Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If the grants go, It'll have a big impact on sales here I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

I sent in my car for a valuation yesterday and for a response this morning. €6k and €11k less than I have been offered by 2 different BMW dealers for a 171 BMW 520d touring which is top spec also. I still have a year to go on pcp payments so don’t think I will have option to buy privately unless I was to buy out of current pcp deal which I would have no intention of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

digiman wrote: »
    I sent in my car for a valuation yesterday and for a response this morning. €6k and €11k less than I have been offered by 2 different BMW dealers for a 171 BMW 520d touring which is top spec also. I still have a year to go on pcp payments so don’t think I will have option to buy privately unless I was to buy out of current pcp deal which I would have no intention of doing.
    Why not sell to the BMW dealers?
    That's what Tesla want you to do...
    They only offer trade ins as a "last resort" or "pay premium for nohassle optioN"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

ELM327 wrote: »
    digiman wrote: »
    Why not sell to the BMW dealers?
    That's what Tesla want you to do...
    They only offer trade ins as a "last resort" or "pay premium for nohassle optioN"

The quote that BMW give as a trade in is when you are buying a new car from them so if you are not buying off them I don’t see them offering much either. But I will try it and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Ring Beshoff Motors they will buy good motors no problem no hassle. I think myself that with EFT's the ballache is gone out of selling privately these days but you have to price to sell...still usually many thousands better than a trade sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What Tesla do is offer direct to the trade who will low ball .

So your offer is "the best" of a bunch of low ball offers.

Trade is bidding on cars they haven't even seen .

You see this in action to a lesser degree when the salesman of a normal dealer is basing his offer based on what another dealer is willing to underwrite it for .

Trading in a 2017 5 series diesel to a BMW dealer - you are trading in a car they will look to retail out as approved used .

That strongly impacts what they can offer you for it .

Still though the Tesla approach is a bit crap in a world where people trade in as the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

s8n wrote: »
    Is it a Lada riva ?

106GTi.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

EVGuy wrote: »
    106GTi.
    That's too niche of a car to get a realistic offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

From an insurance perspective - What are folks finding the cheapest for those who have been shopping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

s8n wrote: »
    From an insurance perspective - What are folks finding the cheapest for those who have been shopping ?

AA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

AA

Same here. AA seemed to be one of the few who would quote and the cheapest.

Model 3 isn't showing up on dropdown menus from Chill.ie and 123.ie yet though... Chill told me to go and chill wouldn't even quote me without a Registration over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

no more calls on the thread today then?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

no more calls on the thread today then?

Nothing on the Facebook group either - seems like it’s only a handful of cars coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,331 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Unlikely. Cheaper and easier for them to go to people on the UK waiting list.

Maybe all orders for a particular configuration are filled

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Spoke with Tesla delivery team in the last few minutes. Without actually saying it in as many words (because they wouldn't be allowed) - A few cars here by the end of Sept, for early reservation holders.

All other deliveries scheduled as per recent text - November/December time. Confirmed that I am not VIN matched :o

I'm guessing the few Sept deliveries are diversions from the UK - keeps the storm of customers somewhat at bay here by delivering a few cars & also allows then to say for Q3 results deliveries have started in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

ted1 wrote: »
    Maybe all orders for a particular configuration are filled

The people who got calls yesterday have different configurations. There was at least 1 P and 1 SR+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The people who got calls yesterday have different configurations. There was at least 1 P and 1 SR+.

And 1 model S

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

QQ: Is it possible to join the Tesla Owners Ireland group without being on Facebook?

bf wrote: »
    Spoke with Tesla delivery team in the last few minutes. Without actually saying it in as many words (because they wouldn't be allowed) - A few cars here by the end of Sept, for early reservation holders.

All other deliveries scheduled as per recent text - November/December time. Confirmed that I am not VIN matched :o

I'm guessing the few Sept deliveries are diversions from the UK - keeps the storm of customers somewhat at bay here by delivering a few cars & also allows then to say for Q3 results deliveries have started in another country.

Or to train the delivery and inspection teams.

So, still could be excess stock from uk order.
    E.g they have filled their blue p with white seats order and also their pink with yellow SR+..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

ted1 wrote: »
    Or to train the delivery and inspection teams.

The Irish team have all spent time in Heathrow delivering Model 3s there

bf wrote: »
    The Irish team have all spent time in Heathrow delivering Model 3s there

Ah but you need a local trial

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-3/fpa/201909071974111

See a few available in Carzone - Wonder to they actually have them (maybe in from the UK) or are they just getting ready???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hartunion wrote: »

See a few available in Carzone - Wonder to they actually have them (maybe in from the UK) or are they just getting ready???

That's an independent dealer who has been able to get hold of a few I think (I assume via UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Hartunion wrote: »

They got 5 at this stage. Crazy Tesla haven’t be able to sell at least one to a customer.

BBMcQ wrote: »
    They got 5 at this stage. Crazy Tesla haven’t be able to sell at least one to a customer.

1 sold, 1 deposit taken, 3 available now.

Think they had one up with a premium of €6k originally but don’t think they’re looking for that much anymore.

If they had my spec I’d just go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

hatrack wrote: »
    1 sold, 1 deposit taken, 3 available now.

Think they had one up with a premium of €6k originally but don’t think they’re looking for that much anymore.

If they had my spec I’d just go with them.

Has anyone walked in the door of this place to see the cars are here. They are using renders to show the models available.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

They have 1 SR+ in the showroom & four more cars on the way at the moment according to the sales man, they're emailing me on the details, bought directly from tesla UK, to be sold as new cars with full tesla warranty

jordan191 wrote: »
    They have 1 SR+ in the showroom & four more cars on the way at the moment according to the sales man, they're emailing me on the details, bought directly from tesla UK, to be sold as new cars with full tesla warranty

Thanks for that - did they say how soon is “on the way”?

I’d be happy enough to pay a premium to get a car ASAP to be honest. I’ve been really struggling to get by for a few months now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Rent a go car?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement