Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I bought my Pocophone there 18 months ago without issue, but since then a few friends have had major problems.

Pricing is also an issue - the Pocophone for example is selling for the same price 18 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kev600

Can anyone else link me to a more reputable company but sells the 8gb ram version of the MI 9T Pro that would work in Ireland. The only version with 8gb of ram that I can find is with eglobal. I cant seem to find another one and eglobal is seems a bit too risky for my liking.

I even tried the 6gb ram version on honorbuy but they seem to be out of stock and its unclear if they will be back in stock or not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

You can get them on adverts for 399, it is the 6GB version though.

Edit 359e here https://touch.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/new-xiaomi-mi-9t-pro-128gb-6gb-ram-unlocked-dual-sim-48mp-triple-cam-flame-red/19996367

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Why the 8GB one specifically?

Seems a lot better for the small extra. Can’t seem to get it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Kev600 wrote: »
    Seems a lot better for the small extra. Can’t seem to get it though.
    Is the 8gb model using the 855 processor

massy086 wrote:
    Is the 8gb model using the 855 processor

Yes, the same as the 6GB versions. The 8GB has 256GB storage though..

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Bought one of these a few months ago. Phone is A1 only one fault I have is the signal is not great outside of big towns. Wonder is there any settings or anything I can do to improve it slightly? A bit annoying with calls dropping in areas that were fine on my Samsung S7.

Bought one of these a few months ago. Phone is A1 only one fault I have is the signal is not great outside of big towns. Wonder is there any settings or anything I can do to improve it slightly? A bit annoying with calls dropping in areas that were fine on my Samsung S7.

Where did you buy yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Did you get the Xiaomi or Redmi version?
    Also, what network are you with.

I have the pro on Vodafone and generally have full signal everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Bought it in a phoneshop in Catherine Street, Limerick.

It's the Xiaomi version and my network is Eir.

Phone is fine other than that bit annoying on drive home it drops on 3 different spots it used to be fine on my Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Hi, I dropped phone and now display is gone, think it's damage to the inner LED screen, with pixelation and screen bleed. Does anyone know of a store in Dublin that might have replacement components that I could check in with?
    Tried the mobile phone repair shop in St Stephens Green shopping centre as well as new repair shop just before McDonalds on Grafton, but no joy with either. Don't want to have to wait weeks on end for order of screen replacement.

Hi - Did you have any luck getting your screen replaced? OH smashed hers today. Thanks

Hi - Did you have any luck getting your screen replaced? OH smashed hers today. Thanks

A friend smashed his last week, was quoted 200e. He ended up buying another 9T as there's a big chance the replacement display wouldn't be as good as the original..

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

tedpan wrote: »
    A friend smashed his last week, was quoted 200e. He ended up buying another 9T as there's a big chance the replacement display wouldn't be as good as the original..

Cheers thanks a mill for the info. Do you know where he bought the new one from. Used eglobal the last time and was 5 weeks. Phone is not functional so need it sooner this time.

Cheers thanks a mill for the info. Do you know where he bought the new one from. Used eglobal the last time and was 5 weeks. Phone is not functional so need it sooner this time.

No probs, he got it on adverts for 269e, but it seems the price has gone up :( must be the supply and demand. Eglobal is slower than ever at the moment, it would probably take a similar time to the last time..
    I found this on eBay, it's opened but new. By far the cheapest I could find. Use PayPal and parcel motel and you should have it quickly.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383566241823

Forgot to add, that one has no accessories or charger, I'm assuming you still have the old ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Has anyone experience the screens to be quite delicate and prone to cracking more so than Samsungs? I have had a screen protector since the start, but a good few cracks propogating from edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Has anyone experience the screens to be quite delicate and prone to cracking more so than Samsungs? I have had a screen protector since the start, but a good few cracks propogating from edges.
    Is it a glass screen protector you have on the phone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Anyone else get the MIUI 12 update today? MI 9T Pro here. It's pretty slick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I didn't know there were different types. It came with fone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Blade wrote: »

Also on a 9T pro, no update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Andrea B. wrote: »

No cracks here and that's without a screen protector. I have got 1 small scratch though, from having it in a gear bag at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Yeah got it here didn't even know it was coming nice new feel to the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No update for me yet. Just checked. I've a 9t 8gb/256gb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone know the story with the call recorder in the latest update? There was talk a few months back they were going to disable it so I've held off updating as its a very handy feature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

JohnK wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with the call recorder in the latest update? There was talk a few months back they were going to disable it so I've held off updating as its a very handy feature.

I didn't think the call recorder was ever activated in the EU? Thought I read somewhere that Google wouldn't allow it in the EU and it was only available in India and Far East? I was under the impression that you could only record your own side of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I didn't think the call recorder was ever activated in the EU? Thought I read somewhere that Google wouldn't allow it in the EU and it was only available in India and Far East? I was under the impression that you could only record your own side of the conversation.

The global version I got in September had it as a feature that could be turned on and records both sides of the call, one of the handiest features I've found. There was talk then a few months back that it would be disabled in, I think the v10 android update, but that it might be re-enabled in a future one again but all talk at the time died down and I've not heard anything since. Been holding off updating as I don't want to lose the feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

JohnK wrote: »

I know that with one of the android updates they made it harder to call record now anyway and the call recorder on my phone from the app store becamw useless and I couldnt find a decent replacement.. I have the Global Version too and never knew there was talk of disabling it, I find it very handy too & it would defintley make me think twice about updating

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I know that with one of the android updates they made it harder to call record now anyway and the call recorder on my phone from the app store becamw useless and I couldnt find a decent replacement.. I have the Global Version too and never knew there was talk of disabling it, I find it very handy too & it would defintley make me think twice about updating

Don't update then because it's definitely not on the latest MIUI 12 update on the Mi 9t Pro. I read it had something to do with the Google Dialer and EU regulations on recording calls. I read in the help section that the other party is automatically notified that the call is being recorded, and when it's ended. It's only available in certain countries like I think India, so the only way is to manually flash a ROM from these countries or regions AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Has anyone received the miui 12 update yet? Not appeared here for me

Advertisement