Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

One bug I have is when you take a rake of photos on continuous photo burst they show in gallery as individual photos and not grouped as I had on oneplus previous.

Portrait mode seems a small bit grainy on head mode but better bokah control. Nightmode on gcam is quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Set it up last night - what a pain setting up a new phone is!! To be fair I backed everything up to google and all that cam back in along with apps etc. Relatively straightforward.

But setting up multiple mail accounts, outlook, all the other apps logins and verification is a complete pain. I'd say I spent 5 hours at it. Not the phones faulty just shows how much info is on these things and how dependent people are on them.

Enough of the mini rant - phone is really nice, has a good quality feel to it. Software is snappy and the pop up selfie camera is cool when it slides up glowing red. Battery seems great as it was doing a lot last night and consumption was low given all that was going on. The case that comes with it will do short term but needs a better one long term.

I guess we will find out how it performs over the next few days when Mrs Traco has been using it and manages to create all sort of problems.

Only two things I noted was that it wouldn't add a contact to the home screen so need a speed dialer app or another workaround. It also seems to asks each time to open an app for the first time to allow access to NFC. Any suggestions for sorting speed dial welcome. Will update again in a few days or next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just trivial things,but you can change the colour and sound the pop up camera makes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Just trivial things,but you can change the colour and sound the pop up camera makes

Yes. I watched a youtuber demoing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you change the colour of the selfie led without root?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭droidman123

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Can you change the colour of the selfie led without root?

Yes,and the sound it makes while popping up

https://www.guidingtech.com/best-xiaomi-mi-9t-redmi-k20-tips-tricks/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Will be ordering this in blue soon from Honorbuy. Any recommendations for cases or screen protectors for it? I note the only screen protector on the site has terrible reviews and I'm reading about some interfering with the thumbprint scanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you install the pixel experience do the likes of Google pay still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

JohnK wrote: »
    If you install the pixel experience do the likes of Google pay still work?

Haven't tried pixel exp, i use lawnchair great Android vibe to it and everything still works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Anyone got the latest price for the 9 and where to buy. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Blade wrote: »
    Will be ordering this in blue soon from Honorbuy. Any recommendations for cases or screen protectors for it? I note the only screen protector on the site has terrible reviews and I'm reading about some interfering with the thumbprint scanner?

All protectors will affect the scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

What do I need to do on WhatsApp to see if a message has been delivered/red? I'm sure its something super obvious but I can't seem to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

What's the warranty situation with this phone? Is there a 2 year warranty a la Samsung? If you buy from HonorBuy do you have to return to them in the event of an issue?

1 year warranty from the selling company.

they are not going to be as good as amazon but very low chance of something being wrong with modern QC and manufacturing tbh.

Anyone got the latest price for the 9 and where to buy. Thanks.

eglobal

honorbuy

as per usual

<300 for 64gb verison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

glasso wrote: »
    eglobal

honorbuy

as per usual

<300 for 64gb verison

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, I have only just bought this phone and just setting it up, I can't download the racing post app though, can anyone please help with how to do? I have installed apps from unknown sources but can't get the racing post app to install, I deleted it on my old phone to see if it was a problem with the racing post app but it installed no problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

has anyone bought this phone on banggood,and if so how long for delivery and also any customs charge ?,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Hi, my phone doesn't make any sound for notifications? Only I see them on the top of the screen I don't know I have any 😭 can someone please help me with this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

bassy wrote:
    has anyone bought this phone on banggood,and if so how long for delivery and also any customs charge ?,cheers.

Get it on eglobal, customs are included. One of the girls got one at work. Took 5 days for delivery.

tedpan wrote: »
    Get it on eglobal, customs are included. One of the girls got one at work. Took 5 days for delivery.

thanks tedpan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

tedpan wrote:

Except you have no warranty whatsoever with Eglobal.

gman2k wrote:
    Except you have no warranty whatsoever with Eglobal.

The same as anywhere in Asia, the warranty is with the manufacturer.

Honorbuy eglibol there is supposed to be over year seller warranty but they can be tricky about it.

But with modern phone QC standards and manufacturing unlikely to have an issue (low risk)

glasso wrote:
    But with modern phone QC standards and manufacturing unlikely to have an issue (low risk)

Exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone else find the portrait mode on the stock camera a bit grainy?
    So take the photo, then you can manually change the aperture to say 1.8 but then the subject looks grainy and not just at zoom in

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Bought one from Eglobal , disappeared when it got to Athlone on Thursday ,thx DPD .

rebeve wrote:
    Bought one from Eglobal , disappeared when it got to Athlone on Thursday ,thx DPD .

Ah god, How does that work, do DPD compensate eglobal and then they send a replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

tedpan wrote: »
    Ah god, How does that work, do DPD compensate eglobal and then they send a replacement?

I have a feeling it won't be easy , I have bought a good few phones from them before and no bother until now.
    Funny thing ,it was the first time the tracking went straight to the DPD system.I get the impression DPD couldn't care less .

Advertisement