128GB, €354 all in)

And apparently out for delivery now, anyone know who does the deliveries for Skynet in Ireland? DPD would be ideal, they've been out to me twice this morning already :o

hots wrote: »
    And apparently out for delivery now, anyone know who does the deliveries for Skynet in Ireland? DPD would be ideal, they've been out to me twice this morning already :o

Mine arrived in London an hour ago. How long were you waiting from when it said it was in London?

Just got stung with customs on another phone from gearbest (Mi A3) :mad:

• Advertisement

Mine arrived in London an hour ago. How long were you waiting from when it said it was in London?

Just got stung with customs on another phone from gearbest (Mi A3) :mad:

Got to the London hub on Friday, landed in Dublin this morning, looks like they work over the w/es anyway.

Advertisement