Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

rebeve wrote: »
    I have a feeling it won't be easy , I have bought a good few phones from them before and no bother until now.
    Funny thing ,it was the first time the tracking went straight to the DPD system.I get the impression DPD couldn't care less .
    The very same thing happened to my friend and he got onto PayPal and they refunded him with in 24 hours.then 4 days after PayPal refund he arrived home to find a DPD parcel at is front door step unsigned for so free phone.that was about 8 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

massy086 wrote: »
    The very same thing happened to my friend and he got onto PayPal and they refunded him with in 24 hours.then 4 days after PayPal refund he arrived home to find a DPD parcel at is front door step unsigned for so free phone.that was about 8 weeks ago

I live in hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I live in hope .

How long from ordering from eglob did it ship and then arrive to DPD do you mind me asking?
    Thanks

fugee wrote: »
    How long from ordering from eglob did it ship and then arrive to DPD do you mind me asking?
    Thanks

My friend,s took 3 weeks to arrive at DPD Athlone eglobal were terrible and that's why when DPD lost the package I think PayPal said enough is enough and refunded him within 24hours

fugee wrote: »
    Thanks
    I had a DPD tracking number within 2 days .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

rebeve wrote:
    I had a DPD tracking number within 2 days .

What does the tracking history say on DPDs site?

tedpan wrote: »
    What does the tracking history say on DPDs site?

Arrived at Manchester
    Arrived at Birmingham
    Arrived at Birmingham 2nd hub
    Arrived At Athlone
    Sorted at Athlone for distribution

That was the end of the story , nothing since 12/09/2019 at 22:20

I will contact paypal on Monday .

The actual tracking information disappeared yesterday .

rebeve wrote:
    I will contact paypal on Monday .

rebeve wrote:
    The actual tracking information disappeared yesterday .

So weird.. definitely chase DPD tomorrow too, that's unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Could not reccomend Honor Buy enough. Tracking number within a day of payment being processed and here the next day

So weird.. definitely chase DPD tomorrow too, that's unacceptable.

Just off the phone from DPD , they cant find it and contact the seller I was told .

Eglobal not answering my emails .

Next stop paypal .

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote:
    Just off the phone from DPD , they cant find it and contact the seller I was told .

So DPD lost it and now denying all responsibility. PayPal should sort you out anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

My recent experience with eglobal to share -

Bought the Mi 9T (blue) for €286 on Monday night. Delivered today (Friday) lunch time by DPD. 3 and a half days.

Ardent wrote:
    Bought the Mi 9T (blue) for €286 on Monday night. Delivered today (Friday) lunch time by DPD. 3 and a half days.

That's quick! Let us know how you get on with the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

That's quick! Let us know how you get on with the phone!

First impressions (coming from a pink-line-of-death Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) -

The phone is heavier than I thought it would be. But then it has a much larger screen and battery than my S7. Battery life is really good.

The AMOLED screen is fantastic - great colours and watching 18:9 movies is a treat.

It's REALLY snappy and responsive, even through it has the supposedly poorer 730 processor (compared to the 855 in the pro). Will be interesting to see how a custom ROM fares on this.

The camera is fine, but colours seem a little washed out in comparison to Samsung. Sound quality through built-in speakers is top notch.

Overall, the hardware is fantastic, amazing value for the money.

The Miui software takes some getting used to, e.g., it lacks an app screen/drawer. I was planning on rooting the device, but you first need to unlock the bootloader. After bouncing around a few confusing Chinese-language sites and reading a few horror stories on XDA I've decided not to risk it (for now).

So far, very happy with my purchase. Even if it only holds up for a year this feels like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

Ardent wrote: »
    The Miui software takes some getting used to, e.g., it lacks an app screen/drawer. I was planning on rooting the device, but you first need to unlock the bootloader. After bouncing around a few confusing Chinese-language sites and reading a few horror stories on XDA I've decided not to risk it (for now).

You can install a different launcher like nova without root to get the app drawer back.
    Also if you enable developer options there is a toggle at the very bottom to turn off miui optimization. This removes some of the more annoying miui features.

Update on my eglobal troubles

They want to wait 6 weeks to declare it lost

Contacted PayPal , they will refund me next Tuesday .

Then bought one from Honor buy this morning
    just got a shipment number and will have it on Wednesday .

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Update on my eglobal troubles

They want to wait 6 weeks to declare it lost

Contacted PayPal , they will refund me next Tuesday .

Then bought one from Honor buy this morning
    just got a shipment number and will have it on Wednesday .

Just read your issues with eglobal. I had the exact same. Arrived in DPD in Atlone and then lost. Had to do a chargeback on my Visa card. Took about 4 weeks to get my money back. Won't use eglobal again. Phone was an Xiaomi 9 SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Ordered one of these on Sunday and arrived before lunch today from Honorbuy, very efficient service.

Have people used them unplugged and let the battery run to 0 on first use? Something I'm always paranoid about but I'm not sure if it makes a difference these days..

Ordered one of these on Sunday and arrived before lunch today from Honorbuy, very efficient service.

Have people used them unplugged and let the battery run to 0 on first use? Something I'm always paranoid about but I'm not sure if it makes a difference these days..

doesn't make any difference

if you do want to prolong battery life / capacity the ideal is the only charge the battery to about 85% and discharge not below 15%

the last 10% to 15% of the charging cycle places a lot of wear on the battery

you can use free accubattery app to set a charge level alarm.

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Just read your issues with eglobal. I had the exact same. Arrived in DPD in Atlone and then lost. Had to do a chargeback on my Visa card. Took about 4 weeks to get my money back. Won't use eglobal again. Phone was an Xiaomi 9 SE.

sounds like DPD have a theft issue in the Athlone warehouse / sorting centre

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    sounds like DPD have a theft issue in the Athlone warehouse / sorting centre
    Yes and all coming from eglobal hmmm

massy086 wrote: »
    Yes and all coming from eglobal hmmm

well if the dpd tracking is showing that the items got to Athlone that info is coming from dpd, not eglobal

it's pretty easy to recognise a phone from the package shape and would know that it's going to be unlocked and new - easy to resell or pass on to a friend/family member and a small package size is trivial to get out of the warehouse

bit of a coincidence that at least 2 phones have disappeared in DPD Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Sorry to hear of the dpd issue. I was in a rush and needed one ASAP so got it on adverts. 128gb for 320. Must say it's a great phone. Exceeded my expectations. Delighted I didn't pay for a more expensive Samsung etc now.

coach22 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of the dpd issue. I was in a rush and needed one ASAP so got it on adverts. 128gb for 320. Must say it's a great phone. Exceeded my expectations. Delighted I didn't pay for a more expensive Samsung etc now.

Seller was in Athlone ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

glasso wrote: »
    Seller was in Athlone ?!

Ha! No Dublin. I don't think he was the guilty party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Tempted by this over paying the premium for the OP7T. How easy is it to get rid of MIUI and go more stock like a pixel or OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Bought from honour buy on Sunday evening and had it delivered this morning. Very impressed with them

Pacifico wrote: »
    Tempted by this over paying the premium for the OP7T. How easy is it to get rid of MIUI and go more stock like a pixel or OP?

MIUI is pretty good these days.

you can unlock the bootloader (there is a waiting period) with Xiaomi devices so can put a rom on if you want.

Bought it fromHonour buy yesterday morning , collected this morning at 9 .Unreal delivery time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I drove over my mate20 pro today ugh, looking at the 9t or 9t pro as a replacement, one thing slightly turning me off the 9t is the mate20 was that little bit too big for one hand use and the 9t is slightly bigger again. Any other similar alternatives that would be slightly smaller, but still have a 4000+mah battery and decent performance, and wont set me back what I paid for the mate20 lol?

Advertisement