Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Excellent news, not jealous at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I just got an email about the trade in also, 11500 for a 3 year old Hyundai Tucson, its just a tad low:) don't think I'll accept their offer, but great news that there is some movement. anybody find out if there were cars on that ship that landed yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Re the tradeins, Tesla literally just give you the dealer trade book value, the equivalent of which is what it would sell for at Merlin's/Wilson's on a bad day.

You'd get 30-40% more in most cases selling privately even if you list as the cheapest similar car on DD

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

My local Hyundai offered me 20K for my Tucson last week off a new Kona EV
    and I must say I was really tempted, when people were talking about January/feb deliveries
    as he had 2 of them in stock, was going to hold onto it anyway just entered the details
    to see what they would offer

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

kceire wrote: »
    F11?

Yes, f11 auto with premium audio, large screen and oyster leather seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

ELM327 wrote: »
    Re the tradeins, Tesla literally just give you the dealer trade book value, the equivalent of which is what it would sell for at Merlin's/Wilson's on a bad day.

You'd get 30-40% more in most cases selling privately even if you list as the cheapest similar car on DD

I know, the book value of mine is above 6k and they offered 4.7k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ELM327 wrote: »
    Excellent news, not jealous at all!

I can’t speak for Elm, if I am bleeding jealous!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jarrieta wrote: »
    Yes, f11 auto with premium audio, large screen and oyster leather seats

Have you got s price in mind?
    I might know a guy looking to upgrade from his E61 MSport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

so-it-begins-today-12486638.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,865 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What - the growing of unkempt long hair and face fuzz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Some information on the TMC forum from someone who also received a call from Tesla Ireland today. Don't recognise the username from this forum. They reserved April 1st 2016 and were one of the first orders on May 31st when the configurator opened. No details on what that configuration was.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/m3-orders-in-ireland.162777/

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

jarrieta wrote: »
    I guess not related, but I just received my trade in quotation with 24h to accept it, I submitted it like 6-8 ago.

It is rubbish bth, 4750 for a 9 yo 520d estate

Anyone get lower than mine? I was offered €50. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭PaulRyan97

EVGuy wrote: »
    Anyone get lower than mine? I was offered €50. :(

What were you trading in? A pair of heelys?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

PaulRyan97 wrote: »

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

You see, I post about possible price rises in the budget, and Tesla see it, get scared, and immediately start delivering cars. You can thank me later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Ok so the first ship to Europe, Hoegh Oslo, is in port in Philadelphia and will be leaving soon for Zeebrugge with possibly the first orders for the Irish market and the lucky few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Teslablue wrote: »
    Ok so the first ship to Europe, Hoegh Oslo, is in port in Philadelphia and will be leaving soon for Zeebrugge with possibly the first orders for the Irish market and the lucky few.

Or the ship that just arrived and left Dublin port has the cars for the said lucky few?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,331 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jusmeig wrote: »
    Or the ship that just arrived and left Dublin port has the cars for the said lucky few?!

Could they be cancellations sent over from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

So, who else is not letting their phone out of their hand today??

The calls people got were yesterday afternoon, so the optimist in me hopes more people will get calls this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

ted1 wrote: »
    Could they be cancellations sent over from the UK?

Unlikely. Cheaper and easier for them to go to people on the UK waiting list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

So, who else is not letting their phone out of their hand today??

The calls people got were yesterday afternoon, so the optimist in me hopes more people will get calls this morning.

I spent yesterday afternoon sorting out my funds so I am ready to pull the trigger. I suspect though being 214 on the list and changing my order to the LR I have quite a bit of time before I get the call.

Also I requested a trade in price for the I3 that I bought from a UK Tesla auction for the craic.

krissovo wrote: »
    I spent yesterday afternoon sorting out my funds so I am ready to pull the trigger. I suspect though being 214 on the list and changing my order to the LR I have quite a bit of time before I get the call.

Yeah, it’s gonna be a fun couple of days or weeks. Although I reckon your order number has nowt to do with getting a call and more to do with the blind luck of inventory matching with your order. Fingers crossed for all here!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Lucky dogs getting the call! So the question now is, how late into the year would you accept the car or what is the point you'll say, no thanks I'll wait until Jan ? I think end of Sept is the cutoff for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

PaulRyan97 wrote: »

Sadly no, or I might have taken the offer! :)

A "modern classic" car. Book value might be €500 (the nearly new tyres are worth €300+ alone) and I would expect to get at *least* a couple of grand selling it privately. Maybe more. I suspect it will be appreciating in value from now as it qualifies for classic insurance.

It would also make someone a great track car.

It's 22yo but only has 70k miles and the interior is near perfect.

As has been mentioned, the Tesla system is just giving trade price for a base model of the relevant year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Is it a Lada riva ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Does anyone who has been called by Tesla have a vin number in their account or during a html search?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Teslablue wrote: »
    Does anyone who has been called by Tesla have a vin number in their account or during a html search?

Someone on the Facebook group received their VIN (over the phone). SEAI grant application going in today. VIN is needed for that process.

Wonder are they just doing a few token deliveries like they did in the UK in June, doesn’t seem to be too many that have received the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd say the loss of grants from October onwards has got their arses in gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fennelln

I believe the grants are ok for cars registered this year. The the October date mentioned in the news was in relation to cars registering for next year.

• Advertisement

https://outline.com/gycYJM

"Current grants are guaranteed for all electric vehicles bought and registered in 2019. Grants for any electric vehicles to be purchased and registered in 2020 are not being allocated at this time, according to a letter issued by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland."

It's something to consider more if you are deferring for that 2020 plate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement