Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

recedite wrote: »
    No need to imagine. [snip]

The school's webhosting decisions aside: why do you feel it is necessary to re-share photos of schoolchildren? Please do not post those links again. I don't take any more kindly to what you did than doxing: just because information is publicly accessible, doesn't mean what you are doing with it is responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I see black people

So colour means more to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

batgoat wrote: »
    Please do explain, who is this mastermind? Btw, posting a primary schools photo pages to gauge the skin colour of students is truly the creepiest thing I've seen a user in an effort to justify their racism.
    You tell me. Who has decided in the last few years to open DP centres in all the towns and communities around rural Ireland?
    BTW, I didn't post those photos on the internet. I posted a link to the school website. If you object to the photos being in the public domain, have a word with the school principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No.

I believe the "offending" part of Gemmas tweet was that it contained the words "the changing face of Longford in rural Ireland".
    Do you object to that on the basis that it was inaccurate, or on the basis that she mentioned that which is unmentionable?

Targeting any segment of the population, particularly children to illustrate a straw man argument such "the changing face of Longford" is clearly racist.

Just what face was she alluding to?
    The influx of young people to a county that at past is stagnant?
    Or their colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You tell me. Who has decided in the last few years to open DP centres in all the towns and communities around rural Ireland?
    BTW, I didn't post those photos on the internet. I posted a link to the school website. If you object to the photos being in the public domain, have a word with the school principal.

The photos are online for parents and the community. They are not there to generate hate speech which is what you and Gemma used them for. It's disgusting.

Okay, so your conspiracy is yet another vague great replacement conspiracy. Your proof of it is random photos from a school... Meanwhile most people view it as a racist dog whistle...

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Targeting any segment of the population, particularly children to illustrate a straw man argument such "the changing face of Longford" is clearly racist.
    Its hardly a "strawman" if the school's own photos directly illustrate her text.
    And its hardly "targeting"... unless you can "target" somebody with facts.

Its hardly a "strawman" if the school's own photos directly illustrate her text.

What are your facts?
    That black and protestant children exist and attend school in Longford?

What issue do you have with a growth in the population of black families west of the Shannon?

What are your facts?
    That black and protestant children exist and attend school in Longford?
    That is one fact, yes.
    What issue do you have with a growth in the population of black families west of the Shannon?
    Your knowledge of Irish geography is not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

A handful of photos proves absolutely nothing outside of the fact that you were trawling a random primary school's website.... The worst part is you see absolutely nothing wrong with doing so, it is targeting of minors because of their skin colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

So colour means more to you?

I’m just quoting my sixth sense..

• Advertisement

That is one fact, yes.
    Your knowledge of Irish geography is not very good.

Apologies for the west slip.
    Now just so I can have a grasp at what you dance around.
    Would you please care to elucidate what the rest of the "facts" about those black children attending school are?

Are they depriving local children of school places?
    Are they depriving local children of services?
    Are they isolating themselves?
    Are they and their families refusing to integrate with the local community?

Are they or their families forcing Protestantism on the community?
    What threat do these children, many of whom are Irish pose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Why would Gemma be so insistent on 'the defacto public platform'? If it is a free speech issue, why wouldn't she just set up her own video hosting facility?

And it's not correct to say that hate speech would get her in trouble with the law. There is no law against hate speech in Ireland.

There's no point in doing that. How will she ( or anyone ) appeal to their audience away from the defacto public platform?

It's like having a public square where everyone goes to discuss community issues and then sending her down to a side street where nobody goes. It makes no sense.

Hate speech meaning incitement to violence, which is illegal.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m just quoting my sixth sense..

So the 6 senses

1. See
    2. Hear
    3. Smell
    4. Touch
    5. Taste
    6. Racist

Gotcha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Gerry G wrote: »
    I see that Gemma is now mentioning unicorns in almost everything she speaks about. She even thinks the Guards will be riding around on Globalist unicorns very soon and that Avoca woolen mills are trying to indoctrinate children into their new world order by putting colourful stripes on beige jumpers. Does she not have any family or friends at all that might seek the help she needs?

I’ve been living under a rock for a while, what’s the deal with this Gemma o Doherty and why does everyone hate her?

And it's not correct to say that hate speech would get her in trouble with the law. There is no law against hate speech in Ireland.
    Your knowledge of Irish law is not very good.

