Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Teslablue wrote: »
    It maybe to do with them having a dictator similar to the USA.

Trump's fault :D.

Feel for those awaiting their M3s though - Tesla showing disdain for Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Kramer wrote: »
    Trump's fault :D.

Feel for those awaiting their M3s though - Tesla showing disdain for Irish customers.

It’s been ridiculous. There has been basically one generic text update from Tesla in 2019 to all reservation/order holders. Estimated deliveries have come and gone with no explanation.

Incredibly annoying and difficult to plan selling existing car or organising tax and insurance and finance when the person selling you the car won’t tell you truthfully when to expect it.

The model 3 is a great product but this whole process of ordering from Tesla has been a wretched one. Possibly the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. All over the place and verging on farcical.

I feel embarrassed when people actually ask me when I’m getting my car as I genuinely have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

bdogg wrote: »
    It’s been ridiculous. There has been basically one generic text update from Tesla in 2019 to all reservation/order holders. Estimated deliveries have come and gone with no explanation.

Incredibly annoying and difficult to plan selling existing car or organising tax and insurance and finance when the person selling you the car won’t tell you truthfully when to expect it.

The model 3 is a great product but this whole process of ordering from Tesla has been a wretched one. Possibly the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. All over the place and verging on farcical.

I feel embarrassed when people actually ask me when I’m getting my car as I genuinely have no idea.

Don't feel embarrassed, it's not your fault. Don't get angry, get even. You can do beautiful electric donuts in their car park on collection day in 2020, and glide off into the sunset...that's my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

hatrack wrote: »

Elon would be disgusted if he knew the traditional dealers could supply Model 3's to anyone before the loyal reservation holding minions, of which I am part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

hatrack wrote: »

"Due in". now DC motors customers know how the rest of us feel :D

"Due in". now DC motors customers know how the rest of us feel :D

They’ll have it before Tesla anyway. Presume it’s coming from the UK.

Are there any risks to buying it from them as opposed to Tesla? Could Tesla switch off connectivity or anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can I ask what is the price of a basic spec Model 3 after grants / VRT etc?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Can I ask what is the price of a basic spec Model 3 after grants / VRT etc?

€47,840.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Installed today....all I need now is my car, I am ready for ya Elon.

JpGa6iyl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So you didn't go for the grant??!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Am I right in saying the autonomous hardware is on board all versions but costs €6500 to “unlock”??

Batesy wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the autonomous hardware is on board all versions but costs €6500 to “unlock”??
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 65,210 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes. FSD is just a software unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

jusmeig wrote: »
    Elon would be disgusted if he knew the traditional dealers could supply Model 3's to anyone before the loyal reservation holding minions, of which I am part

Also, resellers can offer PCP which will make the car way more affordable. The SR+ will be about 700 on 5 year HP but “only” 450-500 on PCP.

slave1 wrote: »
    So you didn't go for the grant??!!

I am not paying for the charger personally and I also am having some redecoration done in the house in the coming weeks, so made sense to install it ASAP. Running the cables in my house created a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Has anyone in Ireland gone to “Prepare for delivery” on their account yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Not that we're aware of. A few people myself included have had vins assigned only for tesla to take them away. So clearly the back end system that assigns orders to built cars thinks we're worthy but something / one is then pulling them off us.

Speculation is all over the shop but no one who knows is saying anything. Theories include revenue issues, seai issues, staffing issues in Sandyford, invoice system issues, shipping / distribution issues, anti-Irish discrimination, brexit, Jacob Rees-Mogg secretly runs Tesla in Europe. Anything I missed? Honestly probably just supply / demand issues, Tesla has decided to prioritise other RHD markets over Ireland.

You missed the Illuminati .

Nope.

Until I get a phonecall from Sandyford and a text with a date I'm not even taking any website changes seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Do Tesla home chargers work with any CCS equipped car?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I just emailed OrderUpdatesEMEA to enquire if upgrading my order to LR AWD would push out the delivery time, and this is the instant reply I got:

***Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your order.

If you have not done so yet, please reply to your initial email and send us your bank details in the following form:

Reservation/order number
    Bank account holder name
    IBAN
    BIC

Once we received all the required information your cancellation will be processed automatically and you can expect your refund within 45 days. Please be informed that you can view the status of your order in your My Tesla account and that you will not receive any additional email confirmation.***

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

JpGa6iyl.jpg

sorry if i missed this already, but would you mind sharing the process and price for getting this installed, what output you're getting on an ESB supply etc?

sorry if i missed this already, but would you mind sharing the process and price for getting this installed, what output you're getting on an ESB supply etc?

You need to get a 32A circuit from your fuse board run to it with a cut off/isolator safety switch. This provides the maximum charging speed you can get via the Tesla high power wall charger which will give a rate of 7.4 kW or 31 to 44 km/h charging speed.

People on here will say to get 3 phase installed and get a different charger to get a faster rate, but the Tesla wall charger is capped at 32a here in Europe and it would cost you a fortune to install 3 phase unless you already live in a factory or an industrial estate.

You need to call 2-3 electricians and get a quote from each. Pricing varies widely.

bdogg wrote: »
    You need to get a 32A circuit from your fuse board run to it with a cut off/isolator safety switch. This provides the maximum charging speed you can get via the Tesla high power wall charger which will give a rate of 7.4 kW or 31 to 44 km/h charging speed.

People on here will say to get 3 phase installed and get a different charger to get a faster rate, but the Tesla wall charger is capped at 32a here in Europe and it would cost you a fortune to install 3 phase unless you already live in a factory or an industrial estate.

You need to call 2-3 electricians and get a quote from each. Pricing varies widely.

^^^ This

Cost a little of 500 for the tesla wall unit, and about 700 for the install. Varies wildly depending on the state of you house wiring. I needed a new ground and other upgrades before they could install.

Around 7kw...so empty to 80% in about 5-7 hours. Its an overnight thing for me. Actually took the electrician a day install it, lot of work.

I got names off the tesla website for recommended installers, there are a bunch out there. I am happy with the install, and the tesla wall unit is very discrete compared to some other units I looked at.

Process is ring an installer....they come do a survey and tell you the cost...you buy the charger off Tesla (they keep them in stock)...the chap come out and installs the charger. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

I just emailed OrderUpdatesEMEA to enquire if upgrading my order to LR AWD would push out the delivery time, and this is the instant reply I got:

***Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your order.

If you have not done so yet, please reply to your initial email and send us your bank details in the following form:

Reservation/order number
    Bank account holder name
    IBAN
    BIC

Once we received all the required information your cancellation will be processed automatically and you can expect your refund within 45 days. Please be informed that you can view the status of your order in your My Tesla account and that you will not receive any additional email confirmation.***

If you cancel the order you qualify for a free upgrade to spaceX rocket🚘

Around 7kw...so empty to 80% in about 5-7 hours. Its an overnight thing for me.

If you don't already have night rate electricity, ring your electricity provider to get it installed. Costs nothing to install, will add about €50 per year to your standing charge and will up your day rate by about 1c / kWh but your night rate will go down from something like 18c / kWh to 8c / kWh so substantial savings in charging your EV (and better for the environment as night generation is mostly from wind a lot of the time)

unkel wrote: »
    If you don't already have night rate electricity, ring your electricity provider to get it installed. Costs nothing to install, will add about €50 per year to your standing charge and will up your day rate by about 1c / kWh but your night rate will go down from something like 18c / kWh to 8c / kWh so substantial savings in charging your EV (and better for the environment as night generation is mostly from wind a lot of the time)

Done...at what time does night rate kick in? Midnight?

Summer (time): 00:00 - 09:00
    Winter (time): 23:00 - 08:00

For most households not making any changes in behaviour, it more or less breaks even. With an EV (charging at night) the savings are substantial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

With the advice that the 3 shouldn't be discharged below 25% and not charged beyond 80% is the real world range then 500 kilometer. I know Audi gets hate re it's range (deserved) but it 'automatically' does this with its large buffer so 100% charged is never 100% due to its large buffering.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement