Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skippy123!

bdogg wrote: »
    Wow. At least somebody knows how to acquire and sell a car to a customer! All Tesla Sandyford can do is take deposits it seems!

Which is completely useless... We can do that ourselves on Tesla web page...

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Shamelessly stolen from Tesla Motor Club, doesn’t tie in with November deliveries but interesting....

The Delphine, which has been used several times to transport M3s from Zeebrugge to Grimsby, has travelled from Zeebrugge to Dublin over the last couple of days and moored there this morning. I have no idea if that is significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Form a boarding party! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

bf wrote: »
    Shamelessly stolen from Tesla Motor Club, doesn’t tie in with November deliveries but interesting....

The Delphine, which has been used several times to transport M3s from Zeebrugge to Grimsby, has travelled from Zeebrugge to Dublin over the last couple of days and moored there this morning. I have no idea if that is significant.

Given Tesla hasn’t requested payment details from anyone I highly doubt it’s carrying any Model 3s.

Just checked & it’s just leaving Dublin Port already, docked at 7am this morning. Plenty of time to get a few hundred cars off. Down with the binoculars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

The government have told motor dealers not to apply grants for 2020 cars until after the budget and there have been hints from the government that grants could be replaced by a scrappage scheme. Maybe it's a gradual ramping down of grants over a few years, with a parallel ramping up of scrappage scheme, but maybe it's a complete switch in January.

Imagine that's what happens and no grants are available for cars registered in January. Since it's possible (likely maybe) that the Irish Model 3s won't be available for registration until January, what do people do? Cancel the order? Continue with it and pay 10k more?

Or maybe when Tesla find out from the budget in early October that this is coming and ramp up the Irish deliveries to arrive in November or December, if that's even possible. Do you continue and register it as a 192 car in December?

Would there be an influx of orders for December registration the day after the budget? If so and Tesla failed to deliver them before January, then everyone's hit with 10K extra cost, so lots of cancelled orders probably.

I'd imagine that a scrappage scheme would harm the market for the Model 3, since a scrappage scheme is intended to take older cars off the road and that's probably not the segment that Tesla are targetting.

Maybe interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Won't be paying 10k more, not an option so I'd have to cancel. Don't care about 192 plates, if I got the car in Dec I'd be happy having waited 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

jusmeig wrote: »
    Won't be paying 10k more, not an option so I'd have to cancel. Don't care about 192 plates, if I got the car in Dec I'd be happy having waited 3 years.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

_dof_ wrote: »
    The government have told motor dealers not to apply grants for 2020 cars until after the budget and there have been hints from the government that grants could be replaced by a scrappage scheme. Maybe it's a gradual ramping down of grants over a few years, with a parallel ramping up of scrappage scheme, but maybe it's a complete switch in January.

Imagine that's what happens and no grants are available for cars registered in January. Since it's possible (likely maybe) that the Irish Model 3s won't be available for registration until January, what do people do? Cancel the order? Continue with it and pay 10k more?

Or maybe when Tesla find out from the budget in early October that this is coming and ramp up the Irish deliveries to arrive in November or December, if that's even possible. Do you continue and register it as a 192 car in December?

Would there be an influx of orders for December registration the day after the budget? If so and Tesla failed to deliver them before January, then everyone's hit with 10K extra cost, so lots of cancelled orders probably.

I'd imagine that a scrappage scheme would harm the market for the Model 3, since a scrappage scheme is intended to take older cars off the road and that's probably not the segment that Tesla are targetting.

Maybe interesting times ahead.

For 10k less it makes sense.
    Means your car will appreciate 10k in value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

It is also possible that cars would be cheaper in 2020, so they do not want dealers to deal with unhappy customers. It is not like Ireland has problem with too many EVs being sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭digiman

In the US this week and will be renting the exact car I’ve ordered for a day. Blue M3P with white interior. Really looking forward to Saturday and taking it for a spin, will try get it out of the city and onto some twisty roads as well as the highways here. Can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Tesla could also just absorb any increase as they have done in the US.

My take: If the price increases due to the budget, Tesla absorbs. If it decreases, the customer should get the reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

EVGuy wrote: »
    Tesla could also just absorb any increase as they have done in the US.

My take: If the price increases due to the budget, Tesla absorbs. If it decreases, the customer should get the reduction.

Tesla looks set to lose perhaps $10 per share next year. I hardly think they would be inclined to absorb anything, or be generous, given currency fluctuations seem to have already cost them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

digiman wrote: »
    In the US this week and will be renting the exact car I’ve ordered for a day. Blue M3P with white interior. Really looking forward to Saturday and taking it for a spin, will try get it out of the city and onto some twisty roads as well as the highways here. Can’t wait

Thats exactly the spec I ordered too....great minds think alike.

Interested to read your review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Where are you? If you are in the Bay area do the Panoramic Highway and then Highway 1 to Santa Cruz. That route has everything to test a Tesla and you would not be dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭digiman

krissovo wrote: »

Where are you? If you are in the Bay area do the Panoramic Highway and then Highway 1 to Santa Cruz. That route has everything to test a Tesla and you would not be dissapointed.

I’m in Seattle, will scope out a few driving roads, will take it near the hills and mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

This is not a drill......I have just got a call to finalise my order and apply for the SEAI grant. They said it will be a guaranteed delivery before end of September to hit month end figures for Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

s8n wrote: »
    This is not a drill......I have just got a call to finalise my order and apply for the SEAI grant. They said it will be a guaranteed delivery before end of September to hit month end figures for Tesla.

Wow! that's amazing and unexpected! That's great!! I wonder what your order number is?

And spec!? Were you performance or SR+?

SR+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I guess not related, but I just received my trade in quotation with 24h to accept it, I submitted it like 6-8 ago.

It is rubbish bth, 4750 for a 9 yo 520d estate

SR+
    Ok, there goes my hypothesis...
    I had thought they would do 30+ Performance deliveries first to reservation holders of the more expensive versions...then trickle rest in like they did in the UK.

Were u a reservation holder also?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Has your account been updated to request payment?

Did the call come from Dublin or a Netherlands number?

No who wants to get down to Dublin Port to see what that ship was up to yesterday :pac::pac::pac:

Now after not doing it for weeks, you'll have me back to searching source code on my order page! Has any of your order page updated?

bf wrote: »
    Did the call come from Dublin or a Netherlands number?

No who wants to get down to Dublin Port to see what that ship was up to yesterday :pac::pac::pac:

Now after not doing it for weeks, you'll have me back to searching source code on my order page! Has any of your order page updated?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Just got a trade quote from Tesla! requested one 2 months ago. It has to mean there is some movement going on to full fill irish orders. Exciting times.
    Oh and the trade quote is rubbish... but still excited

Dublin

That's interesting - all UK deliveries are getting call form abroad. I wonder are they sending a first batch of cars to quell the storm? It seems some people in the UK are picking up cars within 2/3 weeks now and most early orders are fulfilled, or else have certainty on delivery dates.

Were you a day 1 reservation holder? Congrats on being potentially the first Model 3 delivery in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Can other people also expect delivery before the end of this month to improve their numbers? hmmm! I hope so :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jarrieta wrote: »
    I guess not related, but I just received my trade in quotation with 24h to accept it, I submitted it like 6-8 ago.

It is rubbish bth, 4750 for a 9 yo 520d estate

F11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

nice! great to have some good news on this thread,. appreciate you sharing!
    same questions as others around what your order date was and is you had a reservation.
    also, kudos for losing my edge ref in sig ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement