Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Cant wait to see range test

Don't think it will beat SR+ at 120kmh

Not expecting much better than 250km at that speed

Probably correct, however if it does 350km on normal roads I would be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Link to ID plan (finance) designed for ID family on vw website is broken...
    Actually some good info ab the 1st movers club

Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a Volkswagen Financial Services Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

eagerv wrote: »
    Probably correct, however if it does 350km on normal roads I would be very happy.

Little disappointing all the same though

It's a built from the ground up EV, on a dedicated platform, built by some of the best engineers in the world, no expense spared, billions thrown at it

I am fully expecting it to have less motorway range than something thrown together by the Koreans

Kona is an ICE car with a 64kWh battery bolted on underneath, no finese at all, if it's not more efficent than that so much for German engineering

Would be disappointing imo if the ID3 58kWh with 10% less battery size can't match the Kona's range and a bit embarrasing if it can't match the Telsla Model 3 SR+ whose battery is 10% smaller @ 120km/h

Bjorn test should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Link to ID plan (finance) designed for ID family on vw website is broken...
    Actually some good info ab the 1st movers club

Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a Volkswagen Financial Services Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

I wasn't able to find any links for that, could you share them?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a built from the ground up EV, on a dedicated platform, built by some of the best engineers in the world, no expense spared, billions thrown at it

I am fully expecting it to have less motorway range than something thrown together by the Koreans

Kona is an ICE car with a 64kWh battery bolted on underneath, no finese at all, if it's not more efficent than that so much for German engineering

Would be disappointing imo if the ID3 58kWh with 10% less battery size can't match the Kona's range and a bit embarrasing if it can't match the Telsla Model 3 SR+ whose battery is 10% smaller @ 120km/h

In fairness the eGolf went over the WLTP and this is brand new so just like Tesla the range and speed may improve via updates, it's actually a 64kwh batter in it so there's room for improvement..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't expect it to match the model 3 range at 120km/h, the model 3 is a much more aerodynamic design, which makes a big difference a high speeds.

At 90km/h I'd be expecting the range to be pretty close to the SR+

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I like the look of the ID3 - Could be the car that moves us to a 2 EV household in time.

It will be interesting to see what the real world range is.

Likewise, I just need to convince the other half to get rid of her garbage Citroen. Haven't succeeded in 7 years though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

I see in bob flavins video from the vw IRL pdf the supplied public charging cable is 16 amp, not 32 amp the car is capable of. This means at public AC charge points you will charge at half the rate the car is capable of. Madness.

Just include a 32amp cable and public AC charging will be twice the speed. If I was on waiting list I would refuse the car on this basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

A little disappointed they are charging extra for the three different colours. I hadn't heard that mentioned before.

zg3409 wrote: »
    I see in bob flavins video from the vw IRL pdf the supplied public charging cable is 16 amp, not 32 amp the car is capable of. This means at public AC charge points you will charge at half the rate the car is capable of. Madness.

Just include a 32amp cable and public AC charging will be twice the speed. If I was on waiting list I would refuse the car on this basis.

Is DC for faster charging so the cable supplied would be fine for ionty and home etc. Just slower at ac chargers?.

• Advertisement

I wasn't able to find any links for that, could you share them?

Actually I found them in my email, looks like the finance page is working now

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/id3-1st.html#id-finance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

16 amp cable should do 11kW on three phase public charging which I think is maximum this car can charge. 32 amp would be useful for home and destination chargers to get 7kW.

Actually I found them in my email, looks like the finance page is working now

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/id3-1st.html#id-finance

No deposit on pcp, can give 10% if you want.

Interesting

Doesn't say the rate

VW bank is key

I don't see the finance figures just the figures for service package..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

VW told me this morning that the AC charging cable would match the higher speed AC. It would be a bit underhand if they only supplied the lower speed cable.
    But anything is possible, didn't Kia/Hyundai do something similar until they were put under pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

No deposit on pcp, can give 10% if you want.

Interesting

Doesn't say the rate

VW bank is key

Did anyone get the PCP interest rates yet?

They fixed the link to finance packages but there are no prices there.

Did anyone get the PCP interest rates yet?

Haven't seen it posted yet

Zero deposit, 50% GMFV after 3 years with 15k km, 1.9% apr seems to be a good guess

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/vw-promises-electric-motoring-for-the-masses-starting-at-40-000-1.4088272

Would put montly payment on base model of €35,000 at €500pm

Not a bad payment considering zero deposit

For me coming from a nearly 20 year old banger with no value would be

€160pm fuel saving
    €50pm tax saving
    €60pm nct/maintenance cost

All in probably only costing me €50 a week/€200 for a brand new 204bhp ID3

No solid figures yet but called into my dealer today and he was quoting me the ID plan finance for the ID.3 Plus.
    10% deposit with 50% GFMV. monthly's are €550 approx.The interest rate was 4.9%.

The Weston event was promoting 0% finance with this new ID Plan..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

No solid figures yet but called into my dealer today and he was quoting me the ID plan finance for the ID.3 Plus.
    10% deposit with 50% GFMV. monthly's are €550 approx.The interest rate was 4.9%.

The Weston event was promoting 0% finance with this new ID Plan..

Let's hope your dealer is wrong...

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »

4.9% would a rip off. There’s 0% pcp on most of vw models including the new golf. My dealer said they have no finance info just yet.

kris_2021 wrote: »

I hope too.

bad photo of the Weston event showing €409 X 36 . I think for the max?

4.9% would a rip off. There’s 0% pcp on most of vw models including the new golf. My dealer said they have no finance info just yet.

1.9% has been talked about for a while

0% would be amazing, but not needed to shift them

There already shifted, they'll probably go 1.9 seen as there sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

eagerv wrote: »
    VW told me this morning that the AC charging cable would match the higher speed AC. It would be a bit underhand if they only supplied the lower speed cable.
    But anything is possible, didn't Kia/Hyundai do something similar until they were put under pressure?

516777.jpg

Kia Niro from April had 11kW charger came with cable for 7kW not 11kW, but Hyundai swapped it with correct one.

The above image says ID3 comes with 3.5kW cable while car has 7kW charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

I got similar quote 10% down....4.9% rate and 50% at end for plus.
    Anyone thinking 0% is mad. That is for cars that dont sell like ice ... Soon to be old version of models etc

I'd say they were making up the 4.9% it's worst case scenario, dealer didn't know today for definate.

Just found this on Facebook if anyone wants to work those figures backwards to see the rate.

Screenshot-20200617-195548.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Just found this on Facebook if anyone wants to work those figures backwards to see the rate.

Screenshot-20200617-195548.jpg

14.1% ????

It is 4.9% Apr which is crap imo. If this is true than id3 first standard one will be around €480 per month with 10% deposit paid in.

All the value is gone with 4.9%apr and I really hope it is not true.....

Advertisement