Apologies for the west slip.
    Now just so I can have a grasp at what you dance around.
    Would you please care to elucidate what the rest of the "facts" about those black children attending school are?

Are they depriving local children of school places?
    Are they depriving local children of services?
    Are they isolating themselves?
    Are they and their families refusing to integrate with the local community?

Are they or their families forcing Protestantism on the community?
    What threat do these children, many of whom are Irish pose?
    The main fact is the one that Gemma mentioned; Gemmas tweet contained the words "the changing face of Longford in rural Ireland".
    But if you want to go deeper into the ramifications of having a state funded school full of black protestants in Longford, how do you think this affects social cohesion in the local community? Better or worse?

The unique nature of Irish culture and ethnicity generally- strengthened or weakened?

Ireland can of course integrate a small number of outsiders. But often there seems to be no attempt to integrate them, and it is not a small number either.

So then the question must be asked, who decided to make Ireland into a multi-cultural and multi-racial globalist society?
    I don't remember the ordinary citizens of Ireland ever being asked for their opinion on it.

The main fact is the one that Gemma mentioned; Gemmas tweet contained the words "the changing face of Longford in rural Ireland".
    But if you want to go deeper into the ramifications of having a state funded school full of black protestants in Longford, how do you think this affects social cohesion in the local community? Better or worse?

The unique nature of Irish culture and ethnicity generally- strengthened or weakened?

Ireland can of course integrate a small number of outsiders. But often there seems to be no attempt to integrate them, and it is not a small number either.

So then the question must be asked, who decided to make Ireland into a multi-cultural and multi-racial globalist society?
    I don't remember the ordinary citizens of Ireland ever being asked for their opinion on it.

Ah here we go with this shìte again, we need to raise more god fearing alcoholica lads, sure what do these black lads know about "de craìc" ffs :rolleyes:

So if the "newcomers" were northern European protestant?
    Would you and your colleagues display the same amount of fear for cultural dilution?

Would a photo of a school full of northern European children be in any way useful to illustrate "the changing face of Longford"?

Would a photo of a school with a high ratio of Polish, Lithuanian, Latvian or other ethnic children not illustrate Gemma's point?
    Or do white kids not illustrate the threat to Irish cultural integrity in quite the same fashion?

So if the "newcomers" were northern European protestant?
    Would you and your colleagues display the same amount of fear for cultural dilution?

Would a photo of a school full of northern European children be in any way useful to illustrate "the changing face of Longford"?

Would a photo of a school with a high ratio of Polish, Lithuanian, Latvian or other ethnic children not illustrate Gemma's point?
    Or do white kids not illustrate the threat to Irish cultural integrity in quite the same fashion?
    Interesting questions. I suppose you would have to ask yourself what makes the Irish different to people in any other country. Or whether they should be any different.

Is it a good thing to have a diversity of different ethnicities and cultures in the world?

From the perspective of the global market, which only sees money, cultural and ethnic diversity is a bad thing. Its a form of irregularity in the global marketplace and should be stamped out.
    As you can see, I don't believe that multiculturalism leads to diversity. In the long run its the opposite. What you get is a creeping homogenisation and sameness throughout the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Ah here we go with this shìte again, we need to raise more god fearing alcoholica lads, sure what do these black lads know about "de craìc" ffs :rolleyes:

That's absolutely not what he said. Humans are tribal by nature. People coming from the third world bring different cultures (many that aren't compatible with ours). No assimilation or integration provided.

I lived among a Somali community in Acton, London. Anyhow, the place was grotty, noisy, smelly, and every night outside my flat there were Somalis dealing drugs and fighting, with the odd stabbing. This would not happen in an area like Barnes, or Parsons green.

Some cultures are better than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why are you being coy about this?
    You've already gone full on embarrassing conspiracy theorist with your above posts so why not explain who you think is behind your conspiracy theory?
    Is it Jews?
    Lizard people?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

lufties wrote: »
    I lived among a Somali community in Acton, London. Anyhow, the place was grotty, noisy, smelly, and every night outside my flat there were Somalis dealing drugs and fighting, with the odd stabbing. This would not happen in an area like Barnes, or Parsons green.

I lived in the UK for awhile, encountered all of the above and more from white British, harassment, and not just from drug-dealing kids in hoodies on bikes. Likewise lived in several parts of Ireland, encountered the same in Dublin and Limerick from local Irish. Common denominator? there are scumbags in every country/culture, and sometimes, due to economic factors, they go to other countries and are scumbags there.

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    There's no point in doing that. How will she ( or anyone ) appeal to their audience away from the defacto public platform?

It's like having a public square where everyone goes to discuss community issues and then sending her down to a side street where nobody goes. It makes no sense.

Hate speech meaning incitement to violence, which is illegal.

Except google is not a public square. There is a very distinct and clear difference, and the metaphor doesn’t legally apply.

As for secondary avenues/sidestreets/dark web/conspiracy blogs, depending on who you ask that actually adds to the appeal.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I lived in the UK for awhile, encountered all of the above and more from white British, harassment, and not just from drug-dealing kids in hoodies on bikes. Likewise lived in several parts of Ireland, encountered the same in Dublin and Limerick from local Irish. Common denominator? there are scumbags in every country/culture, and sometimes, due to economic factors, they go to other countries and are scumbags there.
    Same is true of my experience in Ireland, and parts of the USA, all backgrounds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OleRodrigo wrote: »

Why does she need to appeal to an audience?
    The right to free speech doesn't require that you are given a wide audience and the ad revenue from them.

She's free to set up her own website and advertise it as she pleases.
    People would be free to share and recommend her mad racist tripe to their hearts content.

The real reason she's protesting is not because her free speech is being infringed, but her revenue stream and source of attention is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Battery Power

Who's financing her? What about her entourage, are they all on the dole? Why is she decrying her 'freedom of speech' being revoked when she's uploading protest videos every day... to YOUTUBE?

They're not removing them. What's her ultimate goal, to incite rioting? Surely there will reach a tipping-point where even the most ardent zealout realises that no-one cares- so how then will they continue to vent their frustrations? When petulent children aren't being listened to, watch out!

She seems very narcissistic to me, what's so special about her, she's the one who flouted the terms and conditions of being a Youtube channel holder. Typical of a narcissist, she's 'innocent'.

What do we want?
    Gemma to stop whining!
    When do we want it?
    NOW!

Interesting questions. I suppose you would have to ask yourself what makes the Irish different to people in any other country. Or whether they should be any different.

Is it a good thing to have a diversity of different ethnicities and cultures in the world?

That's a very good effort at dancing around the question.
    Do the Poles get a pass because they had a Pope?
    Are white kids just similar enough to "us" that we don't need to worry as much about cultural taint?
    Why could a photo of North European immigrants not be used?
    Is it because in such a photo, the changing face is harder to spot in a sea of white ones?
    The use of the photo Gemma chose, is a dog whistle.
    It is racist and it is a call to racist motivation.

From the perspective of the global market, which only sees money, cultural and ethnic diversity is a bad thing. Its a form of irregularity in the global marketplace and should be stamped out.

This view ignores the move across all forms of manufacturing and marketing towards customer individualisation.
    There is far more profit to be had from market segmentation and servicing "unique and individual" customers and regions than in homogeneity.
    The usual argument for homogeneity relies on an underpinning of "economies of scale", when those same benefits are applied to a strategy that allows market segmentation and niche servicing profits grow far more than if churning out a generic product.

As you can see, I don't believe that multiculturalism leads to diversity. In the long run its the opposite. What you get is a creeping homogenisation and sameness throughout the world.

That's quite a long winded description of racist.
    Thank you for the explanation, and the attempt to obfuscate that racist theory behind a veneer of protection of cultural uniqueness.

I’ve been living under a rock for a while, what’s the deal with this Gemma o Doherty and why does everyone hate her?

She speaks the truth, and is against the globalist/neo liberal agenda. She is also an advocate of free speech, patriotism, laws of nature, and anti corruption.

The looneys call her names because they are either paid to, or they cant handle truth, fairness, and justice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

lufties wrote: »
    She speaks the truth, and is against the globalist/neo liberal agenda. She is also an advocate of free speech, patriotism, laws of nature, and anti corruption.

The looneys call her names because they are either paid to, or they cant handle truth, fairness, and justice

So you believe in chemtrails?

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Ok, well I concede that Ireland and the UK are not mature and cohesive even prior to third world invasion. So, let's look at a country like Sweden or Germany. Traditionally both countries are ethnically 'white', and peaceful with very low crime.

Since the import of Islamic migrants, both countries have seen crime statistics skyrocket, namely that of rape.

Some cultures are better than others...

Advertisement