Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You might be able to upload it here then share the link https://free.mailbigfile.com/

That will only let me send it to someone.

I’ll get attach screen shots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

For comparison, here's what the PCP calculator comes out with for a Max edition at different interest rates

5.9% = 548 pm
    3.9% = 504 pm
    1.9% = 463 pm
    0% = 414 pm

That's assuming the car costs €48,345 with a deposit of €14,500 and residual value after 3 years of €19,338

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Pricing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Here's the link to PDF:
    http://mbf.me/5Nlp0a
    You might be able to upload it here then share the link https://free.mailbigfile.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭eagerv

The basic 1st looks good value at €34425 for pretty good equipment.

For me it's not worth spending an extra €7K on a few extras desirable to me such as Matrix LEDs and rear camera..

Will be interesting to see how prices on cars such as new Ioniq and Leaf etc react.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

From the PDF - 724€ extra for metallic

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

No split backrest on the 1st? I find it really bizarre as you have it in trend line polo. 2 front usb-c interfaces and 2 rear usb-c interfaces is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No split backrest on the 1st? I find it really bizarre as you have it in trend line polo. 2 front usb-c interfaces and 2 rear usb-c interfaces is good.

They have added 3 isofix though brings it inline with the Audi's..

The tech specs differ from the German specs released yesterday, 0 to 100 is down as 7.5 but the German specs sheet says 7.3
    They've nothing down for torque but it's 310Nm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

I would assume you can lower the rear seats. Maybe the ski hatch and arm rest is the extra.

I would assume you can lower the rear seats. Maybe the ski hatch and arm rest is the extra.

You can I think it's the same as a golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Almost 50k seems insane.

Why would you buy that over a Tesla?

This may shock some on here, but not everyone wants a Tesla. Certainly not with crap paint and poor fit and finish.

Don't get me wrong, I would be a big fan of the tech stuff, but I hate poor paint and like bits of the car to stay where they should be.

Yeah I saw a video on YouTube where the back seat was down, it looks like it was in two sections

This may shock some on here, but not everyone wants a Tesla. Certainly not with crap paint and poor fit and finish.

Don't get me wrong, I would be a big fan of the tech stuff, but I hate poor paint and like bits of the car to stay where they should be.

I like the tech stuff, but for me the ID3 is a nicer looking car that suits my requirements better (I like hatchbacks)

Also the only Tesla service centre is in South Dublin whereas there's a VW garage 3km from me, so when I need to go for annual services it's much simpler with the ID3

From the PDF - 724€ extra for metallic

I was gonna go for the turquoise, but the picture in the brochure looks a lot greener than any other pictures, hope that's just a camera issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yeah I saw a video on YouTube where the back seat was down, it looks like it was in two sections
    The split backrest and a ski hatch are specifically mentioned the plus and max versions. Most of the pic and videos were for the max spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭eagerv

I was gonna go for the turquoise, but the picture in the brochure looks a lot greener than any other pictures, hope that's just a camera issue.

Hard to know with colours without actually seeing them, but for us after recently getting a white Ioniq, love the colour. Looks well even when a little dirty, doesn't show up every dirty rain shower like my present sporty blue Honda. Also stays cooler in the warmer weather.
    I think the ID3 will look well in the sparkling white with the black roof..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

That green on the "Colours" page of the PDF isn't right. The car we saw at the December event was much closer in colour to the images on the other pages

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think this is hilarious. For all the noise VW made about low prices, it's pretty much in the range of existing eco cars (for the lower spec) and the lower spec of premium models (for the highest spec).

Who's going to buy this?

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »

Who's going to buy this?

What's the alternative? It seems like very cheap motoring for 3yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

It's very hard to justify a €7,000 jump between the base and the plus, and even harder to justify the €7,000 jump from the plus to the max.

This isn't the €25,000 affordable car that was hinted at when it was first introduced to us.

I think VW have really botched the ID3 release. They overplayed the hype early on and paraded the disguised car far too long. Now they're releasing the car before the complete tech package is ready. Then, when it comes to the market, it's much more expensive that the early hype.

It's going to take a huge trade-in offer to winkle me out of my Niro. The range would be a backward step for me, and from sitting in both, I'd be losing internal space as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaahooters

What's the alternative? It seems like very cheap motoring for 3yrs

to not buy an id3 i s the alternitive.

ive checked my maths a few trimes now, and cant get any monthly payment to work under €500, without a 10k payment at the end, thats not guranteed to begin with.

new diesel golf seems more affordable currnetly..... think i need coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It's very hard to justify a €7,000 jump between the base and the plus, and even harder to justify the €7,000 jump from the plus to the max.

This isn't the €25,000 affordable car that was hinted at when it was first introduced to us.

I think VW have really botched the ID3 release. They overplayed the hype early on and paraded the disguised car far too long. Now they're releasing the car before the complete tech package is ready. Then, when it comes to the market, it's much more expensive that the early hype.

It's going to take a huge trade-in offer to winkle me out of my Niro. The range would be a backward step for me, and from sitting in both, I'd be losing internal space as well.

These are all the mid-range model though, yeah? Just different specs. So it will be interesting to see the variants of the short-range model.

I do agree though that the jumps between the levels is insane for very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think this is hilarious. For all the noise VW made about low prices, it's pretty much in the range of existing eco cars (for the lower spec) and the lower spec of premium models (for the highest spec).

tbf, it isnt the €25k car because its not the entry level model. Its the launch edition which is a much higher spec, longer range car. We havent seen the price for entry level models yet, so hold your fire on that!

Who's going to buy this?

Me for one.

To be fair, VW we're saying the base model with the smaller battery would be under €30k, they always said the 1st edition would be more expensive on account of the bigger battery and higher spec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Who's going to buy this?

It's gas alright

Think anyone that wasn't a fanboy like Shef knew the game VW were playing

That green on the "Colours" page of the PDF isn't right. The car we saw at the December event was much closer in colour to the images on the other pages

That's what I was hoping, I'm guessing they got the discount photographer for that one

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like they significantly overdelivered on the prices, back in November we were expecting them to be
    1st edition base model 40k euros
    1st edition mid model 45k euros
    1st edition top model 50k euros
    https://cleantechnica.com/2019/11/29/volkswagen-id-3-1st-edition-prices-in-ireland/

Will be really interesting to see where the cars they made noise about starting at €30,000 ends up. They've learnt from Tesla and are offering the premium (higher margin) model first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

nkay1985 wrote: »
    These are all the mid-range model though, yeah? Just different specs. So it will be interesting to see the variants of the short-range model.

I do agree though that the jumps between the levels is insane for very little.

True

Only the base is good value at 34k, price jumps are insane, nearly 50k for top spec

The 77kWh long range version will be €60,000+ for top spec, has there every been an VW Golf that cost that much, except for a 400bhp rally car version

VW will need to be offering 0% finance on these

Advertisement