Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

She's off to Google at 2pm again today, huge crowds expected again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,702 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow to be unemployed and self important

Overheal wrote: »

It's incredible. The sense of entitlement coming from her is astounding and a quick look at her twitter page (if you havent already been blocked) gives a great insight into her followers. They're all crazies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Self employed ;)

It's self employed, as an anti-corruption crusader and speaker of the truth...

Who's wages are funnily enough in the main probably paid by the unemployed and pensioners ;)
    Surely that's a roundabout means of government support?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Soros is funding her. She’s a double agent who’s been put in place to undermine the real fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭whippet

She is everything she seems to be giving out about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

If you look at her followers, the same people insisting Google and YouTube should be forced to allow her have ‘free speech’, are exactly the people complaining that a bakery shouldn’t be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding.

I’m not kidding.

You couldn’t write this sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If you look at her followers, the same people insisting Google and YouTube should be forced to allow her have ‘free speech’, are exactly the people complaining that a bakery shouldn’t be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding.

I’m not kidding.

You couldn’t write this sh!t

It's been mentioned several times in this thread and non if her supporters seem to see the posts or don't want to answer bit I'll throw it out there again and lets see if one of them has the guts to step up and answer.

Gemma claims her right to "free speech" has been taken away by youtube, Gemma does not take criticism and if you do not agree with her she will block you from Youtube/Facebook/Twitter.

For such a staunch advocate of free speech i ask anyone who supprts her, why does Gemma shut down other peoples free speech?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It's been mentioned several times in this thread and non if her supporters seem to see the posts or don't want to answer bit I'll throw it out there again and lets see if one of them has the guts to step up and answer.

Gemma claims her right to "free speech" has been taken away by youtube, Gemma does not take criticism and if you do not agree with her she will block you from Youtube/Facebook/Twitter.

For such a staunch advocate of free speech i ask anyone who supprts her, why does Gemma shut down other peoples free speech?

The implied answer seems to be ‘free speech! But only if you agree with me! If not piss off!’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Isn't there a difference between blocking somebody from your personal account on a platform and lobbying to have somebody actually de-platformed? I could be wrong but I've never heard of her calling for a public figure to be censored\de-platformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seanachai wrote: »
    Isn't there a difference between blocking somebody from your personal account on a platform and lobbying to have somebody actually de-platformed? I could be wrong but I've never heard of her calling for a public figure to be censored\de-platformed.

who has lobbied for her to be deplatformed? Who is this mysterious cabaal that is out to get her?

who has lobbied for her to be deplatformed? Who is this mysterious cabaal that is out to get her?

The globalist capitalist elite. Havent you heard?

As a reminder she got herself “deplatformed” when she circumvented her 7 day suspension.

As a reminder she got herself “deplatformed” when she circumvented her 7 day suspension.

And she's continuing to circumvent on other channels. She is still wearing the same beige trousers btw. The hum must be shockin

Yes at least some suggestive evidence that she’s using sock puppet accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pat Power should start taking bets on when she'll give up. Because Google will not be reversing this. Doesn't matter how many people show up or for how long. Just not happening.

The Nal wrote: »
    Pat Power should start taking bets on when she'll give up. Because Google will not be reversing this. Doesn't matter how many people show up or for how long. Just not happening.

Is she banned for good or will it be like the last time she was banned for a week? She protested and whinged for a week, got her channel back and claimed a massive victory over the whole world. Ok maybe not the whole world but definitely against Google

Gerry G wrote: »
    Is she banned for good or will it be like the last time she was banned for a week? She protested and whinged for a week, got her channel back and claimed a massive victory over the whole world. Ok maybe not the whole world but definitely against Google

No shes done, for good. And they obviously can't reverse the decision because that sets a precedent. She could "protest" outside Google for 10 years and they won't do anything.

She is a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Lobbying was the wrong word to use, I'm not talking about cabals, just people online calling for her to be banned and censored. She does block people that pester her, but I've never heard her saying 'x' should be banned from speaking, 'y' should be taken off of Youtube\Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lobbying was the wrong word to use, I'm not talking about cabals, just people online calling for her to be banned and censored. She does block people that pester her, but I've never heard her saying 'x' should be banned from speaking, 'y' should be taken off of Youtube\Facebook.

she is banned because she broke the rules she agreed to when she signed up. and not for the first time. and you're right i dont think i have ever seen her ask for somebody to be banned. Probably because they haven't broken the rules like she has so it would be pointless. Instead she prefers to get her supporters to harass the people she doesn't like .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Seanachai wrote:
    She wasn't banned because of what she was saying. She was banned for breaking Youtubes rules. But shes claiming her free speach was silenced because of what she was saying.

And thats not true.

She blocks anyone who says anything bad about her. Not even pestering, just mentioning her name. Not even @ either.

The fact that she hasn't seemed to change her trousers for days now is a clear indicator of mental illness.

Here she is running in them last week. Its very hot lately too.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

She regularly suggests that the people on her enemies list will go to prison, Leo Varadkar, the head of Twitter, whoever has annoyed her on that particular day.

No! She blocks people who question her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

She regularly suggests that the people on her enemies list will go to prison, Leo Varadkar, the head of Twitter, whoever has annoyed her on that particular day.

That's QANON territory, everyone who disagrees with me is going to jail (with the Qult obviously it's everyone who disagrees with me is a pedo).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its been well documented she called for Fiona O'Leary to be "dealt with" and that she has sent numerous solicitors letters out threatening people in order to shut them up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

She hasn't been "deplatformed" due to any lobbying, she was booted off a private site for persistent violation of that terms T&C's.

Why does she block people.who.disagree with her? Is Gemma the only one entitled to "free speech"?

She hasn't been "deplatformed" due to any lobbying, she was booted off a private site for persistent violation of that terms T&C's.

Why does she block people.who.disagree with her? Is Gemma the only one entitled to "free speech"?

In her head, yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well she and her ilk are very sensitive and easily triggered so they want a place where they dont have to see anything offensive like people with differing, more supported and less horrible views.
    They just want a safe space.
    A safe space that comes with clicks and ad revenue ideally...

Advertisement