Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Nope, I keep checking each day but so far nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

What are people paying for screen replacement ? I'm getting quoted 230e in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

phone wont charge , and wont turn on . Any thoughts other than Power button and vol down .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

gar wrote: »
    Has anyone received the miui 12 update yet? Not appeared here for me

Yeah I got it on the 24th June. A mate of mine is still waiting on it too for the 9t Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone having issues with auto brightness since the update? Mines all over the place so much so I've to disable it and do it manually .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Anyone looking for a mint condition Mi 9t? I bought one the other day to try. Prefer my Xperia 1 so it's up for sale.

Finally got the update to MIUI 12 this morning, can't change my lockscreen now. Any time I try go into wallpaper settings it just crashes back out, which is annoying.
    Other than that and the slightly annoying change to the swipe down action, it seems decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Finally got the update to MIUI 12 this morning, can't change my lockscreen now. Any time I try go into wallpaper settings it just crashes back out, which is annoying.
    Other than that and the slightly annoying change to the swipe down action, it seems decent enough.

You got the 9T or 9T pro? I'm still waiting for it on the mi 9t.

Pro.
    Got around the wallpaper thing by going through the MI Gallery app and setting the lockscreen from there.
    The new pull down menu is going to take a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Yeah still not update on 9T here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone elses auto brightness gone nuts since the update?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

tnegun wrote: »
    Anyone elses auto brightness gone nuts since the update?

I read of a few people who complained about that alright. Mine was always nuts even before the update. Never liked the auto brightness on this phone. I came from a OnePlus One, and that was way better for AB

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

popsy09 wrote: »
    What are people paying for screen replacement ? I'm getting quoted 230e in cork

That doesn't actually sound like a ridiculous price to me. I had to order a replacement screen from China. They cost around 90 quid off aliexpress, which is very expensive for the part alone. That's nearly Galaxy screen prices. In comparison, a screen for my previous Oneplus was around 20 quid.

You can change the swipe down so it's like Miui 11. I didn't like the new one at all in 12.

That doesn't actually sound like a ridiculous price to me. I had to order a replacement screen from China. They cost around 90 quid off aliexpress, which is very expensive for the part alone. That's nearly Galaxy screen prices. In comparison, a screen for my previous Oneplus was around 20 quid.

A new phone doesn't cost much more now I have another phone now I'll wait until prices come down before I fix it

You can change the swipe down so it's like Miui 11. I didn't like the new one at all in 12.

Good, that new swipe down is a pain in the hole.

A new phone doesn't cost much more now I have another phone now I'll wait until prices come down before I fix it

That might not be a bad idea. I've checked the prices of the lcd+touch there and in the last 3months since I've ordered one, they have dropped in price by over 30 quid.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000986825931.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.4000986825931&aff_trace_key=c57c8c3912824639a7ca6f6d55244e70-1595154527477-06079-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=6055amp-OyNlk3K5Rd8GIz3NscxQSw1595154549453&browser_id=8122bfbb638d4b618ffd14b6d095c190&is_c=N

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

My wife is no longer using her 9T Pro. It's in perfect condition/working order, screen protector and case from day one. It's the red flame colour, 6GB, 128GB version. Thought I'd offer it to fellow boardsies before putting it on adverts, PM me if interested.

51euros now without fingerprint which I never use , how hard are they to fit though

51euros now without fingerprint which I never use , how hard are they to fit though

There seems to be quite a bit of work involved..

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    There seems to be quite a bit of work involved..

Was just doing the same thing myself 😂 bit out of my league id say

Wonder would a phone shop do it if I brought screen , probably not I'd imagine 😂

popsy09 wrote:
    Wonder would a phone shop do it if I brought screen , probably not I'd imagine 😂

Maybe, although they'll probably charge 100e to fit it!!

tedpan wrote: »
    Maybe, although they'll probably charge 100e to fit it!!

I have a note 6 also with damaged screen I just ordered one 23e my friend is confident enough of being able to do it so I'll leave him have a go at the note 6 first

The replacement screen for the Xiaomi Mi 9T came from Aliexpress at the start of the week. It took about 5 weeks to deliver for $85 dollarydoos, or 74 euros. I installed it last night.

520777.png

520774.jpg

In summary, it was fiddly enough. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you haven't replaced a screen before.

You can buy a replacement lcd that is just the glass, or one attached to a replacement chassis. If you are unsure what one to get, get the one with the chassis as it will be easier to manage and will hopefully result in a stronger screen. If you get the one with the chassis you will have to transfer all the innards to the new one. This is more steps than replacing just the glass, but this is easier than having to remove the old glass from the chassis, clean it, and glue in the new glass. You will never get the glue as good as the factory IMHO so it wont be as strong.

I would recommend buying a new back for it while your at it as there is a good chance you will break it taking it off. Mine was already broken so I had a replacement at hand. You will need a small philips screwdriver, a decent spudger (not them terrible plastic ones that the screens typically come with), some guitar picks or cuts of plastic like a milk carton, and dental pick (alternatively, a tooth pick would suit too). A tweasers is optional. You will need a heat gun on a low temperature or a hairdryer on a hot temperature to loosen the glue. I couldnt find a decent guide on how to do it so I winged alot of it. Thankfully all the screws are the same size bar one. Whatever you do, dont rush it. I had to re-learn the fingerprints on it when it was done. Some crap quality photos are attached.

The replacement screen seems fine. Its supposed to be an official replacement, but the colours seem a tiny bit more yellow and the touches dont seem to get registered as well as before. If its a fake its a very good one.

520776.jpg
    520772.jpg

Some more photos attached.

Are you in cork and fancy doing mine 🤣🤣

Are you in cork and fancy doing mine ����
    Christ no, i hope never to have to open one up again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

gar wrote: »
    Yeah still not update on 9T here

MIUI 12 just landed on my Mi 9T.

looks good, but can't figure out the floating window feature - does not seem to work at all - what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

@SchrodingersCat I'm waiting on a screen + frame from AliExpress. Which seller did you use? I was half tempted to get glass only to save me transferring all the small parts and actually went to the bother of removing the old screen which was not that difficult. I already have the correct glue (B-7000) and clamps but it was too difficult to remove the old adhesive properly.

By the looks of things I'd day most of the screens/frames come from the same factory in China and more than likely not genuine. They seem to include volume and power buttons which is great as I know from other phones they can be tricky to transfer over.

Was it easy enough to transfer the copper heatsink over from to the new frame? Did you use new heatsink compound?

The back came off easy enough for me thanks to lots if heat from the wife's hairdryer, a suction cup and a guitar pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

HI all,
    from reading through the posts people seem to be happy with their Mi 9T and pro
    I'm thinking of getting one but before I do has anyone any thoughts on the 9T non pro v Note 10 (or 10 lite)
    I have my choice narrowed to one of these.
    Am I right in thinking that the Note 10 mostly offers a better battery and slightly better camera? making it a bit heavier.
    Anything else i should look out for
    thanks
    F

Advertisement