Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

tigerboon wrote: »
    Money grubbing scumbag c**t

She is quite representative of Irish society then. There are about 40000 personal injury claims in the country every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Didn't mention her in my post

Didn't mention her in my post

Didn't mention her in my post.
    Cheers though you are a prize example of blind party allegiance, I can find your carbon copy on a thread extolling the values of FF, Labour, Greens etc etc. Depressing tbh.

“You support FG no matter what and see all criticism as an attack to be defended against”

This is your quote.

As i said never once defended this idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

This is your quote.
    I have no interest in quoting your first post on this thread.
    As i said never once defended this idiot.
    I took the time the type out a polite and reasoned response to you and the above is your reply . I expected more, if only for kicks and giggles. You take this stuff too seriously and that's being honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

She is quite representative of Irish society then. There are about 40000 personal injury claims in the country every year.

Been in the 4 courts as a "technical witness " a couple of times. If you stand back for a bit and look at all the briefcases walking through, it is fairly obvious all those lads have to be paid. The awards on any day have to pay that bill. Nothing to do with what's right and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,576 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone have a picture of the offending swing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Very little. They being in power has minimised it. Not giving them an overall majority at the last election did some harm, but FF have done a sterling job in supporting FG. Credit where its due.

The main problem is the average Irish voter whose blinkered view always regards those in power as clowns. It really doesnt matter what hue of government parties it is, single party, coalition, minority, rainbow, left support, right supported centre, independent propped - the simplistic view sees it all the same because it does not deliver miracles. The more sophisticated view, like mine, and not that many other people in this country, recognises these unrealistic expectations for what they are - unrealistic. And that the ability of the Irish to govern is very low. But just because it is low, it doesnt mean those in power are crap, and should be turfed out. Only the really naive follow the delusion that because those in power arent doing a great job, those who arent doing it, are the solution.

Its problematic. But the bottom line is that the Irish get the low performing governance they vote for, and that reflects the overall ability of the nation for self government.

Incumbents are always the best option because I voted for them before, and sunken-cost fallacy leads me to vote for them again.

I love the way in the act of posting something so profoundly contradictory and silly you manage to declare yourself 'sophisticated.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-fall-38146778.html

Ruh Roh, this does not bode well for her. Even if she wins the case, she isn't looking to good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,576 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stung!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It's amazing to me that nobody sees the demand amongst the electorate for a party for the workers of Ireland, a genuine worker's party, not the farcical "worker's party" currently in existence.

Those in the Dail are probably too insulated to realise it but surely an outsider would have realised it by now. Even the likes of FG who those on the left will say are only interested in serving the rich etc, the reality is that they have been pandering to the likes of Margaret Cash etc for years now.

Crying shame that there are no real viable alternatives to FG outside of the independent vote.

Renua?

They’re pandering to the likes of Margaret Cash at arms length thank god.

Peoole aren’t stupid.

If SF or FF get in its own season for the spongers.
    May as well have Miss Cash in power as the FG claim sponges that we have now. It's the ordinary working (wo)man getting shafted by both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

And that the ability of the Irish to govern is very low.

You sound a British Tory from 200 years ago. Best we conquer the natives and they will thank us for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Calhoun wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-fall-38146778.html

Ruh Roh, this does not bode well for her. Even if she wins the case, she isn't looking to good.

Not just any 10K - but the one in Dun Laoighaire. Have done that a few times and it isn’t the the easiest route going given the hills and inclines in the first half of it. Not a race I would be do doing if I was ‘injured’ as such!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

racersedge wrote: »
    Not just any 10K - but the one in Dun Laoighaire. Have done that a few times and it isn’t the the easiest route going given the hills and inclines in the first half of it. Not a race I would be do doing if I was ‘injured’ as such!

If she was that bad she wouldn't have a hope of strolling down the local shop never mind doing this run.....

Honestly hope she is shot down.....

Funny how these rich folk live in a different universe to those she is meant to serve ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

When this is laughed out of court, can costs be awarded against her?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Jesus so not just a spurious claim but a fraudulent claim to boot.

Leo has little option but to expel her from the party

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

theteal wrote:

And can her solicitor/barrister and all who enabled this nonsense be fined/struck off?

Yet another case that should have been greeted with with a quick 'would you ever feck off with your nonsense' the first visit to a solicitor, not a salivating slobber at the thoughts of money all round for the trough snufflers.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,296 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus she comes across as one narcissistic kint.

I really hope this is thrown out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,836 ✭✭✭✭listermint

theteal wrote: »

I believe they can, there is precedent for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

spurious wrote: »
    And can her solicitor/barrister and all who enabled this nonsense be fined/struck off?

Yet another case that should have been greeted with with a quick 'would you ever feck off with your nonsense' the first visit to a solicitor, not a salivating slobber at the thoughts of money all round for the trough snufflers.

Her legal representation in this case is the family law firm of colleague Josepha Madigan. It’s some country

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They seriously have to start awarding costs against these chancers.
    Once lawyers realise then they've no chance of getting paid they'll stop doing this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The judge is in a tricky position now. They have to give a judgment on someone without being influenced by the coverage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

lawred2 wrote: »
    Jesus so not just a spurious claim but a fraudulent claim to boot.

Leo has little option but to expel her from the party

They wheeled her out in front of the cameras the day after the story broke and put her next to E Murphy and Damien English. All smiles the three of them.

Leo is weak, and has no intention of canning her. The M.O. is to brazen it out for a week and hope that the story dies.

Eyes on a junior ministry the next time on the horse, and before you know it, she's Health Minister or Justice Minister - burning the gaffe down with incompetence for a cool six-figure salary.

That's how it works guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope the judge throws the case out now and makes her pay the costs.

At this stage it is a fraudulent claim (everything that is wrong with the industry at the moment) and this needs to be dealt with by the FG party too.

Maybe this will be the case that finally drives the government, the law and insurance industry to reforms

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If she wants 60k so bad all she needs to do is submit some expenses :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

"The plaintiff was in severe pain. Her jaw was swollen and her bite was off line," her lawyers say, adding that she was "stiff and sore and had a severe headache".

ive had that after a night out
    its called a hangover

She should be proscued and punished for her fraud and never be allowed to be involved in politics again ,

but then again there are more people with criminal convictions in the dail right now than you would find in the average north side pub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sounds like insurance fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

What the number for the insurance faud hotline? There use to be an add on the radio about reporting suspect claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think a follow up email in light of the new information demanding resignation would be appropriate. It is insurance fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What the number for the insurance faud hotline? There use to be an add on the radio about reporting suspect claims?

https://www.insuranceconfidential.ie/
    If you have seen or know of an individual or business who has committed Insurance Fraud
    please let us know by filling out the form below or talk to one of our experts on lo-call 1890 333 333.

Boardsies, you know what to do!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement